Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:28 (Ref:360694)   #1
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV are losing it

What is it with ITV? The Hungarian coverage was the worst since they took over.

First, the so-called experts hype poor Anthony Davidson up as the next British World champion (where have we heard that one before)even before he'd started a GP, only to slate him for (in his inexperience of being lapped) being "too polite".

Then, Jardine, Blundell & Grim Rosenthal decide to miss out completely the 2 most exciting and hazardous moments of the race, namely the near misses in the pits between Salo & De la Rosa, and then between Panis and Webber.

Get your act together lads, and to all the racing press, let Anthony settle down before you judge him.
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:30 (Ref:360698)   #2
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Mark Blundell was a bit of a muppet by saying that Michael's lap record was to tell the world that he could have beaten Rubens if he wanted to. He didn't seem to mention that Rubens was cruising as well as Schummy..
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:34 (Ref:360702)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spudgun
I think Mark Blundell was a bit of a muppet by saying that Michael's lap record was to tell the world that he could have beaten Rubens if he wanted to.
He wasn't alone in saying this, John Watson (head of Sky's TGF supporters club) also made the same remark, however, you have to ask yourself, why didn't TGF overtake Rubens as he exited the pits? I'll Guarentee that if it had been anyone else, with the speed that TGF was going, he'd have been past like a shot!
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:42 (Ref:360707)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
True, but then again, Rubhino had the measure of Michael during qualifying.

I don't dispute for a moment that team tactics weren't a factor today, but had they been really going for it, I reckon Rubens could have done it off is own back.

But I suppose it's another one of those 'what if' situations..
Old 18 Aug 2002, 22:59 (Ref:360715)   #5
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What coverage were you watching? I saw both those incidents live, and Blundell was not commetating, Brundle was.

This season reminds me alot like 1988.....except back then you actually DIDN'T know who was going to win the championship, cos it was a REAL fight on the track between two team mates....
Old 18 Aug 2002, 23:08 (Ref:360719)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Blundell was talking about it in the post-race analysis...
Old 18 Aug 2002, 23:11 (Ref:360721)   #7
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andrew2001,

I'm not takling about the commentary, I mean the post race analysis, of which not a second took any notice. A similar near-miss between Irvine's Jaguar & Trulli's Jordan at Imola 2000 was given a few minutes time. It could have been 2 race stopping incidents, and all they could talk about was the fact that nothing happened between teh Ferraris.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 14:35 (Ref:361281)   #8
Total-F1
Veteran

Total-F1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suggest we all move to Germany.

The RTL coverage is wide-ranging, incisive and generally excellent. There is coverage of every session on German television, and race-day on RTL begins at 9.00 for the morning warm up, and the race coverage itself starts at 12 o'clock for a 2 o'clock start!

- even Michael Schumacher does a spot of presenting for them!