Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2002, 21:41 (Ref:231859)   #1
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barrichelo: TWO accidents at start... !?

Rubens says "I have heard some comments that the second accident was caused by the accident I had with Ralf, but I don't agree with that. It looked like a separate accident to me, with two other cars spinning and causing the big pile-up."

This seems like a sophistry to me: The drivers behind were crashing, surely, because they saw what was going on ahead and were either distracted or looking for ways to avoid the mess they anticipated finding in the first turn. Does anyone see it Rubens' way? I'm prepared to be corrected on this...
Old 9 Mar 2002, 22:01 (Ref:231868)   #2
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The second accident has been discussed in at least 2 separate threads last week, and was also mentioned in some of threads that dealt with the first accident.

As far as I know, most of us agree that Heidfeld caused the second pile-up, and most of us agree it was not his fault.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 22:27 (Ref:231878)   #3
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either way it was a big mess.
Old 9 Mar 2002, 22:41 (Ref:231890)   #4
strad
Veteran

strad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on Rubens -you whining little simp- grow up and accept your part in the crash that caused the second crash!
I never cared for Rubens anyway, but since he's become Michaels subservevant whipping boy I can't stand him, and his lack of forthrightness concerning the Australian shunt just makes me dis-like him even more.
I ask you; Wouldn't a real man stand up and say..'well I must say that while I feel it was a racing incident, I must admit that I probably played some role...I was looking over watching Michael figuring the challenge would come from him -@which point I would of course have yeilded- when I noticed Ralf had made a great start and in my effort to block him I may have slammed the door a bit on him, and maybe I did brake a little early as I lost my concentration watching my mirrors so much and all...But of course I had the right of way so in the end it was after all Ralfs fault'
HAHAHAHAHA! Well you have to admit it would be refreshing.
Old 10 Mar 2002, 02:20 (Ref:231996)   #5
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld did cause the 2nd accident - although it has to be said he was distracted by Barrichelo and Ralf's accident at the front.

As for Rubens accepting responsibility - I dont think any of us will live to see the day Barrichelo admits to one of his brain fades.

Let's just hope that this is not the start of round of accidents and incidents caused by Barrichelo as was the case last season ... around this point of time.