Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 11 Sep 2003, 14:13 (Ref:715145)   #1
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Adam Carroll with a manufacturer backed team!

After a trobled season damaged bythe Lola-dome disastreous start-up, Adam evenctually found a good place to stay for what rests of the season.
According to Autosport he's been hired by KMS team, backe by opel.
I'm happy for that , cos he deserved more from this season.
HGis new employers have been positively impressed by his 6th place at A1 Ring, at his first race in Euroseries, and first race on that track.
The risk was worthwhile running, then!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 17:14 (Ref:715323)   #2
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 12 Sep 2003, 17:07 (Ref:716671)   #3
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You think that's impressive???

Here's a thought...,

Adam Carroll is currently lying 21st in the F3 Euroseries with the 3 points that he scored in his debut last weekend. He is also 8th in British F3 with 90 points.

In British F3, there are a maximum of 42 points remaining to be had for winning both races at Brands. Only Robert Dahlgren, Clivio Piccione and Will Davison are in striking distance of being able to overtake Adam. Robert will do it if he scores just 1 point. Clivio and Will need 6 each to draw level. Given a bit of bad luck for at least one of those drivers, Adam could finish the season in the top 10 of the British championship.

In the Euroseries, there are six races left, and with 10 points for a win, and 1 point for a pole, that's a total of 66 points remaining. Now, I'm sure you'll agree that it's probably a safe bet that Adam will not win every remaining race from pole position, and it's very unlikely that none of the currently 2nd to 10th placed drivers would fail to score at all, but it is at least mathematically possible for Adam to finish 2nd. But it's actually mathematically quite probable that he could finish in the top 10...,

Now, when was the last time a driver finished in the top 10 in two separate F3 championships in the same season?

Hmmm? Answer me that!
Old 14 Sep 2003, 19:13 (Ref:718739)   #4
lager
Rookie

lager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie green probably will seeing he is second in the british championship and is doing the last 3 rounds in the euro series he already has points from Pau.
Old 14 Sep 2003, 21:20 (Ref:718846)   #5
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jamie is pretty impressive isn't he.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 14 Sep 2003, 21:28 (Ref:718850)   #6
Russfeldo
Rookie

Russfeldo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it just me, or is there a big question mark next to who he is? I admit to not following karting, but I at least hear murmurs about the really quick guys. Jamie Green kinda came out of nowhere both in Renaults and F3. And he must have sizeable backing, especially since he's not really 'sponsored'

WHO IS THAT MASKED MAN
Old 14 Sep 2003, 22:05 (Ref:718877)   #7
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Russ, it's just you!

Jamie was karting for a long time. Comes from a lovely family. Has always been quick in whatever he's driven, although he's never really been THE name on anyone's lips.

Did some weird sort of wild car racing before coming into Formula Renault last year with Fortec. Took a very short time before he had got to grips with the car - benefitting perhaps from Danny Watts' data (but Danny wasn't driving it for him) and drove a really good mature season to take the fight to Danny and finish 2nd overall, in what seemed the best car last year. In truth, maybe Manor's car was as good/better, but Lewis had no team mate whose data he could copy, so Jamie had a slight advantage there. But I think there is scope to compare Jamie and Lewis last year, and Jamie came out on top.

This year Jamie settled into Carlin and looks set to take 2nd place again in just his rookie year. Pretty damn good.

He is quick and he is a confident lad too. His backing has come, I believe, on the back of his results, rather than on the back of his father's contacts. Although his father has some wonderful contacts of course. I'm one of them (a wonderful contact not a backer!)

I follow Jamie's progress with interest. He has something about him that not all the others have.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 15 Sep 2003, 12:08 (Ref:719451)   #8
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by lager
Jamie green probably will seeing he is second in the british championship and is doing the last 3 rounds in the euro series he already has points from Pau.
Crumbs! I'd forgotten/missed that completely. And Jamie's in an even better position to pull it off. Lawks.

Old 15 Sep 2003, 13:33 (Ref:719546)   #9
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He might also win the young driver blah blah award too.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 13:48 (Ref:719553)   #10
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no, not eligible surely, as has done Class A F3.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 16:33 (Ref:719718)   #11
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not eligable becaus ehe won it last year!!!!

green must have some hefty becaking of some sort. he got into carlin in brit f3 and the team he drove for at pau is arguably the best team in the series.
Old 15 Sep 2003, 18:51 (Ref:719881)   #12
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
no, not eligible surely, as has done Class A F3.
someone else wrote that and put my name to it!