Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

View Poll Results: And the first World Touring Car Champion will be...
Dirk Müller 10 22.73%
Andy Priaulx 27 61.36%
Fabrizio Giovanardi 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:11 (Ref:1431289)   #1
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's going to win the WTCC?

3 guys in the running only, 5 points seperates the lot...one race to go being Macau, traditionally a BMW circuit, but hey, Valencia was traditionally an Alfa circuit once too!

Who do you reckon?
Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1431303)   #2
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
is it really necessary for me to say it ???
yes . you all are right . Giovanardi will .. but if under extreme circumstances it has to be a BMW .. i would like to be Priaulx again

Ciao Marco
Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1431322)   #3
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I knew you'd turn up.

I guess Giovanardi's got a chance, IF HE SWITCHS TO BMW
Old 11 Oct 2005, 23:50 (Ref:1431328)   #4
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
well .. he did that already .. it didn't worked out for him

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Oct 2005, 09:02 (Ref:1431602)   #5
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say D.Müller, however Priaulx will have a good help at Macau with Huisman. Both recently have experience at Macau, however Giovanardi hasn´t been 17 years ago.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1431705)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I hope Dirk Muller
Old 12 Oct 2005, 13:36 (Ref:1431818)   #7
j_t_8_8_8
Racer

Italy
Varese, Italy
j_t_8_8_8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Giovanardi...because Dirk and Priaulx will be faster, but they will fight too much, and Macau's track has got many barriers at the side
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1432020)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody but Giovanardi (or Larini or Farfus).

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1432043)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Priaulx win it. He's such a nice guy and intelligent racer.

However, my gut feeling is that Dirk will see it out in the end, for whatever reason.

Didn't Dirk win the non-championship events at Macau at the back end of last year?
Old 12 Oct 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1432057)   #10
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am fully behind Priaulx, but I think Dirk deserves it more than anyone as he has been close so many times. The title race always seem to be very close in this series each year which makes for great battles, it would be unfair to say who is the better.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1432085)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh quit sitting on the fence luke!
Old 12 Oct 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1432091)   #12
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

Didn't Dirk win the non-championship events at Macau at the back end of last year?
No, Jörg won.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1432100)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Really?

Oh well, that throws a different complexion on it.

Was Dirk third then?
Old 12 Oct 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1432108)   #14
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Really?

Oh well, that throws a different complexion on it.

Was Dirk third then?
Dirk had an accident, but it was his first year at Macau. For Priaulx was the second one. It will be interesting to watch.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1432113)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Hmmm.....well I've made myself look positively stupid here.

I'll have to watch last years race and get some revision in! hehehe....

All I really remember was the race being pretty close, but impossible to overtake.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1432122)   #16
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't want to jinx him so won't say what I think, except I hope it is Andy Priaulx at the end of the day.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1432216)   #17
robert77
Racer

England
Worcestershire/Shropshire border
robert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrobert77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just has to be Andy P.
1. Cos he's a Brit
2. Cos he's a Brit
3. Cos he's a Brit

And after his performance in the penultimate round, with struggling for top speed due to an incorrect choice of diff I think he deserves it.
Old 12 Oct 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1432249)   #18
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Interesting that (at this time) the guy who's actually leading the championship is last!

Though Alfa Fan, alfa57, alfan,& Dani Filth are among the Giovanardi voters...hmmm, a non-biased decision there hey fellas
Old 13 Oct 2005, 07:20 (Ref:1432393)   #19
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
biased towards what ??

Ciao Marco
Old 13 Oct 2005, 08:23 (Ref:1432430)   #20
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Hazard, what do you mean ? I've voted for Gio because..errrr...I like his haircut
Old 13 Oct 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1432476)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like I jumped on the Andy Priaulx bandwagon with my vote.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1432801)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
May the best driver take the championship.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 16:23 (Ref:1432851)   #23
Martin Haven
Veteran

England
Royal Leamington Spa
Martin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMartin Haven should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
May the best driver take the championship.
Amen to that...

...but I wonder whether, when it comes to the crunch, the temptation of the "Tap-Pass" will become too great to resist.

You just have to hope that cynicism doesn't rear its ugly head - and that the organisers have some smart ideas to avoid problems with opponents being removed from races by rivals (or their team-mates) and blatant blocking to keep title contenders apart. They must rule this one with a rod of iron and set the ground rules for future seasons or risk being laughed out of Macau...

I would certainly like to see blatantly blocking non-contender team-mates black-flagged after no more than 2 laps of beligerence.

Valencia was notable for just how hard all the trailing BMW drivers fell over themselves not to get involved in the title fight...

The Chevy guys were told not to get mired in the three-way fight and I am sure that Jaime Puig will issue similar instructions to his SEAT guys.

After all, it won't serve any manufacturer well to be seen as the one whose driver ruined the Championship battle. Who knows, they may find themselves in a similar situation in years to come and payback is an ugly thing!

Our trio may find it hard to crack the top 10 in qualifying, making it a real test fighting up through in race 1 - I don't expect anything to be decided until the 2nd race.

Can't wait, personally!!!

Hope you'll be able to join us live for all the action on Eurosport
Old 13 Oct 2005, 16:29 (Ref:1432858)   #24
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Haven
Hope you'll be able to join us live for all the action on Eurosport
So the races are live on Eurosport 1?
Old 13 Oct 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1433186)   #25
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
So the races are live on Eurosport 1?
They are usually? Are you getting muddled up with the ETC Cup race which is on channel deux?

Oh I get it, the 'is Macau on live' thing. I understood at the beginning of the season Eurosport had the rights to show the whole FIA season live, for the first time including Macau - so I'm not sure why that's even been questioned.

Last edited by Hazard; 13 Oct 2005 at 23:48. Reason: Brain started to work

Tags
wtcc