Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2004, 00:42 (Ref:1143466)   #1
manwell
Racer

manwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ambrose a Ford Man till 2009

from V8 Supercars Website
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/l...nd=M&gid=13957

Ambrose and Ford extend contract
Release Date: 03/11/2004
V8 Supercar Champion Marcos Ambrose (Pirtek Racing) is to continue driving a Ford until at least the end of 2009 with the announcement of an extension to his current contract.

Ambrose, who currently holds a sizeable lead (166 points) in the 2004 V8 Supercar Championship Series, signed the contract extension today at an autograph session for his book 'The Devil Racer' and in the process confirmed his long-term commitment to Australia.

Along with his team, Stone Brothers Racing, Ambrose has led the way in Ford's revival on Australian racetracks. Ambrose has set the standard for Ford drivers in the V8 Supercar Championship Series since his debut in 2001.

Ambrose's new deal will include a role as ambassador to aspiring young racers through Formula Ford. Ambrose will work closely with the development of young drivers, in the process providing them with knowledge of the racing business on and off the track.

The long-term deal is also aimed at raising Ambrose's personal profile with an increased involvement in Ford promotions and advertising campaigns.

The V8 Supercar Champion's record on the track is impressive, with 12 overall round wins, 22 podium finishes and 15 pole positions, all from 50 starts.

“This is just what I wanted, long-term stability with a car maker who's extremely serious about winning races and championships,” said Ambrose.

“I've made many sacrifices to establish my racing career. It's very satisfying to know that all the hard work can pay off.

“There's still a lot to achieve and Ford, along with Stone Brothers Racing, will play a big part in making that happen.

“Part of that plan definitely includes another championship. We won it last year and ideally we can close out the 2004 championship at my home track at Symmons Plains outside Launceston on November 14.

“My new role with Formula Ford is a great initiative from Ford. Identifying talent isn't always easy, but my experience both in V8 Supercars as well as Formula Ford will help men help a new generation of young drivers further their careers in racing.”

Announcing the long-term deal, Australian President Tom Gorman underlined Ford's commitment to continued success on the track.

“Marcos has made his name with Ford and we wanted to make sure he stayed with us long-term,” said Gorman.

“Marcos is more than just a great race driver on the track. He is also an outstanding ambassador for our Ford Australia dealers, the fans and the next generation of drivers.

“His dedication to winning is unquestioned and his personable approach is something that we all admire”.

After three years in Europe, Ambrose burst onto the Australian scene in 2001 with pole position on debut at the Australian Grand Prix support event. From that point he's never looked back and his championship of 2003, that included six round wins, is true testimony to his outstanding ability.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 02:38 (Ref:1143502)   #2
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's good to see him sticking around in the V8's for another 5 seasons.

And I bet Ford is glad to be keeping his talents on their side.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 02:59 (Ref:1143508)   #3
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done to both Marcos and Ford....and hopefully Stone Brothers as well!
Old 3 Nov 2004, 03:30 (Ref:1143514)   #4
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent stuff, this will essentially cement him as a Ford man permenantly and pave the way for him to become the successor to Moffat and Johnson.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 06:10 (Ref:1143543)   #5
Hapul
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Hapul should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did any of us ever comtemplate Ambrose in a red car???

"So, do you just go for anything red, Russell?"
-M Skaife
Old 3 Nov 2004, 06:38 (Ref:1143550)   #6
Rick
Veteran

Madagascar
Fantasyland
Rick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, but I thought there was a chance of him going elsewhere.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1144605)   #7
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a smart time to secure a big bag of cash from ford. look at the money they are paying lowndes and bright, and ambrose has won ford the last championship as well as most likely the current championship. Lowndes hasn't done that at ford and bright hasn't done it at all. All of the current goings on in ford racing should make him in the prime position to become the highest paid ford driver of the lot!
Old 4 Nov 2004, 10:34 (Ref:1144611)   #8
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a real credit to Ford, the guy is a talent behind the wheel and I wouldn't be surprised at the end of his career if I rate him as one of the best 2 drivers that I will have seen in Oz motorsport, the other being Ian Geoghan IMHO.