Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1691034)   #1
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
British viewers, rejoice!

Sorry, it's not about James Allen.

ITV will now be sponsored by Shell V-Power. All references to Swiftcover are gone from thier site. Looks like we've seen the last of the Team Chicken adverts.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37094
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:48 (Ref:1691039)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wahey! A proper sponsor!

No more talking chickens. Americans may find talking animals funny, but to us it is horrible! Rejoice indeed!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:52 (Ref:1691046)   #3
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Sorry, it's not about James Allen.

ITV will now be sponsored by Shell V-Power. All references to Swiftcover are gone from thier site. Looks like we've seen the last of the Team Chicken adverts.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37094
It wouldn't surprise me at all if we could buy rocket fuel at their pumps before long.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1691049)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

I liked the talking chickens. They talked more sense than some..
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:03 (Ref:1691052)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, even JA wasn't that bad... was he? Oh...

"you're currently 23rd in the queue" *shudder*
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:40 (Ref:1691074)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The chicken advert was very very tacky and unless im very much mistaken it was a A1 GP car on the advert which doesent really resemble a F1 car, a GP2 car or even a old F3000 car on the other hand would have been much more convincing. IMO.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 24 Aug 2006 at 21:43.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1691083)   #7
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
The chicken advert was very very tacky and unless im very much mistaken it was a A1 GP car on the advert.
It was a Jordan EJ11.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:09 (Ref:1691088)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep. The old shark liveried car.

Looks rubbish in that Swiftcover livery.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:11 (Ref:1691091)   #9
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope that doesn't mean swiftcover have disappeared completely, my car is covered with them. The only reason (apart from the fact they were the cheapest) was because they sponsored ITV-F1.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1691092)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh dear.
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1691095)   #11
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's good.

I always liked the Texaco part...which was also the intro as well...those were the days...
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:16 (Ref:1691097)   #12
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good, I'm delighted. Sorry, Swiftcover, but you've put me off considering using your company for life!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:17 (Ref:1691100)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Texaco was quite good, 97-99-ish.

But to be quite honest I'd prefer nothing at all. Forget this silly ad link, let's cut to the action!
Old 24 Aug 2006, 22:28 (Ref:1691107)   #14
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And then wait another hour for the race to start after the pre-race show.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1691143)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
The chicken advert was very very tacky and unless im very much mistaken it was a A1 GP car on the advert which doesent really resemble a F1 car, a GP2 car or even a old F3000 car on the other hand would have been much more convincing. IMO.
Hmm, if they're happy with a talking chicken, I suspect accuracy of the car appearance wasn't too high on the list of priorities.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 06:24 (Ref:1691196)   #16
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Hmm, if they're happy with a talking chicken, I suspect accuracy of the car appearance wasn't too high on the list of priorities
Of course it would have to be an Irish car!
Old 25 Aug 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1691323)   #17
Nintendo
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Nintendo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thank god. At least with Shell I hope there's some assurance that we won't have miming poultry cluttering up our screens every 20 minutes.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1691383)   #18
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer the talking chicken to the ITV 'noise' that is 3x louder than any other volume, with bimbo waving a flag and unshaven british f1 driver every time they come back from the ad break. Why do they bother? Just go straight back to the race like normal sports telecasts.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:05 (Ref:1691482)   #19
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Am I the only person who liked the team chicken adverts? And I agree with Zac, cut back to the race after the sponsorship finishes. Also, it works in the USA for IRL, SPLITSCREEN THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:08 (Ref:1691485)   #20
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can't we have the old title screens, where they showed a few overtaking moves and some crashes, rather than a scary guy in makeup and a bird of some description?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:22 (Ref:1691492)   #21
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re American TV, I don't think it is all dandy. I recall watching the Indy 500 this year - during safety car periods they cut back to the studio and showed 3 blokes sitting around chatting about it, just ignored that there were cars going around the track altogether (admittedly under yellow, but still).
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1691495)   #22
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
a scary guy in makeup
Yes DC was quite scary.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1691496)   #23
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
cut back to the race after the sponsorship finishes.
That would be good, although it wouldn't substantially increase the amount of the race that is shown, it would be be better than watching a bizarre identity sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Also, it works in the USA for IRL, SPLITSCREEN THE ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seem to remember reading somewhere a number of years ago that showing a programme over adverts isn't allowed on terrestrial TV, which given that a number of people have called for this and ITV haven't responded would suggest that there may be some truth in this. Also, I can't imagine such a move would be popular with advertisers, given that the potential would be there for a rival company's name to be shown during an advert, e.g. would be BP be happy paying for an advert and for then for a Shell logo on a Ferrari to be shown in a corner of the sreen?
Old 25 Aug 2006, 14:45 (Ref:1691502)   #24
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I seem to remember reading somewhere a number of years ago that showing a programme over adverts isn't allowed on terrestrial TV, which given that a number of people have called for this and ITV haven't responded would suggest that there may be some truth in this. Also, I can't imagine such a move would be popular with advertisers, given that the potential would be there for a rival company's name to be shown during an advert, e.g. would be BP be happy paying for an advert and for then for a Shell logo on a Ferrari to be shown in a corner of the sreen?
It works for the IRL in the USA. And it was mooted before. Also, the broadcasters wanted it for NASCAR but NASCRAP didn't like the idea.
Old 25 Aug 2006, 21:46 (Ref:1691787)   #25
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmunky
Why can't we have the old title screens, where they showed a few overtaking moves and some crashes, rather than a scary guy in makeup and a bird of some description?
The music; 'lift me up' i dislike...

Birng back teh chain by fleetwood mac. We can dream!

But the 2000-2002 intro was the best ITV one IMO...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJFLhfUpl98

Last edited by luke; 25 Aug 2006 at 21:49.