Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 May 2003, 14:09 (Ref:607883)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question over Morgan at Spa..

I was just having a think, the "Factory" Morgan Areo 8 team are contesting the Spa 24hrs, correct? Its my understanding that the FIA GT does not allow factory teams into the series, unless they have special dispensation, like the Listers. I wasnt aware that they were one of the "select" teams that the FIA had on their list. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks in advance.
Old 23 May 2003, 14:39 (Ref:607925)   #2
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Spa 24 hours isn't just an FIA round - there are invitational and national championship classes too so the Morgan could enter whether or not it was deemed a factory entry.

In any case as a small manufacturer (in the same way as Lister) they would likely not fall foul of any grey area in the rules. We may well see them out well before Spa
Old 23 May 2003, 14:49 (Ref:607934)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Graham. I was just wondering if anyone had any news as to whether the Factory TVR team will be at Spa this year? Last year Rollcentre ran a works supported Cerbera. I think they were going to race the Tuscan R origanally but decided against it because they wanted to keep it back for the British GT round.

Now the cars are racing at Le Mans, what do u think the chances of them are of them racing Spa with the Tuscan R in a factory role? Potentially its a race they could do very well in, providing the cars are reliable.
Old 23 May 2003, 15:10 (Ref:607958)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
The Rollcentre team at Spa was actually part Rollcentre / part TVR factory and at least one of the Eclipse boys

The car wasn't entered by Rollcentre but by Veryplast racing, the Cerberas new owner.

Shorty never intended to enter the Tuscan R as far as I'm aware.

I think we will see a T400R at Spa, perhaps more than one and I think they could do reasonably well - I genuinely can't see them challenging the quickest Porsches or 360s over 24 hours just yet though.
Old 23 May 2003, 15:14 (Ref:607964)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No I agree, but I think we could defintly see them mixing it in the top 10 of the NGT class machinery. Theres a lot of teams in the NGT class at Spa who have been left out of Le Mans, who should have gotten places if u ask me, top line teams. Not to mention, TMC, RWS, Freisinger, Autopalace etc.

I really hope that the Factory TVR's are there at spa this year. Will be a great race for the Brits, with them there as well as the factory Morgans. Okay they wont challenge for class wins but good to see British machinery back there. This years Spa 24hrs is going to be epic.
Old 23 May 2003, 15:17 (Ref:607973)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
The Rollcentre team at Spa was actually part Rollcentre / part TVR factory and at least one of the Eclipse boys

The car wasn't entered by Rollcentre but by Veryplast racing, the Cerberas new owner.

Shorty never intended to enter the Tuscan R as far as I'm aware.

I think we will see a T400R at Spa, perhaps more than one and I think they could do reasonably well - I genuinely can't see them challenging the quickest Porsches or 360s over 24 hours just yet though.
Your partly right about the TVR's being entered by Veryplast racing. According to the offical entry list they were entered by Veryplast/Rollcentre Racing. http://www.spa24hours.com/entry_list.html So in fact we are both right.
Old 23 May 2003, 15:29 (Ref:607996)   #7
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
I was just looking around and I found that Neil Cunningham has signed up with the works Morgan team. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1 Great news for him, hes a pretty good driver. So what are we expecting for Spa? 2 works Morgan Areo 8's?
Old 23 May 2003, 16:43 (Ref:608086)   #8
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats going to be very expensive weekend for me, how many 36 film slides do I need? 5?....10?
Old 27 May 2003, 10:44 (Ref:611297)   #9
Cobra
Racer

Cobra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
I was just looking around and I found that Neil Cunningham has signed up with the works Morgan team. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...&language_id=1 Great news for him, hes a pretty good driver. So what are we expecting for Spa? 2 works Morgan Areo 8's?
You will upset a_r_c_a ho ho ho.