3 2 1.92%
2 1 0.96%
1 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 May 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2700881)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Rate the Race - Turkey 2010

The first (almost) dry race at a half-decent track. What did you think?
Old 30 May 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2700884)   #2
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7. Some good (and not so good) inter team battles.
Old 30 May 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2700885)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 30 May 2010, 13:36 (Ref:2700889)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
10 for me.

I was riveted throughout. A close battle at the front, building up the tension until it all spilled forth with two intra-team battles for the lead, one ending in tears, one ending in a McLaren 1-2.
Old 30 May 2010, 13:38 (Ref:2700894)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll join you on a 10, Super Hans.
Old 30 May 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2700903)   #6
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 good race, very interesting battles at the front.
Old 30 May 2010, 13:45 (Ref:2700904)   #7
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 30 May 2010, 13:46 (Ref:2700907)   #8
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8. You can race at a Tilke track.
Old 30 May 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2700926)   #9
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I gave it a nine, probably a bit harsh on my part because this was a terrific race. It is so rare to have a battle with four cars at the front of the field for so long and had the mclaren's closing down the red bulls when the accident occured.

From then on it was clear what would be the end result. I was glad the rain stayed off(pretty much) and a close battle that surely gives everyone hope for the year ahead
Old 30 May 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2700928)   #10
AUTOLEGEND
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
AUTOLEGEND should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
8. You can race at a Tilke track.
The one and only. He must have had on off day to do it right.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2700934)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it a 7, some good battles, but long periods of follow-my-leader.

I would love to know who is voting these things a "10", do these guys think there is no better race that can be produced?
Old 30 May 2010, 14:07 (Ref:2700941)   #12
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I was a hoidy-toidy industrialist from the Gilded Age, my monocle would have popped off. That has to be worth an 8 at least.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:10 (Ref:2700946)   #13
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave it 5. If it wasn't for those two incidents coming in quick succession, it would have made for a very processional race.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:11 (Ref:2700949)   #14
Bonanza
Racer

United Kingdom
behind you
Bonanza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9. superb race.

I never give a race a 10 out of 10, so this is the best (nearly) dry race in a while.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2700954)   #15
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I actually think the race may well have been better than what the TV director chose to show. Behind the McLaren and Red Bull fight there were bunches of cars quite close, and battles down the field, we just never saw them.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2700961)   #16
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race spoilt and burned by dirty macca tactics once more. Just like one would believe they really had too less fuel

2 ....
Old 30 May 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2700977)   #17
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9 - The race was fantastic. Finally we had some fights for the victory!
Old 30 May 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2700987)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Some great racing from most of the grid...9
Old 30 May 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2700990)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post

I would love to know who is voting these things a "10", do these guys think there is no better race that can be produced?
I was one. Of course you could have a better race, but for F1 it was almost as good as it gets, and for me personally 'Rate the Race' merits an emotional response. I enjoyed the race so much I went for 10. Perhaps if I voted tomorrow, I would say 9, but isn't sporting spectacle about excitement and emotion? And on that basis, I went for 10. It is a subjective thing.

That's my own reasoning.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2700997)   #20
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post
Race spoilt and burned by dirty macca tactics once more. Just like one would believe they really had too less fuel

2 ....
Yeah, it was terrible allowing their drivers to race like that...

Haven't watched a race all the way through for ages. Almost disappointed to find I mostly enjoyed it! At least the outcome was in doubt all the way through and it was actually possible for them to overtake.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2700998)   #21
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy77 View Post

2 ....
Yeah, whatever!

Best race so far this season; I gave it 8. Plenty of good battles, front to back. Excellent high pace at the front with 4 cars circulating closely. A lead battle between the RBRs which stuffed them and then one between the McLarens, which didn't, and a sensible holding of station for the last few laps. Race not spoilt at all; just sensibly dealt with by a team who want to win the constructors title as well as the WDC.
Old 30 May 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2701000)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me a 10 would be a race that can't be deleted from the dvr. Personally haven't seen a race yet like that but this one was up there so a 9 or 8 had to the lowest. I'm just wondering about those who would vote any lower than a 7, was that really in the lowest 50% of races all time? If it was, why do you still watch F1 other than to whine about how bad it is? Great wheel to wheel, albeit with much more control by the LH and JB, action at the front, attempted passes to feel out how Webber was racing and great battles further back when they decided to show them. Not an alltime classic race but one of the better ones of the last few years. And it had none of the 'artificial' events everyone likes to whine about like rain or sc periods.
Old 30 May 2010, 15:04 (Ref:2701006)   #23
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, quite.

Best Tilke track out there amongst the new tracks, and one of the better races of the season. Turkey has showed it can do racing. I have a good feeling about Istanbul for the future.

Going below 7 is too harsh, it was certainly not that bad a race.
I think a few people are being too harsh here. Overtaking? Yes. Couple of incidents? Yes. Team coming together, like the McLarens in 1989? Yes. Battles for the lead? Yes. Battles in midfield? Yes.
Agree totally with broadrun here.
What more can you want?
Old 30 May 2010, 15:31 (Ref:2701029)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
good "F1" track and some very hard fought and close racing throughout the field; one of the best F1 races i've seen in a while. only thing keeping it from a 10 was the fact the top two cruised to the finish with very little contest between them in the closing laps.

9 from me. good stuff, tho, and a great start to "THE RACEDAY".
Old 30 May 2010, 15:45 (Ref:2701042)   #25
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Jeez, some people are so cynical!!!

Debating whether to give it an 8 or a 9, but i'll opt for 9.

I grade it on the fact I was up off of my sofa 3 times shouting and whooping and all sorts

What a fantastic race, on a fantastic track. Bernie - THIS is how you do a new F1 track, so make sure it stays on the calendar!

And also, Mr Tilke - I hope you're making mental notes

Selby