Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Dec 2006, 06:33 (Ref:1794303)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rick's Xmas Message

With thanks to 64XM8 at conrod.com.au:
http://www.toll.com.au/V8_Supercar.html and click on the link.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 06:56 (Ref:1794308)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And a Multi Billion dollar company with a reputation to uphold lets a load of junk like that (talking about the tissue box) appear on its proprietary website?

If it was the red and yellow mob they would have made someone's voice break in a unique and interesting way
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1794311)   #3
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear sponsors, whinge whinge whinge...

What the?? What sort of christmas message is that??

What is the deal with the ford fans dig?? Not all of toll's partners/customers would be holden fans...It does not present a professional image at all.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:03 (Ref:1794312)   #4
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agree 100% GTR, I thought this might have been a gee-up but it all appears legit, I wonder how long it will stay on the Toll site?
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1794315)   #5
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a load of c**p that was by Rick Kelly, that only supports my opinion on the way this championship was won , an entirely unprofessional and unnecessary way to release some kind of statement on the matter

The tissue box picture on the botom of it is an absolute joke , whatever respect I had for Rick Kelly is now completely gone , good work HSV an Toll on supporting a ridiculous release like this , my blood is boiling
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:30 (Ref:1794320)   #6
Peddler
Racer

Australia
Camden, NSW
Peddler has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
To be honest... this doesnt suprise me at the slightest. This is the way the spin doctors of media management weave there magic. The sad fact is, i bet Rick Kelly does infact believe it.

Lets see the support for the blue-oval grow in dramatic numbers come Adelaide

Go the Datto!!!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:38 (Ref:1794325)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
had the release appeared on the HSVDT site, the company could have distanced itself from the comments.

That Mr Tratt and Ms McNutt allow this stuff to be posted on the proprietary Toll website suggests Toll is 100% behind Mr Kelly on this issue, and supports as fact the assertions, dissertations and statements made by Mr Kelly in this statement.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 07:47 (Ref:1794326)   #8
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the RK we get to see.

Never let the truth or the obvious ever be apparent in what you say, that's RK through and through.

Sorry RK doesn't appear that many of your partners are celebrating.

Move along nothing to see here.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1794337)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
funny though isnt (im a shareholder, reckon thats great)
Old 19 Dec 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1794382)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar
funny though isnt (im a shareholder, reckon thats great)
Let him stink up his own website with his own opinions...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:07 (Ref:1794425)   #11
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
geez I wish my companies christmas message was like that... Are they putting that on there x-mas cards aswell

The funny thing as I read that message I could hear his whiney high pitch voice in my head saying what I was reading
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1794427)   #12
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very Unprofessional of Toll allowing the ravings of a callow youth !

Support LINFOX !
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1794450)   #13
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys really are an enigma.

Please, let me explain my comments. Do you really believe those comments are from Rick Kelly himself, or would they have been posted on the Toll website after the comments were first brushed up by the spin doctors?

Let me just say that 99% of media releases are touched up by PR departments. That includes a lot of articles and reviews that you frequently read.

Let's take the worst case scenario and say that Rick did phrase the article in that exact manner, what is wrong with what he said. His comments were non-emotional and straight to the point.

A whinge is usually something that describes comments from a loser... but Rick actually won the championship. He's describing the incident from a winner's perspective.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:31 (Ref:1794451)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimace
Support LINFOX !
Jeez, not sure I'd go that far
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1794460)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I can not belive the codswallup I have just read, and this from our so-called National Champion. Well I think that Kid Kelly will loose more fans and respect with his so-called xmas comments.
And why can not VE$A look into these comments, like they looked into CL at Surfers.

POOR on YOU KID KELLY POOR ON YOU.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:44 (Ref:1794472)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby
You guys really are an enigma.

Please, let me explain my comments. Do you really believe those comments are from Rick Kelly himself, or would they have been posted on the Toll website after the comments were first brushed up by the spin doctors?

Let me just say that 99% of media releases are touched up by PR departments. That includes a lot of articles and reviews that you frequently read.

Let's take the worst case scenario and say that Rick did phrase the article in that exact manner, what is wrong with what he said. His comments were non-emotional and straight to the point.

A whinge is usually something that describes comments from a loser... but Rick actually won the championship. He's describing the incident from a winner's perspective.
Even if the comments are ghostwritten by Mr Pemberton's team at HMS, they are signed off by the 2006 V8Supercar champion, and offer zero warmth, offer zero explanation or even a hint that anything that went on during that weekend was not 100% kosher.

I would suggest an alternative approach which showed humility and an acceptance of consequences (maybe even a begrudging acceptance of some role in the impact of putting the other car out) would have gone over significantly better than this release as it stands.

