Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jun 2008, 17:13 (Ref:2228711)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans 2008

Is peter hardman and Amanda stretton the only historic drivers in it - assuming she can get it back to the pits? No Gregor Fisken this year I see
Old 14 Jun 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2228714)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't know. Are they?
Old 14 Jun 2008, 17:58 (Ref:2228754)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Most of the retired F1 drivers are getting Historic by now...
Old 14 Jun 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2228765)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
I don't know. Are they?
Peter was a current driver but now races historics mostly for one owner and gives tuition - a very good driver and Amanda's father had a great collection of JR era cars and of course was then married to Martin Stetton as well as being the fitest looking driver out there today!!
Old 14 Jun 2008, 19:28 (Ref:2228801)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Lady Drivers! Her dad Terry was one of the great second hand Posh cars salesmen.His collection or what he had for sale.At the end of the90's we were on pit wall at 'Ring and the Pre 40 Race was on(none of the Pre War stuff)Our car caught fire and we could then watch the flames engulfing the car on that back straight ,He turned to us while the car was a bonfire and asked'
"Don't suppose you want to buy a replacement as have something that would be ideal for you?"
Old 14 Jun 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2228831)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AND?
Old 14 Jun 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2228833)   #7
simon drabble
Veteran

Is Amanda stretton and Bob berridge the first husband and wife driver combo to race at Le mans? And that is a great story - I hope you dealt!
Old 14 Jun 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2228931)   #8
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Terry Cohn used to arrive at race meetings, towing a trailer behind his Alfa 8C?

Surely the most exotic tow-car ever?

But i digress.....

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Lady Drivers! Her dad Terry was one of the great second hand Posh cars salesmen.His collection or what he had for sale.At the end of the90's we were on pit wall at 'Ring and the Pre 40 Race was on(none of the Pre War stuff)Our car caught fire and we could then watch the flames engulfing the car on that back straight ,He turned to us while the car was a bonfire and asked'
"Don't suppose you want to buy a replacement as have something that would be ideal for you?"
Old 15 Jun 2008, 07:13 (Ref:2229177)   #9
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they don't appear to be still running this morning. Car 19 I believe they were?
Old 15 Jun 2008, 07:36 (Ref:2229183)   #10
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
11 laps between pit stops for the Peugeot and 12 for the Audi. Is this part of the regs? Why don't they run longer?
Old 15 Jun 2008, 08:00 (Ref:2229186)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

The diesals are not allowed tanks as big as petrol cars I think its something like 80 and 90 litres. Whilst he is not a historic driver I am sure I will be forgiven for saying McNish has just done a 3 hour stint in the rain what a great driver.
So are all the historic racers now out? The french PM who is also the local Le mans MP also races a Ferrari 275 in LMC - can you imagine Gordon brown racing?!
Old 15 Jun 2008, 08:08 (Ref:2229191)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Although its nothing to do with this LMC thread the cars have fuel cap .designed around Diesel Regs.Sure if you go to the Modern Forum there will be an explanation covering 50 messages

Mrs Stretton/Burrage seemed to have steering problems and wacked the Armco about 7pm yesterday but she got it back to the Pits.Highlight it seems was a Domestic between her and Bob on Wednesday after she came of road

Yes Terry had an upmarket Pikey caravan that he would tow with any of his cars inc.Pre War.
Answer Terry.It was cheaper to rebuid a car than buy anything from Terry but he was a hell of a salesman and larger than life but not that good at PR.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 08:14 (Ref:2229192)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Coming down from the Dunlop bridge, and Amanda was pitchd into the barrier, as something seemed to lock the rear wheels last night . She got it back, after some spanner work, but it was smoking heavily crawling down Mulsanne.

Later Hugh stated they had a list of failures, not the least being engine failure.

I went to bed around 1AM BST. It was before I went to bed.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...ticles_gb.html
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2229980)   #14
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Car nr. 4 (a Pescarolo Judd LMP1) had three sometime historic racers - Marc Faggionato and Richard Hein (both from Monaco) who own(ed) Lotus 22 FJ's and Jacques Nicolet who owns/races a BRM 3 litre GP car. Jacques now owns both the Pescarolo (part owner) and Saulnier teams. They finished 25th, or thereabouts.
Marcus