Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Kart Racing

Old 4 Apr 2004, 19:01 (Ref:930030)   #1
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Green and Yellow Quatered flag

What is the point in this flag? In the book it is exactly the same as the yellow!

We used it in the practice session on saturday and it was almost like a substitute to a safety car, everyone goes round in single file at reduced speed until a green is at the start line a few laps later. I treated it like a safety car and going up to the line when i saw the gree flag (i was in 3rd place) i pulled off a re-start move i had seen in Clio racing and out accelerated the two infront to take the lead before turn one by just flooring it as soon as i saw the flag, pulling out but making sure my front wheels were not ahead of the guy infronts before the line, is that move legal? or are the rules that you must stay single file until completely over the line?
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:27 (Ref:930142)   #2
Tom Horley
Racer

Tom Horley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe you mean the BLACK and yellow quartered flag. The leader acts as a pace car and brings the field round in single file. I would imagine you have to stay in position until you cross the line.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 20:35 (Ref:930146)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you mean the Black and yellow quartered flag, then you are correct in using it as a "pace car" flag. If you are the leader then effectively you become the pace car, slowing down the pack to a reasonable speed until. You should not start racing again until you cross the line at the green flag.

Hope this helps.
Old 4 Apr 2004, 21:04 (Ref:930193)   #4
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did mean the black. At least i got the idea of a pace car right. And at least it wasn't a race otherwise i might have been excluded by the sounds of it by pulling out before the line