Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

View Poll Results: In the GT Racer trailer, which classic car is No. 5?
Cobra Daytona Coupe 2 6.45%
Jaguar E-Type 0 0%
Aston Martin Project 214 29 93.55%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16 Dec 2008, 13:03 (Ref:2356023)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
GT Racer and 'The Snake & The Stallion' Competition

Ten-Tenths Users, Spirit Level Film (of "C'était un Rendezvous" fame) bring you an exclusive offer on their latest DVD release GT Racer

Click image for larger version

Name:	GTRacerInlayLarge.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	430.1 KB
ID:	20733
'GT Racer: The Series' and 'Shaken & Stirred' : save £15, buy both titles for just £19.99

and if that's not enough...

COMPETITION

We are also giving away 10 copies of 'The Snake & The Stallion', hailed as the best film on the legendary Cobra/Ferrari rivalry ever made. Check out the extremely cool trailer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SandScoverWebMed.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	20734

This Double DVD set normally sells for £24.99, it includes over 90 minutes of extras (deleted scenes etc.)

To win your copy, simply watch the trailer and then answer the question at the top of this page.

In the GT Racer trailer, which classic car is No. 5?

The competition will run until 31st December 2008 and winners will be announced shortly afterwards. Note that you MUST fill in your mailing address in the "Additional Information" section of your user profile to be eligible to enter.

If you can't wait for competition winners to be announced, you can save a whopping £10 off the Snake and the Stallion DVD set using coupon code TENTENTHS (expires Dec 31st 2009).
Old 4 Jan 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2365000)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And... it's time for the winners!

Numbers were picked at random and the winners profile then checked for a mailing address, those with no mailing address were skipped over and a "replacement" winner found.

So.... the envelope please........

The winners, in alphabetical order are:

Alfaholic, brands, Dave Brand, jonbryant, mandyh000, Matt, Motorline, ScuderiaV8, slick42, TwoSheds

Congratulations folks, your addresses will be passed on to Spirit Level Film for your prizes to be sent.
Old 7 Jan 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2367066)   #3
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks to Ten Tenths and Spirit Level Film.

Received my prize yesterday. Just need to find the time to watch it now.

Old 7 Jan 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2367102)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Mine arrived yesterday.

Thanks!
Old 7 Jan 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2367165)   #5
slick42
Racer

England
Selby, North Yorkshire
slick42 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recieved yesterday, watched it last night

Was a great dvd and very interesting watch, id recommend it to anyone

Thanks
Old 7 Jan 2009, 19:49 (Ref:2367240)   #6
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mine was delivered this morning and watched this afternoon.

Thanks to all involved in this competition.

Only one problem is that entering this cost me £20 as I had to order the GT Racer/Shaken & Stired DVD set once I saw it was available
Old 20 Jan 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2375112)   #7
drivers71
Rookie

Italy
Birmingham, England
drivers71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The snake"

Well done Alfaholic, keeping the Alfa end up!
I too ordered my own copy, thinking that if I did, I was sure to win another copy - But I didn't.
After having watched it a few times, I found it a wonderful record of Shelby and his Cobras, but I can't help feeling it was a shame it was seen from just that teams perspective. The impression that the red cars were evil, in some way, didn't quite do justice to the competition the Cobras faced and eventually beat (once!). After all, competition has always been about beating the best opposition, and Ferrari were trying (and often succeeding) in beating the best, well before the Cobra existed, and long after it disappeared.
I feel the film should have been more suitably titled "The Snake".
Still, a 'not to be missed' film.
Old 23 Jan 2009, 11:42 (Ref:2377472)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd just like to say that although it was fine for the competition, that is not an original Project 214 (only 2 built - one survives). It is one of two very good replicas built. This one belongs to Wolfgang Freidrichs, who also owns the genuine 'one off' Aston Project 212. Here endeth anorak post!