Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:01 (Ref:319562)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Drive of the day.

Dispite Rubens excellent victory my drivers of the day are Kimi, Jenson and Felipe. It was great to see Massa and Heidfeld going for the last remaining point!

What do you guys think?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:04 (Ref:319565)   #2
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi probably. Notice how ITV didn't bother staying with the press conference to see what he thought about the race!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:09 (Ref:319574)   #3
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Rubens was drive of the day... excellent start, no mistakes, beat M. Schumacher thouroughly.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:16 (Ref:319584)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alex Yoong: a jump start penalty (sort of like kicking the crutches out from a cripple) and a spin entering Pit Lane-Great stuff.

Okay, I'm kidding.

I vote for Massa who beat Nick handily, much to my surprise. Kimi would have been 5th if DC and JPM had stayed in it.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:20 (Ref:319587)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a magnificent opening lap by Rubens. OK fuel played a part but he did magnificently.

Almost as good by that opening lap by a certain other Brasilian in a certain other European Grand Prix driving a certain other Marlboro sponsered car with fuel supplied by a certain Dutch company!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:21 (Ref:319588)   #6
freud
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
Alex Yoong: a jump start penalty (sort of like kicking the crutches out from a cripple) and a spin entering Pit Lane-Great stuff.
LOL

I love that guy Yoong... races would be boring without him.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:21 (Ref:319591)   #7
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm gonna agree with EERO, Massa was extremely impressive, the Saubers remain closely matched but this time Massa showed Nick the way. One interesting thing about the race was that from the start, a lot of the percieved no 2s in the teams found themselves ahead- Rubens, Ralf, Massa, McNish and PDLR, and msot of them did a good job.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:25 (Ref:319597)   #8
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO

Kimi would have been 5th if DC and JPM had stayed in it.
Really thinks so? JPM, DC and Kimi were all behind Rafe when the spin happened, however Kimi got the jump on Rafe at the pit stops, so it's possible that he may have got the jump on DC (maybe) and JPM (more likely!)
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:27 (Ref:319598)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DC was easily running in front of Kimi, and had been for the duration of the race, I doubt that the young Finn would have gotten by his more experienced Teammate. You do have a point about JPM though.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:29 (Ref:319600)   #10
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
certainly not Ralfie - coz he let his bro past him near the beginning of the race - talk about holding the door open and ushering him through!!!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 14:34 (Ref:319602)   #11
freud
Veteran

As Francesca puts it, typical lack-lustre performance by Ralf...
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:16 (Ref:319656)   #12
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ouch..... now who was the teammate of the guy thrashed in the previous posts that couldn't move a ball when Schumacher the Elder came to take him? Near the beginning of the race?
Old 23 Jun 2002, 15:32 (Ref:319677)   #13
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say Kimi put in the best drive of the day. He was overtaken by the two Renaults at the start but got back around them by the end of lap 1. Good stuff for those who say he's not a racer.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 18:34 (Ref:319806)   #14
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Move of the race was when Ralf dusted off Monty at the first corner - despite starting from the dirty side of the circuit.

The drivers of the race had to be Rubens, Bernoldi and Massa. Rubens was super, Massa held off Heidfeld and Trulli pretty easily and similarly Bernoldi came up from 21st place. Ralf did well to keep the Williams in the points but 4th place is not what he wanted.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 19:56 (Ref:319874)   #15
freud
Veteran

I was just plainly surprised how big bro dusted past lil bro who, respectfully, provided adequate space.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:03 (Ref:319881)   #16
Mania
Veteran

I didnt see that race. I guess I was too busy laughing at that Sato-Like spin by the DC's new-best-friend.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:08 (Ref:319887)   #17
freud
Veteran

Mania, as much as you would like to put sensation into this story, it remains a simple racing incident that hasnt affected friendship between DC and JPM.

“I was struggling massively with the handling of my car,” said the pole winner. “The car was almost undrivable but I still had some laps to go before my pitstop. Eventually, I couldn't help spinning coming into the first corner and I unfortunately hit David who was close behind me, ending both our races early. When I came back to the paddock, I apologised to David.” - JPM

"It wouldn't have happened if I had not been on the outside but if I hadn't been there I wouldn't have been able to overtake and there was plenty of room. Montoya apologised and these sort of incidents are part of racing but it's a shame as none of us gained anything.” - DC
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:15 (Ref:319893)   #18
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernoldi did great coming from 21st on the grid.

