Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 Dec 2004, 12:56 (Ref:1186712)   #1
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cosworth sold to MAHLE

what relation is this to Cosworth- which was sold to Kalkohven?
is th e cosworth engineering- wholly differrent-i know we discussed this but this really confused me
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...p?storyId=9662

COSWORTH SOLD TO MAHLE
Thursday 23rd December

Jan 1st sees ownership transferred

Effective January 1, 2005, Cosworth Technology Ltd. will become a member of the MAHLE Group headquartered in Stuttgart. Cosworth Technology Ltd. is based in Northampton (UK) and has been owned by AUDI AG. The takeover is still subject to the approval by antitrust authorities.

Prof. Dr. Heinz K. Junker, chairman of the MAHLE Management Board, uttered, "For MAHLE, the acquisition of the Cosworth Technology Group is another module of the long-term company policy towards becoming a system supplier of engine technology and engine systems. The two development centers Cosworth Technology Ltd. in Northampton (UK) and Cosworth Technology, Inc. in Novi (MI/USA) will ideally contribute to the current development and production know-how of MAHLE. The same applies to the production locations for cylinder head and engine block machining as well as engine assembly for small-scale production."

Cosworth Technology Ltd. and its subsidiary Cosworth Technology, Inc. have been 100% investments of AUDI AG since 1998. The Cosworth Technology Group employs approximately 970 people in three locations in England and one location in the USA. The two companies are geared to the development, production and assembly of engines. Cosworth Technology Ltd. generated sales of £ 112 million (approx. Euro 162 million) in 2003; sales of Cosworth Technology, Inc. reached US$ 31 million (approx. Euro 23 million) in the same period.

The MAHLE Group is the worldwide leading manufacturer of engine components and filter systems. it has more than 35,000 employees in over 65 production sites.
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:23 (Ref:1186731)   #2
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cosworth Technology is the company started by Costin and Duckworth and made all the famous engines we probably think of. It was finally owned by Vickers in the '90s and was sold to Audi as part of the Vickers wash up that saw Rolls-Royce and Bentley go different ways.
A separate company Cosworth Racing Ltd was sold to the Ford Motor Company and it is this that was recently sold by Ford to our Aussie mate! I know it looks a bit like mud but I'm sure it's all clear now!
Old 23 Dec 2004, 13:26 (Ref:1186736)   #3
djt46
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
djt46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
curiously Cosworth Tehnology is the company that builds Champ Car engines, does a lot of work developing Ford engines for Ford and builds all the engines for Ford owned Aston Martin, yet it has until now been owned by Audi, who I understand are simply offloading an acquisition for which they have little use.