Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Oct 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2050554)   #1
Barberouge
Rookie

Western Sahara
Barberouge has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Super Aguri to Fold?

I have heard from a friend that works at Super Aguri that from Monday, they are all seconded to Honda untill further notice.

Does this imply, that with no agreement on customer teams agreed with the concorde agreement, that Super Aguri and Torro Rosso won't be competing next year?

Last edited by Barberouge; 24 Oct 2007 at 19:57.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 20:09 (Ref:2050567)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If that is the case, it seems like F1 will be contested by 9 teams next year ...
Old 24 Oct 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2050644)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barberouge
I have heard from a friend that works at Super Aguri that from Monday, they are all seconded to Honda untill further notice.
Sorry for being thick, but what does "being seconded" mean?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 21:30 (Ref:2050649)   #4
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seconded means transfered (usually for a project or specific length of time)... to the Honda effort in this case.

Given the rules as I understand them, allow SA to run an identical car to Honda next year, it makes sense to "teach" the new car to all the mechanics at once in the same place. Might it simply be something like this rather than SA being folded as the thread title suggests.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 24 Oct 2007 at 21:33.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 21:31 (Ref:2050652)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bean loaned / sent to work for Honda..

Actually it's quite decent of them to do, if there is no work at SA to be done due to the uncertainty. Honda certainly needs all the help they can get!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 21:49 (Ref:2050663)   #6
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe because they produced options for the car that made them perform better than the Honda big Brothers car this season they are stealing all the technical ability back into the Honda team to try and rebuild their reputation and make a step up the pits instead of a fall?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:00 (Ref:2050670)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A very odd move if true... theres a lot happening behind closed doors in F1 at the moment and this uncertainty is not good for anyone.

It could mean that SA have realised that they cannot run in '08, which means niether can STR. So indeed it could be just 9 teams in '08. One must question F1's leadership
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:02 (Ref:2050671)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
One must question F1's leadership
If one does, one might find their tartan trousers or intellectual capacity called into question.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:11 (Ref:2050683)   #9
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 leadership seems solely concerned with extraction of as much folding stuff as is possible from every one at every opportunity
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:14 (Ref:2050689)   #10
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
If they did fold, would they become Super Origami?

I'll get me coat.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:23 (Ref:2050699)   #11
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans

I'll get me coat.

On the contrary .... Encore!
Old 24 Oct 2007, 22:30 (Ref:2050706)   #12
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely!
I giggled, again.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 23:15 (Ref:2050735)   #13
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that like the Karate bank, when they get the chop?
Old 25 Oct 2007, 00:41 (Ref:2050764)   #14
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Comedy gold!
Old 25 Oct 2007, 02:11 (Ref:2050784)   #15
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A very odd move if true... theres a lot happening behind closed doors in F1 at the moment and this uncertainty is not good for anyone.

It could mean that SA have realised that they cannot run in '08, which means niether can STR. So indeed it could be just 9 teams in '08. One must question F1's leadership
I like your words for me as well
Old 25 Oct 2007, 02:30 (Ref:2050791)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:

I hope not. It's a great shame what happens in F1, with McLaren, Ferrari, et al. It seems that trust on the series is quite damaged, and, with these terms, biggest teams lost some of their prestige in order to question smaller ones.

Would Super Aguri bound BCN GP2 entry???
Old 25 Oct 2007, 05:10 (Ref:2050826)   #17
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
not sure this is the case,,,,but

If Super Best Friends and Honda were to use the same chassis for 2008, as has been idicated, then it would actually make sense to enlist some help from SA to build that first tub/chassis.

of course, the whole customer car issue could put pay to this idea, but I'm sure I read somewhere a while back that they would use the same car
Old 25 Oct 2007, 05:15 (Ref:2050829)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe they have gone back to working on the 2002 Arrows?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 25 Oct 2007, 16:32 (Ref:2051275)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
whatever happened to Super Aguri building their own car in 2008?
the quote from Aguri Suzuki stating this goes back to Hungry, but haven't heard anything about it since.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=32410

additionally though the article also makes mention of SuperA not renewing its lease on its Brackley facilities.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2051285)   #20
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
whatever happened to Super Aguri building their own car in 2008?
the quote from Aguri Suzuki stating this goes back to Hungry, but haven't heard anything about it since.
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=32410

additionally though the article also makes mention of SuperA not renewing its lease on its Brackley facilities.
You'd think that it was specifically directed at Honda to let them run their 08 cars, because they didn't want this year's rubbish ones. "Own car" quite possibly meant "modified RA106"...
Old 25 Oct 2007, 17:01 (Ref:2051296)   #21
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It could be that Barrichello is indeed retiring, and Takuma Sato is back in at the factory team. Since Super Aguri was founded almost exclusively to keep Taku in F1, its raison d'etre is no longer there.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2051319)   #22
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Yeah, this whole customer car idea is dependant upon the premise that each car you design will be better than last years, however if in one particular year you design a total pig of a car, then your customer team is going to try and avoid that being "handed down" at all costs I would have thought.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 19:04 (Ref:2051410)   #23
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Maybe Ant can now get the Williams drive?
Old 25 Oct 2007, 19:28 (Ref:2051428)   #24
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Questions unanswered:
Can they run a customer car in 2008?
Honda pays the bills to some extent so maybe it needs them all on the Honda shop floor
SA is short of budget for the winter, the workforce can be contracted out
As mentioned earlier they will familiarise themselves with the new car
Because of the uncertainty over the legal challenge Honda is covering itself in case it can't run the second team....

Choose any or all of the above...
Old 25 Oct 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2051447)   #25
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
Maybe Ant can now get the Williams drive?
That would just be flipping excellent. A Brit in a Williams...oh yes!

I just hope that if SA do fold that he finds a drive next year as he is surely deserving of one. He's had some awful luck in races this year, but I think he's proved he's capable of doing bloody well.