I read that he snatched 10th place on the final lap when he passed de la Rosa on the outside going into the chicane.

Would've been nice to have seen that.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:16 (Ref:319895)   #19
Mania
Veteran

Oh, so they kissed and made up already. Awww!

Seriously though, Im under the impression that Dc's not happy - firstly that interview with Louise said a lot.

Secondly, on another forum - a Dutch poster said that their pit lane reporter tried to get a word with DC as he was walking to the garage who said - and I quote "That f***ing Columbian" - Kai Ebel of RTL was interviewing David Coulthard right then, and after asking DC something, DC replied in a pretty cynical voice: "I wonder why JPM doesn't win races".

'Course these folks could be wrong and you could be right. But DC was definately unhappy when he was talking to Louise.

Last edited by Mania; 23 Jun 2002 at 20:18.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:16 (Ref:319896)   #20
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drive of the day for me (much as i hate to say it) came from Shu, just a shame he was not allwoed to pass Barras.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:31 (Ref:319909)   #21
J.McClane
Veteran

J.McClane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by freud
I was just plainly surprised how big bro dusted past lil bro who, respectfully, provided adequate space.
Not really that suprised, i mean how many times have we seen Ralf actually race against his bruv?

NEVER.

Give the seat to JV instead.

Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:43 (Ref:319923)   #22
ReidoRulesEvoII
Rookie

ReidoRulesEvoII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drive of the day, An obscuro in Trulli, he drove well, he was quick and I could see him getting a lot higher after dropping to 12th he was soon back to his origional place and looking menacing.

But for me The overall award has to go to DC, I know he only did half a race but he was tremendous, and had JPM not spun that battle would have been superb to watch and DC was giving no quater which is a breth of fresh air.

Freud, did you watch ITV's coverage, At the end DC and JPM were nearly using their fists to solve the matter, and DC looked clearly angered and upset with the incident. I have heard that DC was upset on 3/4 international networks.

DC's words to LG were very different to the ones you have, "I was on the outside where I am entitled to be, and he spun and tagged me" JPM then butted in saying "sorry I spun" and DC replied, "Of course I bloody know that's why I'm here" after a bit more chat and anger he said "I was trying to overtake because I am a racing driver and that's what I am meant to do, I have no regrets and no blame for my retirement"

Seems as though the details of an acceptant DC are ones for publicity and not his true ones if you look at his face he looked visibly upset as he knew that he could get 2nd in the championship.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:46 (Ref:319927)   #23
freud
Veteran

Mania, Please quote authentic sources. One shouldnt blindly believe a quote from a driver unless it came from an authentic source. I will give you an example: After the Austrian GP 2002, an interview (taken by a pitlane correspondent)was reported by the brazilian f1 site. Repordetly Ralf said:

"DISGUSTING... THEY ARE ALL CHEATERS! BAN THEM!! ".

Now, there are two possibilites.. one is that Ralf did utter those words.... and second is that there is a bias somewhere, obviously because of Rubens not winning the race. I shrugged it off and just let it go.

J.McClane, Yes.. Ralf is usually very kind!
Old 23 Jun 2002, 20:55 (Ref:319934)   #24
ReidoRulesEvoII
Rookie

ReidoRulesEvoII should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by J.McClane

Not really that suprised, i mean how many times have we seen Ralf actually race against his bruv?

NEVER.

Give the seat to JV instead.

Have you ever seen Ralf race anyone, well he's raced but not passed. Give JV that car as he's bettre than both of those dude's, and put Panis or DC in the other car, as they are both good quick techical drivers, onterms with JV at times, but JV does have that spark they don't have. Montoya is binning too many cars and I hear Sir Frank is noting this.
Old 23 Jun 2002, 22:36 (Ref:320015)   #25
Mania
Veteran

Okay lets give the easter bunny the seat. Since everyone wants to "give" a Williams seat away - I'd give Montoya's seat to the easter bunny or better yet - I hear Santa could fit nicely into Car Number 6. Bring it on.