Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 25 Feb 2013, 18:41 (Ref:3210598)   #1
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Public Liability Insurance

I've had a few images published (at last) in a magazine and have been given a good letter of reference re: further motorsport photos, however it seems that all circuits now require proof of insurance. Can I ask who uses which insurers - I don't really want to pay over the odds for what is probably only a couple of days per season that I actually get trackside.
I don't want to upset professional photographers on here - I am genuinely interested in making more of a go of this and I'm not out to steal your customers.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3210609)   #2
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look on some of the photography forums. Some of the companies that insure equipment will do PLI quite cheap. You will need £5 million PLI to be on the safe side.
Old 25 Feb 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3210721)   #3
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Hiscox were who I used for the lendurance PLI. Far and away the best deal on offer. I don't go there anymore, so I'm a couple of years out of date now...
£100ish for £5mill PLI to cover up to 5 togs anywhere in Europe...
Old 26 Feb 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3211009)   #4
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use Simply Business as a broker - save £ 25 by following this link. http://tinyurl.com/aedpgve
Old 26 Feb 2013, 09:34 (Ref:3211054)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
I use Simply Business as a broker - save £ 25 by following this link. http://tinyurl.com/aedpgve
The more people you have on the policy the cheaper per-person it is, I was quoted £65 for 2mil cover, but by forming a 'partnership' with two other photographers the total cost was £97, less than half per person.
Easily done, indeed I do wonder if an 'association' of, say, The Association of Motorsport Photographers might work out as a very good deal for all concerned.

Just a thought,

bauble
Old 26 Feb 2013, 14:43 (Ref:3211179)   #6
percy
Racer

Sounds a good idea - anyone want to join my/our 'association' ?
Or Bauble - is your policy up for renewal anytime soon??? 4 could be cheaper than 3...

Last edited by percy; 26 Feb 2013 at 14:51.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:29 (Ref:3211256)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Sounds a good idea - anyone want to join my/our 'association' ?
Or Bauble - is your policy up for renewal anytime soon??? 4 could be cheaper than 3...
Best dealt with by PM Percy, I'll be in touch as I am sure I can help.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3211568)   #8
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Best dealt with by PM Percy, I'll be in touch as I am sure I can help.

Cheers,

Bauble.
I think I've replied to your PM - but nothing is showing in my 'sent' folder
Old 27 Feb 2013, 11:37 (Ref:3211614)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
I think I've replied to your PM - but nothing is showing in my 'sent' folder
Both received and reply sent.