Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Mar 2004, 12:35 (Ref:890015)   #1
Extra Rib
Rookie

Extra Rib should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain - how dusty

So following the preview programme - how do we reckon the teams and drivers will cope with the dust and sand on the track?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 12:43 (Ref:890026)   #2
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was quite supprised to see the mess it was in, so much for this bonding process, still might throw up a few supprises.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 13:23 (Ref:890074)   #3
Arai GP5
Racer

Arai GP5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are going to put jelly on all the sand around the circuit, aren't they? That's what Tilke has told everyone.

You lucky poms. You get a preview show. Our preview is called qualifying, and we only get to see it once a year at the AustGP.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 13:28 (Ref:890081)   #4
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Arai GP5
They are going to put jelly on all the sand around the circuit, aren't they? That's what Tilke has told everyone.

You lucky poms. You get a preview show. Our preview is called qualifying, and we only get to see it once a year at the AustGP.
That's from the self proclaimed home of motorsport.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 13:44 (Ref:890098)   #5
bahraini spirit
Rookie

bahraini spirit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my friend if bahrain strives to complete a major project like this in 18 months and before schedule, handling dust wont be a problem as much is it a problem fighting time. every construction site looks a mess and trust me thats not how the circuit will look like when its done and for race day. bahrain has put a lot of effort into organizing this and dust wont ruin it.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 13:56 (Ref:890106)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I must say that both Bahrain and China looked very impressive venues. I wish them both every success. Seriously though bahraini spirit, what will they do to combat the sand from blowing onto the track, will they erect walls around the edge of the track to give some protection or don't you envisage it being a problem in the first place?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 13:58 (Ref:890109)   #7
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but surely logic says dust WILL be a problem, and I cant believe it can be reduced to the levels you get in Aus?? unless there is a new miracle solution available on sky shopping channel

Problems as I see it:

1. Sand on hot tyres.....oops
2. Sand in side pods could cause overheating in 30 degree heat.

Any others?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:03 (Ref:890115)   #8
bahraini spirit
Rookie

well lets wait and c then but id think that the problem will be eliminated in a certain manner, whatever that may be. I dont think the officials would like the idea of not providing a good impression from the start.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:10 (Ref:890116)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Very true, but for those of who have not visited Bahrain, would it be normal to see the sand being blown about and if so, what do you think can be done to stop it?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:15 (Ref:890125)   #10
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was surprised at the lack of run off on the final left turn with what looked like a wall and a building on the right. How could that occur on a new project layout!?
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:20 (Ref:890131)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome bahraini spirit.

I just hope sand won't be a problem, or at least they can handle it.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:28 (Ref:890143)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just have only one major concern...

What about the PIT BABES ???????????
Old 1 Mar 2004, 14:58 (Ref:890169)   #13
bahraini spirit
Rookie

well about sandstorms, well in the cities u dont have em not frequent at all, in the desert maybe in some occasions, but its not like the rest of the gulf region cause they have larger deserts and more sand.

about the pit babes i can tell u there wont be any, since bahrain is an islamic country and wearing such outfits goes against religion. same goes with alcohol.

but those things aren't essential for a successful race or in other words, aren't necessities for a race to be run. i think in malaysia its the same thing, but not certain.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 15:39 (Ref:890221)   #14
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So no Champers on the rostrum then!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 16:21 (Ref:890252)   #15
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been confirmed that Champagne will definitely not be used in the post-race celebration, yes.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 16:57 (Ref:890311)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by bahraini spirit
about the pit babes i can tell u there wont be any, since bahrain is an islamic country and wearing such outfits goes against religion. same goes with alcohol.
Oh, well. I certainly respect that, and it will not spoil the fun at all.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll compensate "this" lack of feature, with tons of pit babes in our round...
Old 1 Mar 2004, 17:08 (Ref:890322)   #17
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i think in malaysia its the same thing, but not certain.
we r a multicultural nation...there are others that r not muslims who make do for pit babes n alcohol is permitted for the non muslims
Old 1 Mar 2004, 17:31 (Ref:890350)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for the dust, I was under the impression that the the track was built on a plateau which was rocky and that dunes were distant. However, there will still be pockets of dust and blown sand near the track and I understand that these are being treated chemicaly to prevent movement. Perhaps this is the "Jelly" mentioned above.

Despite the efforts to contain the sand, I think that we can expect a gritty and changing surface, much like that of Zandvoort.

As for the lack of Champers and Pit Babes, I am bereft.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:17 (Ref:890414)   #19
bahraini spirit
Rookie

jukebox, well many muslims drink alcohol when they shouldnt and for many they wouldnt mind that there is the alcohol and pit babes, but u go by the state and not a branch of people's opinions.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:26 (Ref:890425)   #20
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
...about the pit babes i can tell u there wont be any, since bahrain is an islamic country and wearing such outfits goes against religion. same goes with alcohol...
Definitely one to watch on telly then, rather than visit.

Welcome to 10Tenths bahraini spirit. From what I've seen, the circuit is a stunning venue - if it proves to be as good as Malaysia you're onto a winner!

The heat and the potential for sand and dust will be a challenge for the teams. Obviously there's not alot the organisers can do about the weather but I'm sure they've done everything possible to minimise the problems it creates.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 18:52 (Ref:890465)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm telling you, this Bahrain GP track will not be finished in time!!! No way!

I'd rather race on Shanghai in it's current state.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:04 (Ref:890487)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It will be finished in time.

Bear in mind the footage we saw yesterday is already a couple of weeks old and they're working round the clock.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:06 (Ref:890490)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I realise and respect that KB, but I still worry about it.
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:06 (Ref:890491)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
As for the lack of Champers and Pit Babes, I am bereft.
Old habits are hard to break... bring them on !!!!
Old 1 Mar 2004, 19:09 (Ref:890494)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It is a massive loss.