Surely the spin merchants could have concocted something better....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:45 (Ref:1794474)   #17
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
And why can not VE$A look into these comments, like they looked into CL at Surfers.
Maybe because Craig's comments bring the sport into disrepute. Afterall, if you make any derogatory comments in any sport (AFL, NRL to name two) in relation to a judicial outcome, you either pay a hefty fine or incur suspension or both.

Craig is really saying the officials made an incorrect decision... and HSV/TWR are obviously irate with his comments, as is Rick (obviously).
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:46 (Ref:1794478)   #18
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Even if the comments are ghostwritten by Mr Pemberton's team at HMS, they are signed off by the 2006 V8Supercar champion, and offer zero warmth, offer zero explanation or even a hint that anything that went on during that weekend was not 100% kosher.

I would suggest an alternative approach which showed humility and an acceptance of consequences (maybe even a begrudging acceptance of some role in the impact of putting the other car out) would have gone over significantly better than this release as it stands.

Surely the spin merchants could have concocted something better....
GTR,

In all honesty, there is a great chance that Rick didn't even see the writeup.

Give the young guy a break!
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1794480)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So he allows people to write things in his name and doesnt read them???
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 10:52 (Ref:1794492)   #20
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
So he allows people to write things in his name and doesnt read them???
I'm not saying that... but I'm surprised that you would question the way in which 'sign-offs' are handled, as in the corporate world, most messages are actually written by administrative assistants (viz-a-viz'secretaries' in the old vernacular) on behalf of that person.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:07 (Ref:1794513)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Despite being a part of the Walkinshaw Performance/Holden Motor Sport/Holden Special Vehicles Dealer Team mafia, the driver still has to watch out for his own image, and how he is perceived by the public. He may not be part of that cosy little club forever either.

That something as interestingly controversial as this has popped out without provocation or any real need is scary... and an uncontrolled piece of media... something the management of that driver may well have second thoughts about releasing now.

Perhaps it was to be like the previous Toll Racing internal communications, for the eyes of maybe 1,500 readers inside the Toll business, and parts of their customer base. Either way, its out there now.

It confirms for many people that there may be a disconnect between the driver and the rest of the world as well.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1794515)   #22
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know how the saying goes. If you know you're in the right, then you shouldn't have to explain yourself. That's a lot of explaining...
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:11 (Ref:1794517)   #23
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pathetic is the best way to describe it. It's about time he grew up.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:16 (Ref:1794524)   #24
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cannot belive that such a thing would be published.

in my opinion rick has just proved what he is not a worthy Champ!!!!! Evan if he didint write it his name is at the end of it... there for its his opinion.

as for the tissue box.. what can be said

"I would like to see proof he had superior car speed" What race meeting was this guy at??

qualifing
Craig 1:34.5579
Rick 1:34.7200

Shoot out
Craig 1:34.6344
Rick 1:35.0851

Race 1
Craig 1:36.5800 (P4)
Rick 1:36.7995 (P5)

Race 2
Craig 1:36.5391 (P3)
Rick 1:36.3996 (P4)

WoW Rick has the car speed in one Race

Race 3
What can we say but leave it to rick "Did I tap Craig Lowndes in Race 3? Yes, I did."

If there was ever a case of bringing the sport into disrepute, I think we have just scene it with rick press release......

Last edited by wishbone; 19 Dec 2006 at 11:23.
Old 19 Dec 2006, 11:56 (Ref:1794572)   #25
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Despite being a part of the Walkinshaw Performance/Holden Motor Sport/Holden Special Vehicles Dealer Team mafia, the driver still has to watch out for his own image, and how he is perceived by the public. He may not be part of that cosy little club forever either.

That something as interestingly controversial as this has popped out without provocation or any real need is scary... and an uncontrolled piece of media... something the management of that driver may well have second thoughts about releasing now.

Perhaps it was to be like the previous Toll Racing internal communications, for the eyes of maybe 1,500 readers inside the Toll business, and parts of their customer base. Either way, its out there now.

It confirms for many people that there may be a disconnect between the driver and the rest of the world as well.
I actually believe Lowndes was behaving like a spoiled brat with his quip about his team being the "moral champions".

If Rick's comments are indeed true about Roland Dane's unproven accusations "of Rick Kelly stating that he would make sure the race would last no longer than 2 laps"... there is nothing moral about that statement...in fact it's a sign of a desperate bunch, Mr Dane.

The evidence was presented by all parties at the hearing... the data doesn't lie, nor does the video, Messrs Dane and Lowndes. I wouldn't be surprised if Lowndes gets fined for his 'immoral' comments as he has clearly overstepped the mark and taken a backhanded swipe at the officials and HSV.