Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:43 (Ref:1033022)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
British GP

*yawn*
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:44 (Ref:1033024)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well put.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:46 (Ref:1033025)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
double yawn!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:47 (Ref:1033027)   #4
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: British GP

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
*yawn*
once again, 1st pit-stop decides the race!

but well-done to Ferrari, it's just up to the rest to catch-up.

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 11 Jul 2004 at 13:47.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:49 (Ref:1033031)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
True. But do they really need to bother to televise it any more......?
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1033034)   #6
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

I fell asleep again. I really have to wonder if its worth getting up early on Sundays.

But for Fisi's great drive abd Kimi's renewed speed, I'd pack it in.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:51 (Ref:1033036)   #7
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Don't be silly... don't you realise people enjoy all these pitstops and things... think we're just old fashioned mate!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1033040)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Wow! Tony Jardine just said it was an amazing race cos there were 'around 25 overtaking moves'!!! :eeke: Dunno how they can contain their excitement...! Good god, that's one every couple of laps or so... yeehaa!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:54 (Ref:1033043)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If THEY want us to enjoy the pitstops, at least give us a sense of intervals and let us know where the on-track car is relation to guy coming out of the Pits... sheesh.

"Oh Formula One, we barely knew ye!"
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1033047)   #10
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
once again.... when you just thought that Kimi would try and pass MS and wed have a scrap for the lead... it just didnt happen.... but then again who needs overtaking...
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1033049)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
But *that* is the excitement, is it not..? Surely that's where the unpredictability comes in? At least it is for the commentators. Though most everyone at home seems capable of reading the race...
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:56 (Ref:1033051)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You see, we're all beginning to learn now aren't we?
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:57 (Ref:1033052)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well at least the British GP provided some entertainment............. Oops sorry, I meant to say, well at least the British GP failed to provide some entertainnment.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1033053)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Indeed we are... erm, what did we learn again? How to relax on a Sunday and get some well earned sleep?
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1033058)   #15
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Hey but it is not all pessimism!!... this is the FIRST time ever that MS won from 4rth on the grid!!! now we all have been blessed with an unbelieveably emotional GP...
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1033059)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
wooooooohoooo!

*ahem*
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1033060)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, that and the fact that its now official that overtaking is no longer regarded as an essential element of F1......

It could well be banned completely in future on the grounds that if one driver manages to achieve an overtaking manoevre during a GP, it would amount to an "unfair advantage" and would only detract from the excitement of the pit stop strategies......
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:05 (Ref:1033061)   #18
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
Hey but it is not all pessimism!!... this is the FIRST time ever that MS won from 4rth on the grid!!! now we all have been blessed with an unbelieveably emotional GP...
re: your signature;

"I need new glasses"

assuming that is that you were watching the same feed as me!!!

no offense ralf fan.
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1033062)   #19
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
i was being sarcastic crazystu
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1033065)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig
wooooooohoooo!

*ahem*
yes i was almost in tears when it was announced in the press conference (more sarcasm)
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:10 (Ref:1033069)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Judging by the posts from F1 'fans' on here, and letters in weekly magazines, F1 is in trouble.

The fan base is very disgruntled!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1033072)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
hey the British Gp was a bore-a-thon... but still was the 4rth or 5th best race of the season.... you cant blame fans for being dis-gruntled!!
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1033074)   #23
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thought I'd watch one all the way through, just in case Steve Green was scrambled again.

Schumi wins from 4th without overtaking anyone, and doesn't get amongst the backmarkers.

Of 25 overtaking manoeuvres, most of them come from Alonso because he starts 10 places back and gets back into traffic every time he comes out of the pits again. Not that we see many of them.

Shan't bother again, then
Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:17 (Ref:1033077)   #24
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by ralf fan
i was being sarcastic crazystu
really????? I'd never have guessed!!!

Old 11 Jul 2004, 14:31 (Ref:1033089)   #25
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually quite enjoyed it Certainly one of the 2 best races this season with Monaco. At least there was a bit of slice n dice unlike the Magny Bore yawnfest. I actualy decided to knock F1 on the head after that garbage but I thought sod it I'll give it another crack seeing as it's Silverstone and to be fair I didn't nod off once Bloody good race track shame about the bogs