Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Will it rain during the 2005 Italian GP?
Yes. 7 58.33%
No. 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Aug 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1394486)   #1
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Monza weather/attendance

Yes it's weather prediction time again.Here's one prediction http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=52 but the're not usually that reliable (they forecast temps just above freezing for Imola?).

Usual questions-When was last race in the wet at Monza? Who's likely to win if it does rain? and Will Bridgestone employees be praying for rain?Also,how will Ferrari's current form affect attendances at Monza.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 13:56 (Ref:1394505)   #2
jet
Racer

Netherlands
Harderwijk (Netherlands)
jet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope it will be a wet race. I think it's prettty much time for a wet race and then see who would be at the front of the field.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:42 (Ref:1394527)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A wet race is fine by me, we are overdue one, although it would be a weird twist of fate to get one after such a barren run (literally) at the circuit which traditionally produces dry races. But wet qualifying under the current system is farcical, and if one-shot qualifying is kept for 2006 they desperately need to come up with a contingency plan for wet weather.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:46 (Ref:1394531)   #4
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I would prefer a race that starts wet but then dries out. Maybe with a wet qualifying as a side order.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 14:51 (Ref:1394536)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But wet qualifying under the current system is farcical
Absolutely. I already think the current system places too much emphasis of the Grand Prix weekend on that one qualifying lap, but in changing conditions this would obviously be completely unfair.

I'm not a fan of "success ballast", reversed grids or any of that artificial nonsense and I'm afraid that such conditions under the current qualifying system would fit into the same category.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1394544)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for me i like when it goes from dry to wet and then maybe back to dry. i like the need for an extra pit stop. as well i think this year that it would take on additional challanges as we can see what teams have been keeping up on the tire changing skills.

also as a side question, can you refuel during a dry to wet (or vice versa) tire change?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1394650)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If it is a wet race, and if the Jordan really is genuinely, significantly improved, the highly-rated wet weather skills of Karthikeyan may bring him some more decent pace.

I realise I put two ifs in there, but that Toyota engine has some power in it, and Monza is a circuit to show off engine power.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1394691)   #8
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully it won't be wet, especially the qualy.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 18:35 (Ref:1394722)   #9
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ticket sales down at Monza http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33890
Old 30 Aug 2005, 18:48 (Ref:1394732)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tsk, I don't know.....once they start losing, backs turn....
Old 30 Aug 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1394821)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
If ticket sales are downs 15% that means they will stack 90,000 odd into the circuit, thats not too bad.
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1394856)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well by any standards it is a good turnout.

And of course i don't think it is all attributable to Ferraris poor year. Crowd figures have been declining for a while now, probably from 2002 onwards?
Old 30 Aug 2005, 20:55 (Ref:1394885)   #13
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From the old favourite bbc weather forecast...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=4638

Be warned, for Silvo LMES it was very wrong! The above is actually for Milan Linate airport, as off the top of my head it's closeish...
Guess forecast can't be too far off
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1394902)   #14
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.weather.com/activities/tr...opnav_business

it must be the 10th time this season that the forecast was rain . but nothing

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1394908)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

It should update.

The latest from here: http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/ITXX0049.html
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1394909)   #16
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BBC weather says rain Sunday too...
Old 30 Aug 2005, 21:42 (Ref:1394957)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll believe it when I see it. Would make for a good race though.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1395291)   #18
312T4
Racer

Italy
312T4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Italalian weather forecast for race weekend says sunny all weekend with possibilities of clouds on Sunday.
Very few chance of rain at the moment.
However, I cannot remember a wet race in Monza in the last 20 years.
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1395312)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It does hardly ever rain at Monza. Although every year we think it might http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ght=rain+monza
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:45 (Ref:1395323)   #20
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1395327)   #21
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Menelaos, why do you not want a wet race?
Old 31 Aug 2005, 09:56 (Ref:1395330)   #22
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he wants McLaren to win . that's why :P

Ciao Marco
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1395337)   #23
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The next wet F1 race will be Spa, not Monza!
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1395347)   #24
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
well . i hope we get one this season .. i miss a wet race ..

Ciao Marco
Old 31 Aug 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1395354)   #25
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I don't think ive ever seen a wet Monza race, I know it was damp in 1995 and 2004 when the race started, but ive never seen a total downpour at this track.