Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 Feb 2004, 09:54 (Ref:866904)   #1
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today I did the impossible

(Well - according to CAMS that is...)

Yes - today - I was provided a FULL copy of the AASA insurance policy - I was alloweed to look at it, pick it up, glance, read it (I didn't have my photocopier with me unfortunately!) - whatever I basically wanted to do with it.

And how did I manage this unbelieveable task?

Simple - it was offered to me - I didn't have to threaten anyone, I didn't have to beg - I was simply asked 'If I wanted to see it'

And no - i wasn't even at Winton to see the policy - I was there timing a sprint meeting and, during the lunch break, discussing things that, believe it or not, had absolutely nothing to do with CAMS, AASA, politics, fighting, insurance or anything similar...

It is amazing, really, how you can get a groupd of people who can actually ask something like this.

CAMS - are you listening? Do I hear an offer being made????
Old 8 Feb 2004, 09:56 (Ref:866906)   #2
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what is the crux of what you read
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:01 (Ref:866909)   #3
RaceTime
Veteran

Basically what we have already been told - however the point I was making, is that contrary to CAMS media releases, statements by the President and their CEO - the policy IS available to be seen and looked over.

There are, however, some differences with the supposed CAMS cover which, as you will have read, are currently being checked / confirmed before CAMS is asked, once again, to 'please explain' (particularly in relation to Personal Accident Insurance for officials...)
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:24 (Ref:866924)   #4
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like RaceTime I too was at Winton (not for racing I had some vehicle maintainence to do up there)and while dropping off the keys I'd borrowed was asked if like RaceTime I'd like to view the insurance document.

Considering the time of day it was and having a 2 hour drive home I declined the offer but was handed the folder that is the insurance document so that at some day in the future I could say I've actually touched it.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:33 (Ref:866927)   #5
RaceTime
Veteran

I can vouch for PVDA being at Winton - and not for racing.

He had this kind of glazed look about him - he was drooling and get mumbling something about 'beer - where's the beer' - or at least, that's what I thought he was saying!

I must admit Heather had a worried look on her face after she came back in - although unlike PVDA, she was mumbling something about being touched up, not the folde being touched (or was it that Paul is touched - I'm not really sure now!)

Seriously Paul - good to catch up again - been quite a while....
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:44 (Ref:866934)   #6
Matt H
Veteran

Matt H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Racetime, u sure it wasnt pvda the one being touched up ?????
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:47 (Ref:866936)   #7
RaceTime
Veteran

- my lips are sealed!
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:50 (Ref:866937)   #8
Matt H
Veteran

was it you rt ????
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:53 (Ref:866940)   #9
RaceTime
Veteran

Shhh! I have to admit, the heat at Winton today was coming from everywhere!

Now - at the count of 3, you will be returned to reality - 1, 2, 3 -Boom!
Old 8 Feb 2004, 10:56 (Ref:866942)   #10
Matt H
Veteran

yup im just clikcing my heels three times and ill return to kansas
Old 8 Feb 2004, 21:19 (Ref:867435)   #11
Big Trev
Racer

Big Trev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It certainly was warm up this way over the weekend. I was at Winton on Saturday. Bloody Hell!!

And yes, as I have posted before I too was offered a look at the policy doucments. I handled them looked at them, and that was a fair while ago.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 21:58 (Ref:867473)   #12
Hound
Rookie

Hound should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I have seen the Policy as well. I did not have to keep requesting the circuit to see the policy, there was no hesitation in letting me view it. I was told that the AASA Policy is available to be sighted at each of its member circuits running events. AASA has been actively running events for about 7 months and has made its policy available to be looked at by those groups and persons who use their circuits - CAMS have just celebrated 50 years and we, the car club & members who are supposed to be covered under their insurance, are still waiting to see theirs.

Do CAMS have something to hide?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 10:18 (Ref:868006)   #13
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beer, Me

You must have had a touch of the sun and suffering from heat stroke during the short walk from the timing room up to the admin building RT.

I don't need to drink beer with Trev and several others helping to keep the national average up without me touching the stuff.

To go off topic.

On past events where the Wrex's slower in the heat than normal? (note for other the WRX club was running at Winton on Sunday).

And for those wondering I spent most of my time with my head (and hands) under a HQ ute sorting out some electrical cabling for the flashing lights fitted to it.

And yes it was good to bump into you too RT. You play "officials" photographer at the AGP this year?
Old 9 Feb 2004, 10:29 (Ref:868024)   #14
RaceTime
Veteran

Paul - Yes the WREXes were slower - they were concerned about the heat (forecast to get to 40 or 41 at Winton and I think it reached it easily! They finished their runs at around 3:45 - about an hour earlier than normail - so guess the heat was getting to them.

And just a point for me to clarify re the Insurance (before anyone from CAMS starts to jump up and down again)....why did I mention this?

Obviously, as Hound says, each track has a copy of the oplicy. The problem with the CAMS policy is that the tracks do NOT have it for display or for anyone to read - and this is where the philosophy between CAMS and AASA starts - CAMS (if they send the policy at all) seems to stay hidden - the AASA policy is available, at all times, at the tracks.

AGP - At this stage yes - apparently, talking to Peter Nelson, there are sum that believe I am going to go to the AGP printing the sort of things I write here and on other forums. They obviously don;t know me very well - I have a job I have been asked to do at the GP, and that is what I am going to do and, hopefully, do it better than last year (btw I can warn the scrutineers that I am going to pick on them - maybe pick on the flaggies next year ). I enjoyed the gazette last year - it was a ball and I got to meet a hell of a lot of officials - not many knew me to start with - but most did by Sunday

Whether I have a camera - not sure - would like to (I have a few ideas for pictorial stories from the GP) - this depends on what access I can 'obtain' and also depends on whether Lynne H will be here (as no one has heard from her for about 2-3 months!!)
Old 9 Feb 2004, 11:03 (Ref:868058)   #15
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
I like the fact that you where bailled up by an official (obviously not someone who knew you) for using a camera while "on duty" in the moat with an officials tabard on (the moat is the area between the concrete wall and the spectator fence, makes you wonder what we officials are considering what used to float around in the moats of old castles).
Old 9 Feb 2004, 12:12 (Ref:868121)   #16
RaceTime
Veteran

I gather you know what that was all about?

I only got bailed up because I had just taken a pic of a flaggie leaning through the hole taking a picture of the F1's on the track at that time!

So in the long run, it actually backfired for the guy

Errrr flotsom?