Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1427885)   #1
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
BJR

I have just heard that BOC aare not going to renew their sponsorship of BJR next year.

Word is that Kleenex are wanting to promote their new Tear buster product and that BJR will get them the most air time on TV.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:30 (Ref:1427891)   #2
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's not really funny Plonkey... I think your literally on your own there.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1427894)   #3
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So why is this thread titled DJR? Mods close this one please.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1427896)   #4
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Not funny, and the thread is entitled DJR?
Methinks Plonkey is a plonker and prob drank too much plonk.. bed time little boy.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1427901)   #5
plonkey
Racer

plonkey has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sorry It should have been BJR.

I do feel for Brad Jones, as I do for other drivers who were taken out by the errors of others, but I think that he should know the ups and downs of motor racing enough by now to not need to have a cry when things dont go as he planned.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1427926)   #6
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a waste of bandwidth it was loading this thread....
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:24 (Ref:1427963)   #7
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plonkey, I think that is a really horrible thing to say. Bathurst can make or break a team, as far as sponsorship goes. Everyone wants to win it, including the drivers, team members, sponsors, its the most important race of the year. Brad Jones has been trying to win the race for a long time, and obviously it means a lot to him. The whole weekend had been rough for that team, and that first lap crash where he was a victim of other peoples madness obviously hit him hard. I don't even want to think about the stress heaped on someone like Brad, which is that much worse when you're having a rough time, and I completely understand why he broke down. To bag him for it stinks. He's not a robot. Quit being such a caveman.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:48 (Ref:1427985)   #8
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Plonkey is from the red side
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1427996)   #9
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the way that Brad bagged the other drivers for trying too hard on the first lap and then he said that he had passed eight cars already.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 08:58 (Ref:1428004)   #10
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe that BJ tagged any other cars whilst making his moves.....
Old 9 Oct 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1428103)   #11
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He seemed to get tagged once!
Old 9 Oct 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1428170)   #12
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guess you shouldn't cry if you win then. Eh plonker.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 11:17 (Ref:1428202)   #13
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
Plonkey is from the red side
aren't they all?
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1428300)   #14
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it just me, or was there a severe lack of " Kim Jones action" on the teev this Bathurst.

I'm wondering if the Team BOC fines budget has been halved in 2005, so Ch Serious are only allowed to talk to Bradley.

Or has Kim has decided that he needs to be a responsible Team Owner, especially now his son is racing in the main series.

"Few of the Sins of the Father, are visited upon the son............"
But not in V8 Supercars.

here endeth the lesson
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1428306)   #15
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't beleive they (CH 10) had too many reasons to call on the BOC guys.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1428325)   #16
^temuchin^
Rookie

^temuchin^ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brad is a great guy and a great competitor, I think he had every reason to cry.

Remember the big spill on the grid, what was it late 80's (when they reviewed it with Eltons Sad Songs playing) they showed one driver crying onto his boot. He bought his drive that year but still had every reason to cry.

I reckon if one of the NRL players in the GF last week got sent off in the first 5 minutes they would have cried, Bathurst like a footy Grand Final is what the competitors strive for all year.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1428366)   #17
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fair dinkum you blokes are unbelievable. The stress these guys are under probably makes your empty esky look a little silly. Sometimes you should sleep off your hangovers before opening you mouth.
Old 9 Oct 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1428391)   #18
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally agree with ^temuchin^ & sizzle, just shows he is human.
Poor guy, what a let down, not even his fault.

Hey I get upset if my race car breaks down & we only have 10 lap races
Old 10 Oct 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1428893)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris 1100
I like the way that Brad bagged the other drivers for trying too hard on the first lap and then he said that he had passed eight cars already.
Yeah, I cracked up at that!

BJ: I can't believe that people were racing on the first lap. This is a 1000km race! What were they thinking!? I just cannot believe guys were going into a corner racing like that on the first lap of a 1000km race!!!

RUST: How was your race looking?

BJ: Pretty good. I passed eight cars on the first lap .......

Or words to that effect

It was a cruel blow and I felt for Brad - but BJR wasn't the only team to lose out. Ritter is fighting tooth and nail to keep a seat in the main game - and being taken out on the first lap doesn't exactly give him the best chance to do that.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 05:57 (Ref:1429101)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Laugh at Mr Jones all you like... despite the incident of the first lap, the BOC team put their #21 car back on the track, and flogged the life out of it to finish the race.

They didnt give up, and we should applaud Team BOC for that.

Their 2nd car did very well too, in 7th place with Mr Cleland and Mr Brede at the wheel... not without incident either (Mr D'Alberto punting Mr Brede into the sand, then some over excited officialdom deciding the rear bumper was suddenly dangerous after being in that state for most of the race....)

I dont think the team got great coverage this year, with either car... but they held their heads high, and kept punting a well out of contention car as if it was leading the race!

Top effort!
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Oct 2005, 06:21 (Ref:1429115)   #21
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No, they went largely unnoticed... sadly too, as it's always great to watch Brad and John on the mountain...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1429142)   #22
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, forgot to mention Car 12. And after their Thursday dramas and the D'Alberto incident it was a tremendous result.

Not laughing at Bradley himself - just the contradiction of his comments.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for the Jones clan and the way they operate Team BOC.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1429301)   #23
RS500
Veteran

Australia
Australia
RS500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was aweful seeing brad in that state as you can see how much this race means to him when he talks about it. I also felt sorry for the team this year as everything they did didn't work for them. they finally got some speed out of it after qualifying and then to be ruined before the end of lap one! you can't tell me that murph wouldn't be upset if that happened to him.

Dale and John had an excelent race and i was pleased to see the team get something out of the race even though it wasn't quite the result they were after.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:34 (Ref:1429319)   #24
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah it would be heartache feel really sorry for Brad Jones and especially Seto. Would'nt it be great to pair them together and then they actually won! One would wish it could happen.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1429362)   #25
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was sobbing with Bradlee. It is heart breaking for a man who spent so much, working his butt off so he can be in the V8's and for his cars to both crash heavily on the weekend and Brad to put the car back in the pits on the first lap was so sad. He is a hard working and decent bloke and a nice big hearted man and he didn't deserve that streak of bad luck. Anyway for me, time to put away the HRT gear and put on the Team BOC gear and hopefully John and Brad can get strong finishes at the indy.