Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 16 Aug 2012, 12:09 (Ref:3120680)   #1
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lease At Croft Up For Renewal

Just spotted in the Northern Saloon & Sports Car thread that the lease at Croft may be up for renewal at the end of this year. Anybody know much about this?

The suggestion is that the BARC, who currently run the place aren't to fussed about renewing. There's the usual worries about it closing but even with the restrictions I would have thought somebody would take it on.

Some on the other thread are suggesting MSVR are interested, personally I'd be surprised if they were. Although MSVR would do the circuit some good I'm not sure it would be great for rally cross as Mr P doesn't appear to be a fan. As a rally cross fan it'd be a bit of a double edged sword I suspect.

I wonder if any of the local motor clubs or the Dorans may be looking at it? From a purely selfish rally cross point of view that would seem a better out come and I suspect it would be better for the local NSSCC as well.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3120689)   #2
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Just spotted in the Northern Saloon & Sports Car thread that the lease at Croft may be up for renewal at the end of this year. Anybody know much about this?

The suggestion is that the BARC, who currently run the place aren't to fussed about renewing. There's the usual worries about it closing but even with the restrictions I would have thought somebody would take it on.

Some on the other thread are suggesting MSVR are interested, personally I'd be surprised if they were. Although MSVR would do the circuit some good I'm not sure it would be great for rally cross as Mr P doesn't appear to be a fan. As a rally cross fan it'd be a bit of a double edged sword I suspect.

I wonder if any of the local motor clubs or the Dorans may be looking at it? From a purely selfish rally cross point of view that would seem a better out come and I suspect it would be better for the local NSSCC as well.
What sort of £ are they looking and for what lease period ?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 16 Aug 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3120708)   #3
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
No idea about term or the rent, just spotted some chatter about it being up for renewal. I don't know why but I have 10 years in my head. I assume I must have read this somewhere in the past, could be completely wrong though.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3120726)   #4
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No idea about term or the rent, just spotted some chatter about it being up for renewal. I don't know why but I have 10 years in my head. I assume I must have read this somewhere in the past, could be completely wrong though.
Generally ive seen 5,7 and 10 year leases; probably talking at least 6 figures for a 5 year anyway.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 17 Aug 2012, 16:16 (Ref:3121120)   #5
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I don't know where I've seen 10 years or whether I've imagined it. I didn't think the BARC had been running the place that long though.

I'm surprised at the lack of comment on this as its possible going to be pretty key to the future of rallycross at Croft and possible the proposed CDMC series. Also has implications for rallycross in the UK with such a lack of circuits and problems at the few we have left.
Old 17 Aug 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3121140)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
I don't know where I've seen 10 years or whether I've imagined it. I didn't think the BARC had been running the place that long though.

I'm surprised at the lack of comment on this as its possible going to be pretty key to the future of rallycross at Croft and possible the proposed CDMC series. Also has implications for rallycross in the UK with such a lack of circuits and problems at the few we have left.
Look at irelands predicament we have one in the republic and nutts corner has just opened back for business with rx

Old 17 Aug 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3121170)   #7
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Very true. The rate its going over here were in danger of going the same way.
Old 17 Aug 2012, 20:04 (Ref:3121174)   #8
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when we raced at snetterton 2 weeks ago there were rumours that MSVR were looking at croft, I hope they do and invest in it, restaurant/bar, propper showers etc just like all the other msv tracks, then go to the courts and get some more noisey days as 40 is a joke!!

steve
Old 20 Aug 2012, 07:32 (Ref:3121962)   #9
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Agree MSVR would be great for the track and probably the NSSCC as well, just hope they'd would embrace rallycross. Having said that the continuation and development of Croft is the priority.
Old 20 Aug 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3122025)   #10
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by the youth View Post
when we raced at snetterton 2 weeks ago there were rumours that MSVR were looking at croft, I hope they do and invest in it, restaurant/bar, propper showers etc just like all the other msv tracks, then go to the courts and get some more noisey days as 40 is a joke!!

steve
What makes you think that going to the courts would get more days? The BARC tried that (at very great cost) and were not successful. Since then, they have been pouring money into Croft to make sure that this venue remains available for motorsport. Give them credit.

Regards

Jim
Old 28 Aug 2012, 19:22 (Ref:3126489)   #11
tgm999
Rookie

tgm999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
What makes you think that going to the courts would get more days? The BARC tried that (at very great cost) and were not successful.

Jim
Its possible as I've heard that since then the eerrrmm individual who won the case which ended up getting the days cut to 40 took the money and moved but the BARC can't risk going to the courts again.

Last edited by tgm999; 28 Aug 2012 at 19:23. Reason: spelling
Old 29 Aug 2012, 07:48 (Ref:3126731)   #12
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm999 View Post
Its possible as I've heard that since then the eerrrmm individual who won the case which ended up getting the days cut to 40 took the money and moved but the BARC can't risk going to the courts again.
You can understand why as there's a danger they could end up getting further restricted. I assume that there were no rumours flying around at Lydden last weekend about whats going on, if anything. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens over the coming months.
Old 30 Aug 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3127569)   #13
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didnt hear anything about it at Lydden but to be honest it seems that Lydden is in its own world and nothing beyond it matters or even exists which is partly why rallycross in this country has almost become a 1 circuit country.
Hopefully whoever takes on the lease is appreciative of rallycross and that it keeps its friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Old 31 Aug 2012, 04:36 (Ref:3127728)   #14
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
I didnt hear anything about it at Lydden but to be honest it seems that Lydden is in its own world and nothing beyond it matters or even exists which is partly why rallycross in this country has almost become a 1 circuit country.
Hopefully whoever takes on the lease is appreciative of rallycross and that it keeps its friendly welcoming atmosphere.
Just imagine if Lydden Expanded to Include Croft? Total domination
Stranger things have been going on!
Old 31 Aug 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3127785)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair, thats pretty much what it was like in the 80's! You had odd evenst art Cadwellm Swindon and the GP and first round at Brands, but most of it was Croft and Lydden

I dont have a problem with it, they are both proper tracks, good spectating and paddocks. No chance of getting Cadwell, Brands back and Mallory to me a total waste of time.

Without Blyton (which was a second race track anyway really) the North is suffering and you are never gonna base a national championship around Lydden, you could in the past coz you had Brands, but not anymore