Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 27 Feb 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3032050)   #1
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
NIMBY gets a thumping in court!!

Could the tide be turning?
http://www.newmarketjournal.co.uk/ne...ills_1_3566180
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3032058)   #2
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone who's 'blissfully unaware' that they've bought a house 500m from a stock car stadium doesn't deserve a penny.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:19 (Ref:3032062)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You have to say they really were rather silly - firstly to buy the place (when not motorsport fans) and second to puruse this claim in the face of the history of the area and the venue. Me, I'd be looking very carefully at the advice I received from own lawyer......
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3032065)   #4
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So how the hell did the people who live a similar distance from Croft win!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3032071)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You have to say they really were rather silly - firstly to buy the place (when not motorsport fans) and second to puruse this claim in the face of the history of the area and the venue. Me, I'd be looking very carefully at the advice I received from own lawyer......
I thought that's what you paid search fees for.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3032074)   #6
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson View Post
Well these people won the first time round and got awarded £20k, that has since been taken back and they have been ordered to pay costs so maybe in the light of this BARC may want to challenge the previous court ruling. Maybe someone should alert them to this story if they dont know already. This whole act was an ill worded attempt by the Labour goverment to stop nuisance neighbours on council estates etc having parties till 4 am in the morning. That side has failed miserably as they generally dont have the balls to persue the complaint.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3032083)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I thought that's what you paid search fees for.

Exactly....
Old 27 Feb 2012, 21:11 (Ref:3032094)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
A friend of mine bought a house and her solicitor failed to warn her of the proposed M25 widening that nearly bought it into her back garden. She waged a long campaign and got nowhere.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3032113)   #9
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's because complaints against solicitors are investigated by.... other solicitors.

Never smile at the crocodile
Old 27 Feb 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3032165)   #10
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just the sheer arrogance of saying, 'yeah so, we erm, just moved in yeah, and we didn't know you all were here with your cars and bikes yeah? So, because of that, can you all stop, just for us yeah coz we didn't know?'

That's before you even factor in the blindingly obvious - that you either knew full well, or are incredibly stupid.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 12:58 (Ref:3032397)   #11
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Clive? I used to know a bloke who investigated lawyers.
He reckoned half his cases were barking punters, and the rest were barking lawyers. He hated it.

Anyway, my Mrs. said first up, "Why didn't they do a local search?". I suspect someone 'saved' some money, and then tried it on!

So, Croft, and Castle Combe, and Donington, and Brands, here is the precedent. Go take the incomer NIMBYs to the cleaners!
Old 28 Feb 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3032408)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Dont forget to add Brands and Rockingham into that. Rockingham was a joke on noise last time I was there and the bloody place is in the middle of an industrial estate FFS. I went to Daytona in September and the place isnt miles out of town no way its in the town next door to the airport and all the racing is on open pipes and guess what the town and people address and relish the venue and probably make good money from it as well. All this putting venues out in the middle of nowhere doesnt help, maybe better to put them in towns where people are used to a bit of noise.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3032461)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Most UK circuits are old airfields, remember! They tended to be 'out of town'...
The most ridiculous noise complaint from incomers I've heard of, is at Kemble/Cotswold Airport? They've bought ex MOD houses, cheap, and now want the airport to shut down!!! It has been a working airfield for 70 odd years, these folks have lived there less than 10.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3032481)   #14
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibson View Post
From what I remember Croft was working outside its agreed planning permission !

Ian
Old 28 Feb 2012, 15:42 (Ref:3032495)   #15
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAN #51 View Post
From what I remember Croft was working outside its agreed planning permission !

Ian
from what i can remember the residents argued that since moving in the number of days that the track was used had gone up significantly...they won their case on those grounds
Old 28 Feb 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3032541)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Most UK circuits are old airfields, remember! They tended to be 'out of town'...
The most ridiculous noise complaint from incomers I've heard of, is at Kemble/Cotswold Airport? They've bought ex MOD houses, cheap, and now want the airport to shut down!!! It has been a working airfield for 70 odd years, these folks have lived there less than 10.
Crystal Palace wasnt Tim. Or Brooklands.
Old 28 Feb 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3032661)   #17
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Crystal Palace wasnt Tim. Or Brooklands.
Brooklands was one of Britains first airfields !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 29 Feb 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3032764)   #18
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
from what i can remember the residents argued that since moving in the number of days that the track was used had gone up significantly...they won their case on those grounds
From what I remember the residents got divorced from someone connected with the track and didn't get the CD collection to drown out the noise. Or something like that.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 06:51 (Ref:3032839)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Also didnt he work at the track and get sacked so there was some vindictiveness and revenge motive involved.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3032847)   #20
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Did they not realise there is nothing else worth going to Mildenhall for?
Old 29 Feb 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3032887)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that case perhaps this new ruling will help overturn any previous findings? One lives in hope!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 10:26 (Ref:3032925)   #22
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Knowing the workings of the law - "Don't hold your breath"
Whilst it's an important step forward in terms of 'precedent', it's a big step to overturn previous decisions/rulings. The important thing is the degree of 'sanity and common sense' in this case and that hopefully will stem the tide of future frivilous and vexatious claims. Here's hoping!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3032940)   #23
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
From what I remember the residents got divorced from someone connected with the track and didn't get the CD collection to drown out the noise. Or something like that.
IIRC correctly they were the parents of the circuit managers ex-wife. Any half competent lawyer would have got the case thrown out on conflict of interest grounds... It was also slightly differerent as in that case the complaint was about the use of the track during the week (track days etc). The case in Mildenhall appears to be over the existence of the track full stop.

It's still in growing problem. Thruxton and Castle Combe have well documented problems with noise issues and even Monza had someone try to put a noise abatement order on it a few tears back! There is a real need for some sort of legislation to be put in place that would give sports venues grandfather rights unless real problems can be proven and verified.
Old 29 Feb 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3032975)   #24
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
The important thing is the degree of 'sanity and common sense' in this case and that hopefully will stem the tide of future frivilous and vexatious claims. Here's hoping!
Law? Sanity? In the words of Groucho Marx, there ain't no sanity clause!
Old 29 Feb 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3032982)   #25
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
You could do worse than read one of my favourite quotes on my Facebook profile

"If you want justice - go to a brothel. If you want to get f****d - go to court"