Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Feb 2007, 00:00 (Ref:1847642)   #1
just asking
Rookie

just asking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOLL to race, HRT still up in the air (MERGED x3)

The Toll HSV dealer team have submitted their documetation and have satisfied the TEGA requirments.

As a result, the team have been given the green light for the season opener.

HRT asked for more time, and were granted an extention. The deadline for their paperwork is today (thursday)

Old 22 Feb 2007, 00:55 (Ref:1847656)   #2
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
TEGA rquirements, what a joke.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 22 Feb 2007, 01:23 (Ref:1847667)   #3
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by just asking
The Toll HSV dealer team have submitted their documetation and have satisfied the TEGA requirments.

As a result, the team have been given the green light for the season opener.

HRT asked for more time, and were granted an extention. The deadline for their paperwork is today (thursday)

HRT want more time??? They've had over 12 months for christ sake. This has to be a joke.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 02:06 (Ref:1847682)   #4
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Something stinks down at TEGA HQ and it has nothing to do with leaking plumbing or smelly armpits.....
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:30 (Ref:1847753)   #5
cozmo888
Rookie

cozmo888 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well its 5:30 and still no news
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:34 (Ref:1847756)   #6
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't the problem that Walky owned both teams so if they're happy he doesn't own Tool what does it matter if he does own HRT?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:57 (Ref:1847768)   #7
Intrepid
Racer

New Zealand
Intrepid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HRT website is saying theyre all clear...

Im not going to get to involved in the mud slinging, im just going to say its amusing how people can claim Tom owns what without providing documentation or a credable source to back them up.

Sure there has always been some speculation over ownership of both teams, but if people dont have evidence of what they are claiming, why waste your life with petty claims...hmmmmm

My rant over, go HRT/TOLL
Old 22 Feb 2007, 07:17 (Ref:1847785)   #8
matt_015
Racer

Australia
Brisbane,Australia
matt_015 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YA!!!! yer!!!!

If hrt and toll were not cleard the v8supercar season would just be boring with out them.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 08:14 (Ref:1847822)   #9
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid
HRT website is saying theyre all clear...

Im not going to get to involved in the mud slinging, im just going to say its amusing how people can claim Tom owns what without providing documentation or a credable source to back them up.

Sure there has always been some speculation over ownership of both teams, but if people dont have evidence of what they are claiming, why waste your life with petty claims...hmmmmm

My rant over, go HRT/TOLL
The only article I can see on the HRT website that 'clears them' is this
Quote:
Mark Skaife put rumours of problems with the grouping of the HRT and Toll HSV Dealer Team this year to rest; "As is their right in the V8 Supercar Championship, TEGA investigated our team licensing agreement and have given the Holden Racing Team a clean bill of health.

TEGA Chairman Kelvin O'Reilly said while supporting documentation would need to be provided he was largely satisfied with evidence presented at the hearing.

Holden Racing Team and the Toll HSV Dealer Team are expected to perform strongly at the season opening event in Adelaide.
This is still dependent on the documentation that was meant to be presented today.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 09:58 (Ref:1847901)   #10
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
and even if documentation is presented, it still dosnt mean its all clear.
its just means the documentation has been presented

an examination of the documentation may show up further problems
Old 22 Feb 2007, 10:11 (Ref:1847905)   #11
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AHHH

This is such nonsense, Snappy Tom has was is & will be the owner of the 4 cars, and franchises, and the washed up race driver & the Chump's Daddy can say whatever they want to.

This is the biggest publicity stunt since the Tampa crisis.....

VE$A need to get some newspaper column inches away from the Melbourne F1 GP (cause they took their bat & ball) and this absolute crock is their way of gaining publicity.

Interestingly, with CH 7 not in love with MS (like CH10 were) the TV angle has been a bit different to the print media.

Roll on the "Mistake @ the Lake", sans V8's (and sans crowd):
Old 22 Feb 2007, 12:22 (Ref:1848012)   #12
bossRacing
Rookie

bossRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TOLL to race, HRT still up in the air (MERGED)

Toll racing have been cleared to race at round 1.

TEGA will determine tomorrow if the HRT team will be in next weeks race after not being supplied with the necessary paper work by todays deadline and are believed to be pressing for the teams expulsion from the championship
Old 22 Feb 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1849395)   #13
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll bet London to a brick HRT will be on the grid at Adelaide, I have absolutely no faith at all in TEGA, as they have proved they are a toothless organisation who will bend over on demand to satisfy the whim's of holden and it's motorsport sub contractors.

Prove me wrong TEGA........
Old 22 Feb 2007, 21:04 (Ref:1849407)   #14
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder what the odds are at centre bet on HRT being not allowed to race this weekend and being thrown out of the championship

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 22 Feb 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1849446)   #15
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, herein lies the problem.

Two manufacturers support the series. Don't allow HRT and Holden threaten to withdraw support. No Holden, no series.

No series, No TEGA. All it takes is for Ford and Holden to get together and establish their own series with an independent control body. Goodbye VESA.

It's a garbage business model so full of floors because it involves only two manufacturers each spending way too much on it.
Old 22 Feb 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1849447)   #16
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, I guess my point was HRT will be on the grid
Old 23 Feb 2007, 00:37 (Ref:1849518)   #17
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It sucks because it has been allowed to go on for too long already. If VESA had taken proper action at the start, maybe the 'problem' would have been sorted by now but they let the teams have time and the result is they have been made to look like fools - again......

