Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Mar 2002, 14:21 (Ref:245154)   #1
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rubens - get to work!

Big job for Barrichello this weekend. Williams have got to be favourites, with strong possibilities from Mclaren and Renault. If Schumacher risks the F2002 and suffers reliability or legality problems Rubens has got a vital job on his hands to limit the damage by taking points away from the competition. Judging by the Sepang pace, he should definately have chance of a podium.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 17:12 (Ref:245239)   #2
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They will probably put Barras in the new Ferarri(if they decide to use it)and Shu will be in the older one. But you can't really judge Barras by the last race, with Shu dropin' to last, Monty and "that" penalty and of course the 2 McLarens.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 21:08 (Ref:245415)   #3
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferrari have said that Rubens has stated a preference for the old car for now, and that the new one is for Schumacher. I agree that the first two races have been hard on Rubens, and that they are not exactly representative of his season performance - but my main worry over Rubens is his ability to respond to a big occassion. When called upon to step up and do important work (like take second place in the WDC) he has been found wanting.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 22:41 (Ref:245475)   #4
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
but my main worry over Rubens is his ability to respond to a big occassion. When called upon to step up and do important work (like take second place in the WDC) he has been found wanting.
agreed there glen, monza and indy both spring to mind! for whatever reason he just couldn't do it! the other thing that must be going on in rubens mind is the statistic's of his previous races at brazil, only 2 points finishes ('94 and '99) in 9 attempts!
Old 27 Mar 2002, 22:52 (Ref:245481)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, let's just hope Barrichello can get past the first lap this year!!

Hope he at least gets a podium this year to keep the Brazilian crowd happy.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 04:04 (Ref:245625)   #6
drexel
Racer

drexel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anything, this will be the only race of the year when he can race without the pressure of having to beat his team mate 'cause of the circumstances...so i can see him putting in an impressive performance.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 04:10 (Ref:245629)   #7
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont really like Barrichelo but I always like to see a driver do well in his home grand prix. (no Im not a softy!).

I think Barrichelo has a shot at a podium as long as he doesent do something stupid and run into someone like he did last year or dodge about at the start line. If he starts and races clean, then I wish him the best.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 15:10 (Ref:245942)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like in Suzuka 2001 Barrichello is supposed to do all of that with an slower but "reliable" car. Ferrari is a joke.

Have you heard that people in Brazil is organizing a tomato celebration for Jean Todt? That would be funny
Old 28 Mar 2002, 23:21 (Ref:246299)   #9
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania
I dont really like Barrichelo but I always like to see a driver do well in his home grand prix.
I agree with both parts of that Mania.

I would'nt right off the new car though. They would'nt have Michael drive it if they did'nt think his chances were better than in the F2001.

And as for Rubino under pressure, its almost embarrassing. I think Eddie did a better job (not much though) at holding the fort when Schumacher was out.

The reality is, if Rubins was Michaels equal, and team orders are the only holding him back, then he should finish second to Michael at every race, second in the championship and win every race that Michael does'nt finish. But that does'nt happen does it?

Good luck anyway Rubins, you deserve a good showing at home for once.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 23:56 (Ref:246313)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Whre did you hear that?

Quote:
Ferrari have said that Rubens has stated a preference for the old car for now, and that the new one is for Schumacher.

Glen, where did you get this from? F1-Live has reported the opposite, and the Italian press are reporting that Rubens has theatened to quit Ferrari at the end of the year.

Quote:
Have you heard that people in Brazil is organizing a tomato celebration for Jean Todt? That would be funny

BBKing, you made that up, didn't you.

Rubens won't win in Brazil - it would be too embarrasing for Ferrari if he did, especially when they gave the new car to MSch. Actually, one would think that Ferrari would give the new car to Rubens, because that would be the best thing they could do to make people love MSch, Ferrari, and so what if Rubens blew up - he was given the better car and he was treated better than equal. Unfortunately, John Toad just cannot help himself in crushing Ruben's spirit at every opportunity.

Last edited by Valve Bounce; 29 Mar 2002 at 00:04.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 00:29 (Ref:246337)   #11
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if the car did have questionable reliability, you would have expected rubens to get the car.
something fishy is going on!!!!!!!
Old 29 Mar 2002, 00:57 (Ref:246348)   #12
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tomato thing? A Brazilian guy posted that in another forum. He said that there was going to be a huge Ferrari flag with Schumacher's name on it. The purist Brazilian tifosos thought it was too much to handle and will be launching tomatos to anyone at the evil empire team. They stated their prefered target is Toad....LOL
Old 29 Mar 2002, 02:38 (Ref:246385)   #13
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd jus add a couple of things to this thread.

Firstly, is Ferrari's possession with one real proper F2002 chassis that is good to race. Meaning..one driver has to make do with the old car. Why this is happening would be further explained later.

Secondly, is Ferrari's F2001 car performance. It has really reached the peak in terms of developement, and with Williams and Mclaren improving every race, it is barely able to keep up with them. In Malaysia, for example, Ferrari had to run an element less in the rear just to get Michael's car match Williams down the very long straights in qualifying...while Williams have the luxury to run more wing to still be as fast down the straight while having more downforce in the tighter section. This close performance kind of forced Ferrari to accelerate their plan and bring the F2002 to debut earlier... and this acceleration meant that Ferrari could only have time to construct one complete race chassis.

Michael got the F2002. Besides the shallow opinion of pure favourtism, Michael had far more experience with the new car, and as such with better technical feedback and setup ability, had greater ability to maximise the car in Brazil, a very tough track to set up the car. And with the Malaysia's 3 F2001 going to Brazil, that would mean that Barrichello has 2 F2001 to himself.

Williams had an advantage in Brazil, and thus, Ferrari really had no other options than to bring the new car and praying that it works. They really squeezed another weeks worth of testing into the previous week.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 04:03 (Ref:246406)   #14
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Re: Whre did you hear that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
Glen, where did you get this from? F1-Live has reported the opposite, and the Italian press are reporting that Rubens has theatened to quit Ferrari at the end of the year.
This is total BS Valve. As usual the media are making stories up.

Quote:
From F1Live.com
Question: Rubens, Italian newspapers wrote today that you won't any longer accept decisions like the one where Ferrari will only give the new car to Michael and you might retire after this season if this doesn't change? Can you confirm that?

Rubens Barrichello: No, I cannot confirm that. I think that sometimes there come from Brazilian papers some really bad things which then goes into the Italian press which looks as if it's the truth. It's just sad to have this type of thing. I have no problems with Ferrari, I have no problems with anything. I'm entitled to have my opinion. I sit down with Ross and Jean, we talk and by no means am I a man of no opinion. I have my opinion, I race to win and if sometimes you have to be happy and sometimes you're not happy. Right now I'm a happy man with Ferrari. It's my third year and everything is going quite OK. I'm coming to my home race. I don't have the new car but I have old the one which is competitive. It's reliable so let's go and see what it does. I have no problem with that.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 04:52 (Ref:246428)   #15
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
WREX, I didn't mean it was for real I said the Italian press were reporting teh exact opposite That's why I wanted to know where Glen got his story from.
Not that I place any credence on the Italian press. Laugh:
Old 29 Mar 2002, 07:43 (Ref:246466)   #16
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in regards to rubens interview, so much for the old car being reliable
Old 29 Mar 2002, 21:23 (Ref:246889)   #17
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by drexel
If anything, this will be the only race of the year when he can race without the pressure of having to beat his team mate 'cause of the circumstances...
i don't think that it will say anywhere in rubens contract that he's allowed to finish ahead of tgf at brazil....."cause of the circumstances"