Not much 5 7.46%
Not at all 10 14.93%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:06 (Ref:824383)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
How biased are we.

Ok not a true F1 post but using F1 drivers as an example...

Watching british coverage you soon realise they are pretty biased towards there drivers. Using Webber as an example how well would he do if we ban all you australians from voting for him I know if there was a South African driver racing I'd support him 110%!!

So, how biased are YOU!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 10:14 (Ref:824392)   #2
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drivers? Not at all! However I will always be a Ferrari suporter. And yes, if the chap who happens to drive a red car doesn't do his job, he will face my "totally unbiased" wrath!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:20 (Ref:824448)   #3
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, ever since Mika retired, I can honestly say - not at all - as long as there are no drivers from Yugoslavia.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:22 (Ref:824450)   #4
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm going to stick my neck out a little here and say that anyone who votes "Not at all" either isn't that big a Formula 1 fan or is a damn liar!

(How many exceptions is a rule allowed before it stops being a rule? :confused: )

I'm biased, but not totally, so I voted "A little" cos that's more than "Not much".

I'm perfectly willing to congratulate Ralf, JPM, Kimi or anyone else on a good drive, and I will defend any of them against unfair criticism. But I am, always have been and always will be a true Ferrari fan. If you cut me, I even bleed Ferrari red!

Last edited by garcon; 31 Dec 2003 at 11:23.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:29 (Ref:824453)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Yes i agree with you garcon... even ljakse says as long as there are no drivers from Yugoslavia..

Are there any germans who dont support the Schumachers?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:31 (Ref:824455)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There might be a few HHF fans...?
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:36 (Ref:824458)   #7
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
New Zealanders are totaly unbiased,afterall, we haven't had driver in f1 for decades.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:46 (Ref:824470)   #8
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very. using webber as my example, anybody how continues to think he did a better job in 2003 than irvine 2002 seems to be a webber fan or is australian rather than a 'nuetral' like myself.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:52 (Ref:824475)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, I'm neutral on that. And I think Webber did a better job - I meant to say in the other thread. I'll do so.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:55 (Ref:824478)   #10
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
er, I'm neutral on that. And I think Webber did a better job - I meant to say in the other thread. I'll do so.
i look forward to seeing your reasons for this, because.....their aint any.

i will leave it for that thread.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 11:59 (Ref:824481)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I'm biasd, to that i will admit, i will always try to defend my driver, but, if he does wrong, Indy as an example,i will agree (publicly ) that a penalty was deserved. That said, i don't particullary like Michael, but i do see that he is a fantastic talent and don't mind saying so.

Last edited by Mr V; 31 Dec 2003 at 11:59.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 12:02 (Ref:824484)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't say I'm greatly biased in favour of the British drivers, perhaps because many of them have been quite 'worthy' and unexciting in recent years. The only ones I particularly have supported in F1 have been herbert and Button. My favourite drivers ahve usually been overseas ones, perhaps reflecting the international nature of F1.

In series with few British drivers, such as DTM and CART, I tend to support the British guys along with my usual favourites. But, if I don't like a driver's personality, or don't rate his ability, I won't support him even if he comes from my town.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 12:07 (Ref:824490)   #13
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
just so people know, although do consider myself a 'fan' of the sport rather than drivers, i DO have a fave driver. and he is british. but he isnt in f1!
Old 31 Dec 2003, 13:20 (Ref:824547)   #14
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't had an American to cheer for for 11 years. I tencd to support Swedish and Finnish drivers, though i didn't like Johansson and don't care for Kimi. So I guess I'm unbiased.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 14:15 (Ref:824591)   #15
fog_shadow
Racer

fog_shadow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nationality plays no part in who i support. MS is the driver i admire the most, but that has a lot to do with what he has achieved and the odds that he faced.

Mark Webber is another driver that i root for a lot, perhaps because he seems so similar to michael.

i don't dislike any driver per se. i just wasn't a big fan of yoong when he was in F1.

fog_shadow
Old 31 Dec 2003, 17:45 (Ref:824687)   #16
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a patriotic Australian which means i'm totally biased about Mark Webber as i am about any Aussie sportsperson.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 17:50 (Ref:824689)   #17
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was biased in favour of Prost (with good reason I might add) -- but regarding the current crop, I am not biased in favour of anyone.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 18:09 (Ref:824696)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
even if it doesnt seem by my nickname i am only slightly biased... i dont mind giving credit to anyone who drives well nor critisizing my fav drivers(kimi, RS , FA and MW) when they drive like Cr@p
Old 31 Dec 2003, 18:24 (Ref:824714)   #19
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am quite biased. There are a few drivers I like and there are a few I really cannot stand. But even those which I don't like I will say "good on them" when they produce a good performance. Same goes for my favourite drivers and bad performances (except the opposite saying ).
Old 31 Dec 2003, 19:15 (Ref:824741)   #20
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to support Finnish drivers both in F1 and world rally,maybe we icelanders will get one someday,
Viktor Jensen, Kid Jensen son
Old 31 Dec 2003, 19:41 (Ref:824755)   #21
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course I support and cheer on all young up-and-coming Scottish drivers (including myself of course ). However, the other side of the coin is that I hate Coulthard, can't stand him, so maybe I'm not totally biased after all. When it comes to things like finding where to place the blame when an incident occurs between a Scottish driver and a driver of another nationality, then I'm usually totally neutral. Overall, I answered "Not Much".
So I ride out to the old sundown
Old 31 Dec 2003, 20:56 (Ref:824781)   #22
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm a Jacques/Williams fan and I am totally biased.
Congratulating a rival driver/team requires a tremendous amount of effort.

And then there are certain drivers that i just can't stand, like TGF, Ralf and Coulthard.
Old 31 Dec 2003, 20:59 (Ref:824783)   #23
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think they're all spoiled rich kids who are in F1 (or motorsports in general) because either their parents had lots of money or a family friend (in the case of Michael Schumacher) had lots of money to throw at them. I believe with the current Formula 1 cars, almost anyone could drive them, and with the right physical and mental training win races and potentially a championship if they had the right equipment. F1 is not a sport, but a money game.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 31 Dec 2003, 21:08 (Ref:824788)   #24
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Huh? Where did that come from? :confused:

I just wish I had the chance to be biased and expierience the feeling, but as an American F1 fan, I'm not likely to feel it soon...

Danica Patrick
Old 31 Dec 2003, 21:41 (Ref:824797)   #25
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To my knowledge, racing has always been 'a gentleman's game' -- previously the wealthy gentlemen raced using their own money; now they race using their parents' money. If there ever was a time when racing was equally available to poor people and the lower middle class, outside your local dirt track, I am not aware of it.