Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 19 Jul 2009, 20:11 (Ref:2504343)   #1
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic 'live' on Motors TV

.....let's hope they make a better job of it than last year.
Old 21 Jul 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2505243)   #2
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see it live last year, as I was there, but from the highlights there didn't seem to be much wrong with it.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 13:19 (Ref:2506065)   #3
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What exactly was wrong with last year?

They showed pretty much everything live and during the lull in action on Saturday evening they even replayed stuff from earlier in the day for those who wanted a lie-in in the morning

There was informed and passionate commentary from the team too, and they even snuck Murray in, what more could you want?

I hope they're as committed this year because, as we all know, Motors aren't exactly in the same place they were 12 months ago, live coverage wise....
Old 22 Jul 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2506173)   #4
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Goodness, I thought the commentary in particularly was awful. Half the time they didn't know what cars and drivers they were supposed to be talking about.
Old 22 Jul 2009, 17:36 (Ref:2506224)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are you interested in seeing classic cars or listening to someone prattling on about them, if the latter then the radio is a good place to start.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2509304)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched a fair bit over the weekend, not hugely impressed by the commentary.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2509337)   #7
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Oh dear, really? That was my main bugbear from last year actually.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2509355)   #8
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I only saw coverage on Saturday as I was at Mallory Park on Sunday. A number of different commentators were used, and the likes of Ian Titchmarsh and Marcus Pye came across as knowledgeable as you would expect them to be.

It did sound rather as if someone just put them in a booth and let them get on with it (which wouldn't surprise me), and that meant that some errors crept in that weren't corrected e.g. Titch and Andrew Marriott pondering over race length/pit stop strategy for a race which, as far as I could tell, was always scheduled to be for 30 minutes and not include pit stops. Also, the provision of more background car and driver information would have been of benefit in particular to those commentators that don't regularly follow the scene.

I think the bulk of the team did the best job that they could reasonably be expected to do in the circumstances.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 20:37 (Ref:2509470)   #9
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's better than it not being on at all though surely??
Old 27 Jul 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2509559)   #10
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, and I wouldn't suggest otherwise.
Old 3 Aug 2009, 12:46 (Ref:2514563)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nor me, in the end I treated it a bit like the cricket - turned the commentary off, when I wasn't impressed. Have to say that ian is right some were good particularly John Hindhaugh but others well..........
Old 24 Aug 2009, 11:06 (Ref:2527204)   #12
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow!

I had the chance to watch highlights of the various races run over the Classic weekend on Motors TV last week and I must say, I absolutely enjoyed the action. Fantastic stuff. I loved the Brabham and Cooper trophy races as well as the Moss Trophy race. Some of the action replays of three wheeling Coopers was simply breathtaking.

I regret not making it to the meeting now. The last time I was there was in 2006 and I will never forget the site a certain Cortina being drifted around Woodcote.

I will try and make it to the Oulton Park Gold Cup to get my fix of historic racing.