As a Luffy fan I thought he was hard done by last year with no testing under the Brighty 'Own one team / drive for another' ruling as it must have hurt Britek being a single car team. This year, with no testing ban and two drivers they are back racing instead of taking up space but this doesnt help the career of a driver who was hung out to dry by the rules. The same rules HRT / HSV are still ignoring !!!

I dont want HRT or HSV to be banned from the Championship but there may be other ways to 'help' the teams resolve the problems - ideas like they MUST race to retain their franchise ownership but will not be awarded any Championship points until they have rectified the issues involved.

To encourage them to sort it quicker, their points 'lost' can be retrospectively given back to them up to and including the 3rd round of the Championship (if team ownership issues sorted of course) but after this they forfeit any points lost due to still not conforming and have a deadline date where they do 100% lose their franchises if they still havnt complied.

This will mean other teams will have to accept non-championship entries in the same race in the short term but HRT & HSV are either forced to work to the same rules as everyone else once and for all or accept they are the only ones to blame for refusing to play on an even playing field - Holden cannot get upset with this action as it is the teams themselves making the choices and getting themselves thrown out, not VESA....

Just a thought....
Old 23 Feb 2007, 00:55 (Ref:1849529)   #18
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE30MAN
OK, herein lies the problem.

Two manufacturers support the series. Don't allow HRT and Holden threaten to withdraw support. No Holden, no series.

No series, No TEGA. All it takes is for Ford and Holden to get together and establish their own series with an independent control body. Goodbye VESA.

It's a garbage business model so full of floors because it involves only two manufacturers each spending way too much on it.
The series doesn't need HRT and it doesn't need the parent company. All that TEGA would need to do is allow some concessions for the remaining Holden teams to become more competitve, GRM for example, and keep on racing. As I have said before, motor racing didn't stop when Ford withdrew it's support in the '70's and it was Ford that suffered because of it. Holden probably need motorsport more than motorsport need Holden. It's time for TEGA to "stand up and be counted" and stop looking so weak.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:26 (Ref:1849546)   #19
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
WILL THE REAL OWNER OF HRT PLEASE STAND UP.

With all this happening, will the real owner of HRT be brought out to the publics attention.Time will tell.

My gut feeling is that the real owner is a englishmen.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 23 Feb 2007, 01:33 (Ref:1849550)   #20
hoffy
Racer

hoffy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who's the englishman? Dont you mean a Scot (hoots mon)
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:37 (Ref:1849601)   #21
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper
Deeks is VERY narrow minded.
Im sure all the blue boys are VERY likeable
Yes, you and your mate HRT Kid are obviously very impartial fellows ...

Unlike you chaps, I put my priorities as:

1. Motorsport
2. Team / Driver support
3. Ford support

As I have explained before, if Ford teams had gang tackled (p) Rick and Lowndes had punted Mums Boy off the track at PI and been awarded the Title, I would have been just as vocal in my disgust of the tactics and decisions. It was APPALLING the way things panned out and I can tell you for a FACT that Holden senior management were just as disgusted as I (and lots of other motorsports fans) am.
That is why, dear Red Goggle boys, Holden (and any affiliated sponsors) have placed not one single advertisement celebrating (or even ACKNOWLEDGING) the "victory".

And, yes, despite losing money on them, we will keep making those T-Shirts and, believe me, Rick will see plenty of them.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:37 (Ref:1849628)   #22
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Deeks if you like motorsport in general, watch DTM or WTCC. You'll see that there are actual blatant team tactics playing out, rather than the subtle within-the-rules tactics that we have here in V8 Supercars.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 04:46 (Ref:1849631)   #23
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Deeks if you like motorsport in general, watch DTM or WTCC. You'll see that there are actual blatant team tactics playing out, rather than the subtle within-the-rules tactics that we have here in V8 Supercars.
I do watch them ... and ALMS, and F1 and WTCC and NASCAR ... and you are right. Does not excuse it, nor should it be tolerated. The officials have to show a bit of ticker and set the line in the sand - if they had had the balls to disqualify HRT/HSV at Phillip Island it would have sent the message that you flirt with sportsmanship at your peril.

Blind Freddy could see what was going on at PI (and Surfers and Tas to boot but especially at PI). I'd suggest that anything would be far more subtle than that.

Last edited by deeks6; 23 Feb 2007 at 04:50.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 05:19 (Ref:1849643)   #24
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe - if Blind Freddy had a very good imagination and an extreme partiality...

The officials are worse in those series actually. More than once there was a penalty in DTM last season for (exact quote) "Push another car" - where a driver had nose to tail contact with another car. And then, no penalties when a competitor took another clean out of the race.

Its your passion coming out saying that the team should be DQ. Thats another discussion that should be buried anyway. Back to HRT being kicked out of the championship...

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 06:49 (Ref:1849653)   #25
goosel
Rookie

Australia
goosel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase3
Todd, maybe, I have nothing against the bloke except the car he drives,

tander on the other hand is a disgrace to himself, holden and motorsport, his actions at PI last year (i.e. continously blocking craig lap after lap allowing crash to catch up, then straight face lieing about it & winging about his subsequent penalty) shows his complete lack of sportmanship and good character, and I for one despise the fool, more than any other driver(well crash is a very close second), karma will sort him out though.......

just thought you'd like to know!
And of course he is the only driver ever to do such a thing...

Yes, what a disgrace....