Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Jun 2005, 01:30 (Ref:1339602)   #1
VilleneuveTracy
Veteran

United States
New Jersey
VilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridVilleneuveTracy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Childress: my door is open for Junior

Despite DEI's relative problems this year it is not clear if Junior would have a better future with RCR. The #29 has had a good year (although two of the past three races have seen it finished mid-pack) but RCR's other two cars have struggled. DEI was much better than RCR in 2004 and 2002. In 2003 I would give RCR a slight edge because RCR's #2 car was better than DEI's #2 car.

Link

Might Junior jump ship that bears his name?

By DAVID NEWTON

The State (Columbia,S.C.)

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Richard Childress does not see Dale Earnhardt Jr. leaving Dale Earnhardt Inc., after the season, but if that happens, his door is open.
"Junior has his own deal working good at DEI, and I hope it all works out for him," said Childress, who won six Nextel Cup championship with the late Dale Earnhardt. "I think it will (work out), 'cause it's a really good organization. I also would say if he ever left there, I'd sure hope he'd come this way."

Earnhardt Jr. enters Sunday's race at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif., ranked 17th in points. The top 10 drivers are guaranteed a spot in the championship chase, and he is 133 points out of 10th. He is 103 points away from the 400-point cutoff that also could get him a shot at the title.

His season began with controversy over the decision to switch crews and cars with DEI teammate Michael Waltrip after a season in which Earnhardt won six races and finished fifth in the chase.

The controversy grew last month at Charlotte, where Steve Hmiel replaced Earnhardt crew chief Pete Rondeau with the team 11th in points, 229 behind leader Jimmie Johnson.

Since then they have fallen six spots and are 503 points behind Johnson, and rumors are swirling that Earnhardt will leave DEI after the season.

"I know what Dale Sr.'s vision and dream was with DEI," Childress said. "It was to build that operation for Dale Jr., (sister) Kelly and his family. Dale Jr. has done a great job of representing DEI and what they want to do, so it's a good deal."
Old 25 Jun 2005, 08:10 (Ref:1339704)   #2
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Jr gets enough rope...eerr, time. we might see hime in a last ditch effort with Childress running the 3 someday.
It will be for more sponsor bucks, no surprise there.

Say what you want, but I don`t think he is focused anymore. Maybe getting hot under the collar with ALMS, and Bud laying the law did the trick last year.

Sad if true. I enjoyed his races outside of his enviroment.