Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Dec 2003, 03:18 (Ref:807126)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the Ron Fellows Interview!

Ron Fellows, who lives not too far from here, has agreed to meet me and my photographer at a local coffee shop for an exclusive interview next Sunday.

If you have any questions you'd like me to ask him, let me know -- we've already got the question about the goat, though.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 03:46 (Ref:807136)   #2
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
congrats!
Old 9 Dec 2003, 04:01 (Ref:807144)   #3
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has he seen C6-R yet?
Old 9 Dec 2003, 04:10 (Ref:807146)   #4
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
where can we see this interview? i can't wait
Old 9 Dec 2003, 04:21 (Ref:807150)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Question 1. - what is the status of the future of GTS cars for overall victories? Are the manufacturers still pushing to have GTS compete for overall?

Question 2. - Who will the Corvette drivers be for 04'?

Question 3. - How much better are the Michelins?

Question 4. - Are there any LMES races planned for Vette?

Question 5. - Can I, (me, not you Liz), get a ride in the Vette at the next Mosport test?
Old 9 Dec 2003, 06:29 (Ref:807207)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
I'll follow Fogelhund : does he imagine an overall victory for a GTS car in the next years ?

And congratulations for what we name a "scoop" in France !

Oh, and say to him how pleased we are we french fans to have him on the LM track again !

Last edited by Fab; 9 Dec 2003 at 06:31.
Old 9 Dec 2003, 12:51 (Ref:807428)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, those are very good questions. The interview will be up next week, once we get the photos -- the photographer has a digital camera but will be on the way to the airport for her trip home, and will have to send them to me when she gets there. It'll run at www.rfmsports.com and I'll let you know when it's up.

Any more questions will be gratefully accepted.

Last edited by Liz; 9 Dec 2003 at 12:52.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 01:11 (Ref:807940)   #8
Liz
Veteran

P.S. Anyone who wants a sneak peek at the C6 can come over to our site on Sunday!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 19:49 (Ref:808611)   #9
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"The Photographer" has a name.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 20:02 (Ref:808619)   #10
Liz
Veteran

But it's a secret.
Old 10 Dec 2003, 21:08 (Ref:808673)   #11
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hey, welcome Mags. Don't let Liz boss you around!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 Dec 2003, 21:36 (Ref:808704)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Paul, you have to spoil all my fun? (Never fear, ain't NOOOOOOBody gonna boss Mags around.)
Old 10 Dec 2003, 23:13 (Ref:808808)   #13
Mags
Veteran

HA! As if.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 10 Dec 2003, 23:13 (Ref:808810)   #14
Mags
Veteran

I want you to ask Ron if he knows The Goat.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 04:27 (Ref:811928)   #15
Liz
Veteran

The Fellows interview, with new photos, now available at www.rfmsports.com Ron looked marvelous but the arm is still giving him lots of trouble. Go over and check out his thoughts -- especially his explanation of how a NA$CAR and a Corvette are different to drive.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 05:32 (Ref:811950)   #16
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good job
Old 15 Dec 2003, 06:14 (Ref:811957)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Liz, do we have to understand that we've to name you Kate ?

Wonderful, and thank you for the "french's fans" question !

We'll cheer Ron for his next visit at LM !
Old 15 Dec 2003, 08:37 (Ref:811993)   #18
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He told us about the NASCAR stuff when Ryerson's Formula SAE invited him and our team(UofT's FSAE team) over to Ryerson for a special guest speaker/seminar session. I remember him saying on a road course with them Winston Cup stocker you get braking for first 3/4 of a lap, then your brakes are fried.....and the tires last for about 3 laps with real grip, then you just hang on for the rest of the way until the next stop...
Old 15 Dec 2003, 11:53 (Ref:812088)   #19
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A good read. Thanks

FG
Old 15 Dec 2003, 12:29 (Ref:812103)   #20
Liz
Veteran

Fab, I was always called "Katie" as a child, and have gone back to it for the most part to please my family (who still call me Kate). But I will answer to either Kate or Liz.

I was very surprised at his unqualified support for tobacco advertising, too, although other drivers have said the same thing to me. And indeed that is my own position.

For anyone who will be at Mosport this year, come by Corner 2 on Friday night and meet Ron Fellows, Chris Dyson and Shane Lewis -- not to mention the Pirelli Boys who may again bring their frozen daqueri machine.
Old 15 Dec 2003, 22:58 (Ref:812608)   #21
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
nice to read things like that

thanks!
Old 16 Dec 2003, 06:02 (Ref:812778)   #22
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job getting the guy to talk.

He seemed quite anxious to state that they would be on Michelins. While it seems sacreligious to me that the Vettes won't be on Goodyears, this means they won't get their butts whooped.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 16 Dec 2003, 08:28 (Ref:812854)   #23
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good one, Liz.
Old 16 Dec 2003, 17:05 (Ref:813237)   #24
Mags
Veteran

AS usual, The Photographer never gets a mention *sigh*
Old 16 Dec 2003, 18:13 (Ref:813292)   #25
Liz
Veteran

The photographer should be mentioned for catching the look on Ron's face when we hit him with the question about the Goat! I have honestly never seen a driver completely speechless before that.