Giancarlo Fisichella 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 14 13.21%
Jenson Button 7 6.60%
Other (please specify) 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jul 2007, 13:32 (Ref:1951298)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race - French GP

Who's it to be?

Kimi - the winner. At last!

Massa - pretty flawless afternoon overall, but for two laps that cost him.

Hamilton - got the maximum really.

Kubica - comeback king.

Heidfeld - strong day.

Fisichella - not bad at all.

Alonso - a hard working (if slightly scrappy) day for little reward. Deserved more.

Button - Honda have a point!

Or did someone else catch your eye?

I vote for Jenson.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1951307)   #2
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Had to go with Kimi, though I consider Fisi and Kubica to have been outstanding.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 13:40 (Ref:1951320)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kubica for me. Beat Heidfeld on his return. Solid race.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1951332)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for me, a close second for Lewis, was flawless throughout the race - again!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 13:56 (Ref:1951338)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Jenson for me.

Honourary mention to Alonso for that pass on Nick alone.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1951363)   #6
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for me, even though he did have the better car, but he finally did what everyone expects of him - to be super quick when it counts. I really willed him to win this race (which is a rarity for me with Kimi!!) because I reckon he deserves a bit of luck now, and shut the citics up when he's a lot better than everyone was giving him credit for this season.

Massa, well I think the best man won today (Kimi), but what a drive from him from quali and the race...flawless again. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but if it comes down to him and Lewis for the championship, I would really prefer the Ferrari to win it as I think Massa deserves it for the way he's improved from last year to drive almost flawlessly (minus the blip in malaysia), and dilligently even when the Ferrari wasn't doing well.

Lewis, well the strategy didn't work in his favour, but he wasn't quite as hot today. Still, good to get 8 podiums in a row...wonder when that bubble will burst.

Kubica, excellect, but it was just about holding onto 4th place rather than gaining, so as much as I'm impressed by him stepping into the car after the crash and getting his best result, thats about it.

Heidfeld, impressive of him to come back out in front of Alonso which I didn't expect, and a good defence...but not quite on the same level of Kubica today...he just seemed to make the best of a good strategy compared to Renault.

Fisi, well I reckon we would have seen 2 renaults in the top 8 anyhow if trulli hadn't clipped heikki, so impressive of Renault of the progress but nothing stunning for me where they were expected to do as well as BMW.

Alonso...well...hmm...I think he deserved more than 7th place. The number of bold moves he made today (and I don't think it was necessarily scrappy as it was "aggressive", except that one mistake when he almost went onto the gravel without cause), and I would have made him driver of tha day if he managed to hold onto 5th place. In the end it was starting on that fuel load that ruined it all from lap 1, even if they did try salvage it by putting him on a 2-stopper. Shame for him...I sincerely hope gets the better luck of them in silverstone, as he had rotten luck in canada as well with the safety car.

big shout to jenson as he did a stirling job to keep it within reach of points all race. I hope its the beginning of a good second half of the season for Honda like last year. Again, he comes a close second for driver of the day considering how bad the honda has been.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:39 (Ref:1951382)   #7
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for me. Beat a very quick teamate heads up.
Honorary mention to Heidfeld and Alonso for most entertaining racing.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:42 (Ref:1951385)   #8
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I may be biased, but I'll go for Jenson. I thought Alonso was spectacular too.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:44 (Ref:1951387)   #9
Heebeegeetee
Veteran

Heebeegeetee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've gone for Fernando for being the most entertaining by far.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 14:53 (Ref:1951401)   #10
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kubica for me.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:02 (Ref:1951414)   #11
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fernando for me.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:24 (Ref:1951438)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica, Nick or Fisi... Tossing a three faced coin... Nick.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 15:32 (Ref:1951450)   #13
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for Kimi, but Sutil did good as well, he started from the pits in the spare car, managed to overtake Albers and was more than 5 seconds ahead of him at the pitstop(maybe that's why Albers lost his cool).
Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:04 (Ref:1951487)   #14
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kubica. great comeback after huge crash.
alonso was entertaining, but gaining just 3 positions with that car doesn't justify my vote...
Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:13 (Ref:1951495)   #15
roachy101
Racer

roachy101 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
raikkonen just does it for me thanks to those wonder laps. kubica and button did really well aswell
Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:37 (Ref:1951514)   #16
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Potiella sums it up very well except I go for Jenson. Solid performance and it hopefully means they're turning the corner, even if it is six months too late.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 16:54 (Ref:1951525)   #17
McKendrick
Rookie

England
London
McKendrick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi as he drove a great race to win from 3rd

Heidfeld did amazing seems he injured his back and wasnt even sure if he was going to race

Alonso did some amazing overtaking shame the final reward wasnt there for him!!
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:20 (Ref:1951553)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've gone for Kimi because he delivered when it really mattered, halving Massa's lead at the first pit stops, gaining a little time when they both encountered traffic and taking the lead at the second pit stops. It was a fine tactical drive, super fast at the right times.

Otherwise Kubica, for a great result on his return after the worst crash of the season.

Good to see Jenson grab a point pretty much on merit, although I don't think he would have got it if Heikki had not been delayed. Still, the guy deserves a break. I've been impressed by the way he's dealt with Honda's woes and the Hamilton euphoria.

Alonso had the move of the race, no doubt.

Special mention to Trulli for his honesty in admitting that the incident with Kovalainen was completely his fault.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1951566)   #19
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
Special mention to Trulli for his honesty in admitting that the incident with Kovalainen was completely his fault.
Agreed.

Jarno seem to be a genuinely nice, friendly bloke, and sadly it's not always to his benefit. He was so distraught about Kubica's accident in Canada, for instance, that he lost concentration and binned it in the tyre wall.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:48 (Ref:1951572)   #20
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure why Kimi and Kubica got such high votes when both had fairly uneventful races. Kimi had the best car, but didn't even attempt to get near Massa, instead waiting for his team mate to fall foul of traffic and passing him in the pits. Sure Kubica's return after Montreal's admirable, but isn't that to do with luck and his physical condition than anything he controlled. Also, Hamilton went through him like a hot knife through butter, Kubica didn't defend at all.

For me it has to be Alonso. Though he seemed to be disadvantaged by pit stops, fuel strategy and traffic, he passed a lot of people on the track and the overtake of Heidfeld was supreme. One of those days when effort didn't equal results I guess.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:49 (Ref:1951574)   #21
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah I noticed that about Trulli, and it deserves its dues. I was thinking how there aren't many drivers who hold their hands up like that so readily....good on him.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:50 (Ref:1951575)   #22
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Button for me (and sixth fastest race lap!).But nobody really stood out.Bit dull all round really.What happened to the bloody rain!?
Old 1 Jul 2007, 17:54 (Ref:1951578)   #23
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa did a great job this weekend, and he could have won, but races are lost for seconds, so be it...

I voted for Kimi. First because he did a good job too, but mostly I think he deserves, I like the kid and I've been waiting to watch him win again. Like his engineer said, a great start over Hamilton and 2 fast laps before the pit stop made his win.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1951668)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kimi's gonna have to put it over Felipe consistently for him to get a driver of race vote from me i'm afraid. I believe Massa 'lost' the win (through traffic problems) more than Kimi really 'won' it so to speak. Felipe pretty much had him covered again.

However i'm giving it to Kubica because that is a hell of a comeback from such a shaking in Canada.
Old 1 Jul 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1951703)   #25
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Kimi's gonna have to put it over Felipe consistently for him to get a driver of race vote from me i'm afraid.
Can't argue with logic like that.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"