Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Dec 2003, 02:21 (Ref:804320)   #1
barra
Racer

barra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who owns the 05 Monaro?

I have just heard that Ross Palmer from Procar is the owner of the red Monaro that won the 24 hour, and GRM are contracted to build and run this car.
Does anyone know if there is any element of truth to this??
Does this answer why Holden are allowed to run the car??

If this is true then Procar and what it stands for stinks, we would all be kicking and screaming if Tony Cochrane was found to own SBR or HRT or had an interest financially in them, so why is it allowed to happen at Procar??
The sooner the Monaro dies, and someone runs a decent exotics style race the better, cause something seems to smell down Procar way lately.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 02:28 (Ref:804322)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross Palmer has helped finance the car but i think he has to be paid back the money when sponsorship is found.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 02:40 (Ref:804329)   #3
HRT #1
Racer

HRT #1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Who owns the 05 Monaro?

Quote:
Originally posted by barra
I have just heard that Ross Palmer from Procar is the owner of the red Monaro that won the 24 hour, and GRM are contracted to build and run this car.
Does anyone know if there is any element of truth to this??
Does this answer why Holden are allowed to run the car??

If this is true then Procar and what it stands for stinks, we would all be kicking and screaming if Tony Cochrane was found to own SBR or HRT or had an interest financially in them, so why is it allowed to happen at Procar??
The sooner the Monaro dies, and someone runs a decent exotics style race the better, cause something seems to smell down Procar way lately.
There was rumors a while back that RossP may own one but I haven't heard of anything else to substantiate those rumors. GRM have some agreement to build the cars so that's obvious why Holden can run them, as for the monaro it's here to stay and I won't be at all surprised if they were to run the AWD Coupe 4 in '05 or '06.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 03:27 (Ref:804346)   #4
Zinger
Racer

Zinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are a couple of cars in the field that Ross owns so to say the Red monaro receives special treatment is rubbish. Barra How about Ford build some thing equivalent instead of complaing about the monaro.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 03:35 (Ref:804348)   #5
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Zinger
There are a couple of cars in the field that Ross owns so to say the Red monaro receives special treatment is rubbish. Barra How about Ford build some thing equivalent instead of complaing about the monaro.
They do.... it is called a V8 supercar!!!!! This form of motorsport is not meant to be car maker's making purpose built one off race cars... If you want to see that, watch v8 supercars

The whole procar show is a joke in my view!!!

Last edited by Joe5619; 5 Dec 2003 at 03:36.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 03:47 (Ref:804356)   #6
Chucky
Veteran

Australia
Port Melbourne, Australia
Chucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"They do.... it is called a V8 supercar!!!!! This form of motorsport is not meant to be car maker's making purpose built one off race cars... If you want to see that, watch v8 supercars"

No, if you want to watch outdated technology in a family sedan facade with little or no realor relevant development, watch V8 Supercars.

"European GT Racing Aussie style" is all about building a better mouse trap and has a more direct tech route to a road car than a V8 Supercar.

"The whole procar show is a joke in my view!!!"

A clown like you would know all about jokes!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:17 (Ref:804381)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe5619
They do.... it is called a V8 supercar!!!!! This form of motorsport is not meant to be car maker's making purpose built one off race cars... If you want to see that, watch v8 supercars

The whole procar show is a joke in my view!!!
The sad thing is that V8Supercars, ie...Touring Cars, are supposed to be production based racing cars...
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:25 (Ref:804385)   #8
barra
Racer

The other thing is V8Supercars are faster then Procars Monaro!!
And Ziger, Ross Palmer has said he doesn't want any Hot rods in his field, and the engineering program like Monaro wouldn't be approved if anyone else tried to do the same, so even if Ford wanted in, Ross has already said he won't accept them.
He wanted an Aussie V the world program, hence the Monaro. He now has what he wants, and the doesn't want a Ford V Holden show.
To me that says either Holden are paying Ross heaps of money, or Ross isn't that interested in the main stream and backbone of Australian motorsport.
Here is a quote of Ross' to back it up that Ford aren't welcome in his playground with a car to match Monaro.

[I] In the futrue I see no more engineering for example what was done with the Monaro.
Even if tomorrow Ford Motor Company said they were planning a 2 door falcon Coupe a/la XA,XB,XC, Cobra hardtop,we would have to say no [I]

Last edited by barra; 5 Dec 2003 at 05:34.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:35 (Ref:804390)   #9
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross Palmer is more interested in the backbone of Australian Motorsport than Tony Cochrane ever will be, Cochrane has his elite little series and one make series so that he can milk everything dry, including permanent circuits and governments just to fill his pockets.
Ross Palmer has many different makes and is becoming more professional. You will see more makes in NC and GTP will have more factory entries. Ross P has also put his money where his mouth is, more than Tony Cochrane has ever done. This does not mean i agree with all Ross P has done but it is definatley more than TC has or is ever likely to do.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:50 (Ref:804400)   #10
Hobo high
Racer

Hobo high should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is nothing new about who owns the 05 monaro - Brock has mentioned it many, many times -no cover up - end of of story!
Old 5 Dec 2003, 05:58 (Ref:804404)   #11
barra
Racer

I don't disagree with you Pete, but why would Palmer need to loan money for Holden to build the car?? Surely Holden has more then enough money to build and race the 2 Monaro's as well as Just Car insurance.
I don't believe the promoter should have a financial interest in the cars that race in his series.
And if you are going to allow Holden to build a car like it, at least be fair about it and allow the other manafacturers the same freedoms when they want to build a car, be It Ford, Ferrari, Mitsubishi or Maserati.
You can't allow things for one and not the other, specially when you own the car that your allowing it for.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 06:01 (Ref:804408)   #12
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was fairly common knowledge. I guess seeing there was a car exactly the same before he bought one would mean it wasn't biased but it could be seen that he might stop any parity adjustments. I can't see why anyone else would bother entering nations cup to race against those things but its there call what they do with there money & if they are happy with it good for them but I don't bother watching
Old 5 Dec 2003, 08:18 (Ref:804484)   #13
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I cant see how staging race's in other country's (to the detriment of Aus spectators and tracks) is helping Australian motorsport, given the oppotunity RP would be exactly like TC, face it its a business they are in and they both want their respective business to be the best there is.
Old 5 Dec 2003, 08:37 (Ref:804499)   #14
True Believer
Racer

True Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FOR SALE: 2x BATHURST 24HR WINNING HOLDEN MONAROS

Driven only on Saturdays and Sundays by former Bathurst winners.

One is in resale red, the other in yardstick yellow.

Change in direction by manufacturer forces immediate sale and clearout of all Monaro equipment.

Priced for urgent sale.....

Contact G.Rogers C/-Garry Rogers Motorsport or R.Borrett c/- Holden Motor Sport for a private and confidential viewing
Old 5 Dec 2003, 09:24 (Ref:804523)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Both Ross Palmer and Aussie Bernie TC are
as bad as each other, as they have there own vision to stuff up Australain Motorsport with there own money grabbing scheme's
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish