I just deal with it when it falls off 10 21.74%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Apr 2003, 14:28 (Ref:583832)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Do you "follow" Motorsport?

I've had this a few times before... people ask me do I "follow" motorsport?... Who's leading such and such a series? Do you know who's driving for XYZ this year? and most commonly things like "So what's the power in that car? What speed will it get up to?"

So I present the following poll:
Old 29 Apr 2003, 16:59 (Ref:584022)   #2
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i only do it as i have nothing better to do, and like dressing in boiler suits
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:25 (Ref:584261)   #3
Claire
Veteran

England
Just outside Cambridge
Claire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I follow the BTCC, take a keen interest in F1 and since Darren has moved to CART I have watched the hi lights but thats about it, when it comes to what car is what,who drives it and how much power does it have, I haven't a clue (unless it's driven by one Dan Eaves!!) When I'm marshalling I enjoy the racing but couldn't tell you what half the cars are, I go by colours and numbers and sometimes I get that all wrong as well, I have a feeling it will be a very long time before I make it to the dizzy heights of Observer!!
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:30 (Ref:584270)   #4
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been able to follow it less and less since I started spending odd weekends on corners dressed like a pillock.
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:33 (Ref:584278)   #5
sss
Veteran

England
life is to short, dance naked
sss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and leaving your helmet upside down in the rain to collect water like a goldfish bowl
Old 29 Apr 2003, 20:39 (Ref:584289)   #6
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Logrence
I've been able to follow it less and less since I started spending odd weekends on corners dressed like a pillock.
...and acting like a pillock, cheers sss for reminding me...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:08 (Ref:584329)   #7
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we all do our bit for motor racing with out us there would be no racing for anyone to follow so we all look like pillocks and the world moves round
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:11 (Ref:584332)   #8
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from following the British GT series, I've gotten caught up in the Britcar series
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:28 (Ref:584350)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Afraid i can be a bit of an anorak. So, completely on thread, and on the subject of Pillocks - there once was a sprinting Pillock. One driver crashed his Pilbeam one week-end, reverted to his previous car - a Mallock - the following week-end and crashed that too. The following week he joind the undamaged front of the Pilbeam toe the lightly damaged back of the Mallock and entered it as a "Pillock MkI" History does not record whether it was any good, or even if it passed scrutineering...
Old 29 Apr 2003, 21:34 (Ref:584354)   #10
Stevespurr
Veteran

Stevespurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
a man of many skills no doubt
Old 29 Apr 2003, 22:41 (Ref:584388)   #11
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Yep - i wear my anorak with pride.

In fact the only thing I don't like/love about Motor Sport is the fact that it costs so much to be involved with.
Old 30 Apr 2003, 07:06 (Ref:584607)   #12
neilwaynesmith
Veteran

England
Tamworth, England
neilwaynesmith is a back marker
Do I/we follow Motorsport?

Spend 60-70 days a year marshalling.
Walls are covered with motorsport paintings, prints and photos of cars and drivers signed where possible.
Mantlepiece and shelves are groaning under the weight of model Alfas, Schumacher and Jeff Gordon stuff (hers) and model Cobras, rally and GT cars and Bobby Labonte stuff (mine).
Video wore out after one year of taping motorsports on telly.

No not really...
Old 30 Apr 2003, 07:18 (Ref:584627)   #13
manicmarshal
Racer

manicmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont quite reach the anorak mode like some of my friends do but i ususally know who is who in the BTCC series, includes most of the support races, watch F1 and F3 on tele (as their race meetings usually clash with btcc now) and starting to get my head round some of the 750mc championships. But havent made it to the dizzy heights of getting Motors TV yet!
Old 1 May 2003, 14:36 (Ref:586307)   #14
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i stay put and wait for motorsport to come to me! I am very poor at knowing who is moving where, same with football, it doesn't really matter though, if the racing good it doesn't matter.
Old 1 May 2003, 15:40 (Ref:586345)   #15
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Depends what you mean by follow. Championships and driver points - no. Stirring drives and nice people - yes.

So F1 - no, not at any price. Give them back a manual clutch and gear change is what I say!

Anything with a vroom in it.

Jim
Old 1 May 2003, 15:41 (Ref:586347)   #16
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Claire
I go by colours and numbers and sometimes I get that all wrong as well, I have a feeling it will be a very long time before I make it to the dizzy heights of Observer!!
What makes you think that Observers don't get it wrong......it sometimes just takes us a little longer to admit it!!
Old 1 May 2003, 15:44 (Ref:586352)   #17
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stevespurr
Without us there would be no racing for anyone to follow ...
Sorry to be a misery Stevespurr, but that cliche bugs me.....without DRIVERS there would be no racing to follow!
Old 1 May 2003, 16:51 (Ref:586432)   #18
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JimW
Depends what you mean by follow. Championships and driver points - no. Stirring drives and nice people - yes.

I think that sums it up for me too Jim.

I'll sometimes take a quick look thru the program if I get chance to see what's happening and who to look out for but that's about it.

As long as the racing's good that's all that matters for me.
Old 2 May 2003, 19:06 (Ref:587867)   #19
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may sound silly but I only ever look at the timetable and leave the details till after the meeting. Doing it this way I feel that I'm treating every competitor equally and work that particular race/practice solely on that day's performance and not the competitor's history.

Last edited by KayBee; 2 May 2003 at 19:07.