Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Apr 2002, 05:06 (Ref:258667)   #1
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess who's coming to dinner?

I imagine we all have fairly clear -- though potentially completely erroneous -- impressions as to the character of various drivers. So I thought it might be interesting to ask, if you were going to sit down to dinner with one of the current crop of drivers (to talk, not simply to discover what he'd eat!), who would it be, and why?

I have my own ideas on this subject, but I'll reserve them until others have -- maybe -- suggested a preference. I hope this will not resolve into a "who's your favourite driver/team?" thread, because, let's face it, that's pretty much been done to death...

Here's hoping for a great qualifying session, and a good race.

best,
Bibendum
Old 13 Apr 2002, 05:38 (Ref:258673)   #2
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
For a start, I wouldn't invite a vegetarian. I'd probably find out which driver likes hot food, good Australian red wine, hot spicy shrimp, blue cheese with pre-dinner snacks, and likes Rugby Union.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 05:59 (Ref:258680)   #3
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hakkinen. He's supposedly an absolute riot away from the camera, and that is what I need at a dinner table - some good laughs.

If not, then Webber, he is the archtypal Australian lad. Quick with a witty line, but also your typical laid-back Aussie battler!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 06:20 (Ref:258694)   #4
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Yeah!! I think I'd invite the Webbster.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 08:07 (Ref:258715)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i'd like to invite damon hill, tgf and jpm! that would be so much fun i think! and eddie as well, providing he brought some of his lady friends along!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:13 (Ref:258734)   #6
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm, I think most people know who I would invite, though I'm not sure it would be the meal that would be on my mind
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:13 (Ref:258735)   #7
calais
Veteran

calais should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd invite DC and yoong
have you seen their girlfriends?????????
especially yoong's!!!
i'd also invite TFG to act as the butler.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:21 (Ref:258740)   #8
bart_jacobs
Racer

bart_jacobs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I ould invite Yoong,Button,Jarno Trulli and Fisichella the last three are great personality's I think and I would invite Yoong to cook cause I like asian food.And because i like him as a driver :-)
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:23 (Ref:258742)   #9
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by calais
have you seen their girlfriends?????????
especially yoong's!!!
Couldn't agree more. Yoong is certainly a lucky, lucky man.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 09:58 (Ref:258764)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I too would like to invite Damon Hill and to hear him talk about his life as a young child travelling with Betty and graham. I would also like to hear his views on the real situation between himself and Mickey the Shoe during the two or three years they duelled for the WDC. Damon has always been a good person to listen to when he does give interviews. I guess his views on Eddie Jordan would also make good dinner party chat?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:04 (Ref:258765)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
damon was always very funny to listen too, aswell as being a very intelligent man! i'll always remember, after the wdc was decieded in '94, the following morning, when he saw tgf, he heartily congratulated the new champ by simply saying "congratulations you bugger!" i can just imagine it!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:17 (Ref:258780)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think probably Keke Rosberg, Gerhard Berger and Eddie Irvine.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:22 (Ref:258790)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for that Mr V. I wonder just how much the press hyped the 'anymosity' between Damon and Michael, after all it made good press didn't it?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 10:31 (Ref:258794)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
your right stephen, after all, it sells papers and mags doesn't it! although, obviously though, there was a certain of "dislike" between them, remember after spa '95? nevermind...it's all history now, but if i could just have that 1 oppertunity to get them back together again, and throw jpm in for good measure...........fantastic!!
Old 13 Apr 2002, 11:36 (Ref:258813)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've always really liked Hill, and Hakkinen-but as this is a question about the CURRENT crop, I'd consider Frentzen who is a little nutty or the very charming DC and Fisi.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 11:41 (Ref:258815)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Current. Ohh,Ok.

Then I'd join EEROS at the table with HHF, DC and Fisi. And bring Eddie to get the drinks.
Old 13 Apr 2002, 11:44 (Ref:258818)   #17
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
I think probably Keke Rosberg, Gerhard Berger and Eddie Irvine.
Not Ralf????:confused:
Old 13 Apr 2002, 12:29 (Ref:258854)   #18
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it would be Damon Hill, JV and HHF....hear of the jokes that Damon and JV pulled to each other....and HHF is a off the wall.....And to finaly know all that happend when they where team mates at Williams and Jordan

Great post by the way.....
Old 13 Apr 2002, 14:39 (Ref:259009)   #19
Suzy
Retired
Veteran

Suzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen: the press totally overhyped Michael vs Damon and I have plenty of stories to tell you about it.

I'd invite Mika (I say he's still a current driver ) for dinner as he is a riot away from the cameras. I'd also invite Michael (that way I could guarantee no trouble at the dinner table as they are both friends) and Allan McNish, Olivier Panis and Jenson Button. Somehow, I sense I need to go and buy a bigger table...
Old 13 Apr 2002, 16:09 (Ref:259104)   #20
Bibendum
Racer

Bibendum should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with EERO and AMoffat -- Frentzen, DC and Fisi sound like people it'd be fun to hang out with. I do like the idea of Eddie I taking care of drinks...and Eddie J, perhaps, doing music (at a suitable distance).

Since some people reached back a little -- and why not? -- I would also add Mika Hakkinen; I've always felt that even his on-screen sense of humour was much underestimated.

Thanks for interesting responses! (& thanks mariov)
Old 13 Apr 2002, 16:29 (Ref:259126)   #21
SilverElise
Rookie

SilverElise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Definitely Irvine. Irvine, a load of beer, some live music and some even livelier wimmin.