Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2232601)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[FV8SCSR04] Queensland Raceway Fujitsu Series

Interesting to note the comments attributed to Mr Reynolds in AA regarding his test in the #15 Autobarn VE Commodore.. and just how much better it appeared to be compared to his TDR-prepared VZ....

So.. who will win this round?

Hard to look past Mr Owen... although you would imagine the Howard Racing pairing would be strong... and Mr Wills.. if he indeed makes a return to the series at this round will be good too....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Jun 2008, 15:28 (Ref:2232711)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm with GTR's tips.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2233067)   #3
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The return of Mr O'Brien in his freshly tweaked machine might raise some heads.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 00:40 (Ref:2233084)   #4
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
and Mr Wills.. if he indeed makes a return to the series at this round will be good too....
GTR, this is the 2nd round you've said this... I dont think you know mate and throwing caution to the wind...if he does come.. that will be good..

my tips..

Owen, Canto (hard to look past those two) and perhaps Slade, and Trimble..

AAB, will we see the #61 car back...
Old 20 Jun 2008, 00:56 (Ref:2233091)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
GTR, this is the 2nd round you've said this... I dont think you know mate and throwing caution to the wind...if he does come.. that will be good..
Its also reported in the latest 321ignition... and as reported elsewhere here, the chassis is currently undergoing a rebuild in the EMS workshop...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 20 Jun 2008, 05:08 (Ref:2233137)   #6
Also a Believer
Veteran

FA, TONY C Posted that he saw it heading south with a new side fitted this week. Time wise I assume the car would be ready, maybe TBA will get another run. Who really knows....I would hope for the teams sake they can find another bum for the seat. Lets all wait and see.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2233172)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
The return of Mr O'Brien in his freshly tweaked machine might raise some heads.
I doubt it.
Old 20 Jun 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2233174)   #8
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will Wayne Wakefield make his annual appearance?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2240421)   #9
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
a un-named source close to team and driver tells that Matt O'Grady will be driving the #61 car at QR...
Old 3 Jul 2008, 07:58 (Ref:2242853)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
a un-named source close to team and driver tells that Matt O'Grady will be driving the #61 car at QR...
I noticed Mr O'Grady is selling signature space on the Race Image car at $15 a spot... hopefully there are 3,000+ willing participants, and sufficient space on the car, to fund the drive?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 3 Jul 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2243402)   #11
Also a Believer
Veteran

Cheap seat 45k.
Old 3 Jul 2008, 23:53 (Ref:2243466)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Also a Believer
Cheap seat 45k.
Only if you find 3,000 people equipped with a pen.... then its free
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 00:11 (Ref:2243475)   #13
beanbag86
Rookie

beanbag86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only if you find 3,000 people equipped with a pen.... then its free
At least he's thinking of a different way to get fans involved in the sport. I think it's a great idea, and dont understand why anyone would bag it. It's not like either of you can afford to sponsor a driver....
Old 4 Jul 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2243476)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag86
At least he's thinking of a different way to get fans involved in the sport. I think it's a great idea, and dont understand why anyone would bag it. It's not like either of you can afford to sponsor a driver....
And you know this how precisely??
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2243480)   #15
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbag86

It's a brilliant idea!! Love ya work beanbag!

GTR, you must be jealous not to come up with a great idea like that?.. It's all about bringing the fans closer to the cars, for a small sum, which is quite possibly the cheapest motorsport sponsorship around...

I'll be gladly handing over my $15 for a spot!!
Old 4 Jul 2008, 00:26 (Ref:2243483)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I am very jealous of not having the capacity to find 3000+ people to get their signarture on a car to drive for one weekend, then at the conclusion of the weekend hand the car back to its preparers, no future drive in sight
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 03:12 (Ref:2243535)   #17
birtek
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
birtek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Dynamik do that once?
Old 4 Jul 2008, 04:52 (Ref:2243557)   #18
Also a Believer
Veteran

I will go you 7.50 each GTR
Old 4 Jul 2008, 06:43 (Ref:2243585)   #19
v8holdendude
Rookie

v8holdendude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree and think it is a very interesting and great idea to bring fans closer to the sport. Just imagine little kids having there photo taken next to a V8 supercar with there name on it. The looks on there faces would be priceless and a memento to keep for many years down the track.

I remember John Faulkner doing the same sort of thing many years ago with his Asiaonline V8 Supercar at Clipsal. I remember seeing a line of supporters lined up waiting to sign his car. If i remember correctly it was about $25 to sign his car.

Great idea by Matt O'Grady's team.

I will definately be handing over my $15 to sign the car and hopefully grab a photo with Matt.
Old 4 Jul 2008, 06:47 (Ref:2243586)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if i was there i would definatly do it it would certainly be a highlight of mine.
Old 4 Jul 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2243633)   #21
PhaseIII
Racer

Australia
In a Land Down Under
PhaseIII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I noticed Mr O'Grady is selling signature space on the Race Image car at $15 a spot...
Where is this offer advertised???
Old 4 Jul 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2243646)   #22
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Over on Facebook apparently
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jul 2008, 13:11 (Ref:2243867)   #23
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Quote:
I noticed Mr O'Grady is selling signature space on the Race Image car at $15 a spot... hopefully there are 3,000+ willing participants, and sufficient space on the car, to fund the drive?
GTR, I think you misunderstood..

Matt and the team arent looking for 3000+ people to fund the drive, They are looking for roughly 250 people to sign the rear quarter panels..
Old 4 Jul 2008, 17:00 (Ref:2244059)   #24
beanbag86
Rookie

beanbag86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just for the record, if anyone is interested, this is what facebook has to say:

"Ever wanted to see your name travel at 250kms per hour? Well here's your chance! For just $AU10 you can sign your name on Matt O'Grady's Race Image V8 Supercar as he competes in round 4 of the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series.

Want something more than just a signature? Well for $AU15 you can leave a short message of support or even a special message for someone!

All you have to do is RSVP "YES" to this event, we'll send you an email with payment options, bring your receipt to the track and sign the car, and away it goes!! It couldnt be easier! And to sweeten the deal, you can get photos of the signature on the car along with Matt! You'll also go in the draw to win prizes such as team merchandise, pit tours and a Hot Lap with Matt!

Can't get to the track but still want to support the team? No problems! Just email us what you want to put on the car and we'll laser print it on for you and send you the photos!"

So what are you waiting for! Join up and support Matt today!!

I spoke to Melissa who is organising this event, and she said that if anyone from ten-tenth would like to be involved please feel free to email her at melissa_weatherhog@hotmail.com or call her on 0403 955 189, she also said that anyone who cant make it to the track but still wants to be involved from ten-tenths, is welcome to call or email and she will happily organise a digital signature and photos to be sent out.

And just for GTR, Melissa said that theyre not handing the car back with signatures all over it, they'll lay white vinyl across the panels to be signed which will come off with a hair dryer or hot air gun. She also said that she thought GTR would have been behind something like this seeing as he's such a great supporter of the sport and she'll happily carry his name or the ten-tenths logo on the car for free. And as to no driving future in sight, she said thanks for the faith in her ability GTR.

I still think its a great idea and I reckon everyone should get behind it. Its something relatively new and atleast theyre not going round trying to steal everyone else's sponsorship. Im signing up now!!
Old 7 Jul 2008, 12:15 (Ref:2246276)   #25
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See in MNews Taz Douglas is parking his 'ageing' ex Marcos Ambrose AU in favour of a Paul Morris VZ, albeit a car that was originally built by John Faulkner Racing so must be at least 6 years old.