Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2003, 00:20 (Ref:815676)   #1
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mcnish after Jordan seat

Just seen this on Ceefax, he thinks he can do a good job for them and is eager to race again after a year testing with Renault.

Might need a few quid though....
Old 19 Dec 2003, 01:00 (Ref:815684)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 04:14 (Ref:815751)   #3
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems a little late in the game with heidfeld and joz the bozz closing in.

I'm just happy that he achieved his dream of driving in F1.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 04:36 (Ref:815760)   #4
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alan is better than Jos. If Eddie takes Jos for his money then they're on their way to becoming the next Minardi.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 06:43 (Ref:815798)   #5
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
On Eurosport there is a good interview with McNish about his Jordan links.

Quote:
Q: Jordan has been very open about needing a driver who can bring some money with them - what position does that put you in?

AM: Fortunately I have never been in the position of being asked for money from a team to drive and teams recognize what value I bring both on and off track.
(when he says 'value' he mostly refers to the B+H thingie I belive ... and of course the huge milage that he has under his belt)
Old 19 Dec 2003, 07:10 (Ref:815808)   #6
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it's a bit late for him. Jordan are already on their way to becoming the next Minardi.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:18 (Ref:815834)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
On Reuters yesterday it said the decision was going to be made once Jordans sponsors had been finalised for next year. I take this to read if B+H come up with more money and want Alan he gets the drive courtesy of B+H. Otherwise it could be down to Jos and his Trust backers who have already ruled out Minardi as they don't see the team moving off bottom place on the grid.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 08:43 (Ref:815852)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Allan - dreaming surely - sportcars with VAG more likely.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:08 (Ref:815870)   #9
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that for McNish to gain a seat at Jordan he is going to have to find a wealthy backer awfully quickly.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 09:13 (Ref:815873)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
If you look at two posts above yours you will see the possible answer!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 10:40 (Ref:815920)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12288.html

More on this, it seems Allan may have been courting Ford recently...
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:03 (Ref:815986)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Allan needs cash if he wants that seat....
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:09 (Ref:815992)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way McNish will get the seat. Heidfeld/Firman and Verstappen is almost certainly the lineup.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 12:09 (Ref:815993)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ok, he wants F1 race seat still, but what's the point in anuncompetitive car? I believe he was, maybe still is, a top talent but his chance has gone. Just wish Toyota had kept him on for another year and it would've been him, rather than Panis showing some form, probably more chance of points too! Good luck to Allan though!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 13:25 (Ref:816067)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I wish him luck too. Leaving finance aside, I firmly believe he would do a tremendous job for EJ.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 13:40 (Ref:816084)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It seems more and more that Jos will fill the remaining seat. Or Heidfeld cannot be confirmed yet ?
Old 19 Dec 2003, 13:48 (Ref:816091)   #17
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
arent there 2 Jordon seats left? i seem to have forgotten!! Mem lapse!!
Old 19 Dec 2003, 14:57 (Ref:816163)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If I remember right, Heidfeld has signed an intention to sign a contract with Jordan or something equally as ridiculous.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 16:58 (Ref:816232)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Jordan have an 'option' on Heidfeld
Old 19 Dec 2003, 17:11 (Ref:816246)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tsk tsk... an option is nothing but "wait, if we can't find anybody better it's yours..."
Old 19 Dec 2003, 17:38 (Ref:816264)   #21
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by RaceFreak
Alan is better than Jos. If Eddie takes Jos for his money then they're on their way to becoming the next Minardi.
If the seat was in an Audi R8 or antother LMP I'd agree with you, but not in F1...........
Old 19 Dec 2003, 17:40 (Ref:816267)   #22
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Tsk tsk... an option is nothing but "wait, if we can't find anybody better it's yours..."
he can get the seat as long as he finds more money than Jos or B&H can bring in(so basicly: he has very litle chance of the seat unless B&H drop their demand for a British driver)
Old 19 Dec 2003, 18:24 (Ref:816301)   #23
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's definately a better driver than Jos though. My ideal might be Heidfeld and Wilson (if they can adjust for the height difference) but Allan could do a good job if he gets the chance.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 18:29 (Ref:816311)   #24
NiceGuyEddie
Veteran

NiceGuyEddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best driver in enduranceracing is most certainly a better driver than a painfully mediocre F1driver.
Old 19 Dec 2003, 18:37 (Ref:816321)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As far as I'm concerned (Sorry in advance Steve), but McNish is a class driver who never got the breaks he should). Undoubtedly better than Jos, I'm afraid.