Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:57 (Ref:308828)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya shows his excellence - pass of the race

Three abreast on the start/finish straight... and Montoya overtakes two cars in one move!!! Both Ralf and Kimi had to give in when the Colombian made that absolutely brrrrrrilliant move!! Definitely the gem of the race. Certainly had me up on the floor, jumping up and down and screaming. I nearly wet my pants!!!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:58 (Ref:308829)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Nice move by JPM, but I was more impressed, yet again, by the man of the race - FISI!!!!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 19:59 (Ref:308830)   #3
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats a funny thread!
Pass of the race?Puhleez.

RS and KR were both off the throttle after going over the kerb.All he did was drive past.Hardly a quality pass.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:00 (Ref:308832)   #4
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Woohoo!! Now you don't see something like that too often. All the sweeter he did his team mate AND a rival at the same time..
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:02 (Ref:308838)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, fantastic!! Thought Ralf was gonna put him in the wall for a minute!

Also Rubens move on Montoya was brilliant too!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:05 (Ref:308846)   #6
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yet another fantastic manouvere by Juan Pablo... I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME WHEN MICHAEL OVERTOOK A CAR LET ALONE TWO CARS.. The last great moves I remember was Mika on Michael, Spa 2000 & JPM on Michael 2001.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:06 (Ref:308847)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, Inigo. Fisi was also great - once again. Give that man a car worthy of his talent!!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:16 (Ref:308864)   #8
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, agreed Fisi rocks.
Another superb move by JPM. Sure he was gifted, but I cant imagine TGF going three wide in the run to the first corner...
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:17 (Ref:308868)   #9
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
... I CANT REMEMBER THE LAST TIME WHEN MICHAEL OVERTOOK A CAR LET ALONE TWO CARS..
Kinda hard to pass people when you are always in first
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:19 (Ref:308870)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya

Kinda hard to pass people when you are always in first
unless your team-mate lets you of course!
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:21 (Ref:308874)   #11
freud
Veteran

OH I FORGOT!!! I AM VERY SORRY..

Schumacher did make a brilliant overtaking manouvere... Yeah it was just spectacular.. moment before the GP finish... Yeah man!! Schumacher's brilliant overtaking manouvere on Rubens to take the Austrian GP win a few weeks ago... How can I forget that historic moment..
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:25 (Ref:308882)   #12
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You shouldnt forget it.It showed the way a real team works as they work together to achieve excellence.Unlike the Williams team,who can be expected to ruin their own races in the pit stops if their own cars dont let them down.

Ferrari work together.They are a team.Schummy and Rubeno drive for the team as a whole which is why Rubens had no problem doing what he did in Austria.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:26 (Ref:308886)   #13
Number Juan
Veteran

Tajikstan
Sussex, UK
Number Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
it was a stunning move, showed a true racer and very alert - he saw that momentary lapse by both drivers and maximised it to his advantage. very erm...Senna-esque(?) (i wasnt around when he did that sort of stuff and i would have thought he'd do that)

Here must all distrust be left;
All cowardice must here be dead
Old 9 Jun 2002, 20:39 (Ref:308912)   #14
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sato also made some really nice passes at the early stages of the race. It was nice to see some good racing after the Monaco procession. Oh Sato made a pretty good pass there to... ok, so he smacked the hell outta the wall a few laps later.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 21:56 (Ref:309013)   #15
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was impressed with what sato did today as well, he may be rubbish but the guy has balls!!! JPM did it again of cause, spotted the oppotunity and capitalized on it brilliantly. He is doing the sport a world of good at the moment.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 22:46 (Ref:309038)   #16
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM today again proved my faith in him as a real racer, not a pilot. You need to be ready to maximise on a chance like that, and react in split second. Juan again showed the enormous talent he has and for my money, as with Mr Brundle, his was the drive of the day. DC also came up trumps and congrats to him, some would say he was lucky, personally i reckon he made his own. He had nothin to lose bar a place so he fought back and did the unexpected. Hope we see more of this in F1. All in all, the best Canadian GP in years IMO.

Last edited by Alan Jones; 9 Jun 2002 at 22:47.
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:08 (Ref:309052)   #17
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher
Unlike the Williams team,who can be expected to ruin their own races in the pit stops if their own cars dont let them down.
You know why... because Williams are a professional racing team with ethics and principles. They are probably the most fair racing team on grid and hence I respect them a lot. I would say "Hats off to Frank Williams and Patrick Head".
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:14 (Ref:309056)   #18
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as he cooks-up the engine or puts the Willy on the wall, Juan can have may most dedicated admiration for his awesome manouvers........

Cheers,
RT

:0 ):
Old 9 Jun 2002, 23:40 (Ref:309072)   #19
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah!! Itwas a great move, because he simply left these two after he passed them, and don't forget JPM had a much heavier fuel load. Too bad the BMW blew up again. It would have been an interesting battle towards the end of the race.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 10 Jun 2002, 00:56 (Ref:309113)   #20
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's got 'overtaking move of the year' in the bag again.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 06:01 (Ref:309203)   #21
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM's move was certainly one of those 'right place at the right time' situations. Ralf and Kimi tripped over each other and JPM took advantage of it, passed both of them and then streaked away. Breathtaking stuff......

I still wonder if he would have passed TGF yet again? (and watch everyone leap on that simple quote)
Old 10 Jun 2002, 06:16 (Ref:309212)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
We all would have loved to have been confronted with that scenario; unfortunately, we weren't.

Valve[img]http://www.**************************/smilies/bouncy.gif[/img]
Old 10 Jun 2002, 08:50 (Ref:309300)   #23
f1_smiley
Rookie

f1_smiley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jpm's definitely got balls!
correct me if i'm mistaken but isn't it fisi's 3rd consecutive 5th place...
as for ralf....duh.... couldn't pass raiko and trulli...duh.
Old 10 Jun 2002, 08:59 (Ref:309315)   #24
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Fisi 5th in Austria, Monaco and Canada
Old 10 Jun 2002, 09:00 (Ref:309316)   #25
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by RT
As long as he cooks-up the engine or puts the Willy on the wall, Juan can have may most dedicated admiration for his awesome manouvers........

so thats how you'd rather see your driver win a race is it? why bother watching in the first place then?

Tags
jpm