Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Nov 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1762660)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
silly starting a new thread for this,but i was wondering if somone could clear this up for me are TKR running VY spec's as they have VY tail lights this is the only picture on the V8 site so i cant see the front,or is it they just had a shortage of VZ tailights?

http://www.v8supercar.com.au/Photoga...9420608&pnum=3
Old 10 Nov 2006, 23:13 (Ref:1763055)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The TKR car also looks to have lost some stickers off it....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Nov 2006, 02:27 (Ref:1763161)   #3
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A big disadvantage of Holden's strategy.. the VY1 and especially the rare darkened lenses and other styling used on VY1 (SV and) S/SS models look positively superseded after being swamped by masses of upgrades, VZ sport tail-lights, new wheels, indiginified unspeccing of lowly SV models, Thunder packs, Z packs, V packs, new engines, twin exhausts, new engines, SV6 dual exhausts, V8 VE models quad! exhausts blah blah. Despite the steep purchase price of VY1 models which has often become less on VE variants!!

Meanwhile BA1 XR8s are plugging along nicely and everyone knows it's a V8 and it doesn't look out of place compared to BF11 variants. Whereas a pricey SS VY1 could be mistaken for a lowly VZ SV6 before they spot the old lights and go geeze that's an old car yet it's even a premium SS supposedly.

Last edited by WebberForWDC; 11 Nov 2006 at 02:30.
Old 11 Nov 2006, 08:39 (Ref:1763282)   #4
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They'd only have to pull them all off again after a couple more races.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:34 (Ref:1764411)   #5
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic

Only reason would be that the sticker boys didn't put them on. and the ones they did were not exactly right.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:32 (Ref:1764789)   #6
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does that mean you were getting some annoyed calls from sponsors today, Evomike?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:36 (Ref:1764795)   #7
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
naughty sticker boys,has the phone been a hotline and have you been coping abit of a blast from unhappy sponsers evomike?
Old 13 Nov 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1764817)   #8
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even I had to email them one of the logo's from here in Bathurst for the car, so I hope the M10 logo got on there.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 16 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1767288)   #9
Exceler8
Racer

Exceler8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i belive they did change the taillight on satday
i dont have a pitcure atm but im fairly sure that the TKR car had VZ tailights in it on Sunday
Old 16 Nov 2006, 01:29 (Ref:1767295)   #10
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi All

Mt Panorama - I was just looking at a pic of the car from Symmons taken on Saturday and the M10 logo is there
Old 16 Nov 2006, 06:04 (Ref:1767357)   #11
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRT Man_05
i belive they did change the taillight on satday
i dont have a pitcure atm but im fairly sure that the TKR car had VZ tailights in it on Sunday
Not that you saw it much (both on TV and racing) on Sunday...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 16 Nov 2006, 06:29 (Ref:1767372)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The old Murf aint backwards in coming forwards Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Murphy "Murphy Has A Crack At Kiwi V8 Team" 09/11/2006 NewstalkZB
Team Kiwi Racing has copped a serve from New Zealand V8 Supercars driver Greg Murphy.

The embattled team is trying to raise four hundred thousand dollars for their Ford for next year after writing off their Holden at Bathurst.

Murphy says it was extremely unfortunate to see them crash but that is life in motorsport.

He says if a team can not afford to be in the Championship, then they should not be there as it is not the kind of sport in which a team can struggle around without much money, and then plead poor.
Admittedly he is now in one of the Team Kiwi wannabees.....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Nov 2006, 06:29 (Ref:1767373)   #13
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you watched the RPM Coverstory about Chad Reed doing some laps in car #39 (The one that used to use the TKR chassis), it ran VY tail lights.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 01:43 (Ref:1768190)   #14
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The old Murf aint backwards in coming forwards Here

Admittedly he is now in one of the Team Kiwi wannabees.....

Remember that he is driving for the same team that actually wanted to buy TKR before it became Tasman, but couldn't see the value in it. And also the same team that last year and the year before arguably looked more marginal than TKR does now.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 04:03 (Ref:1768226)   #15
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
maybe it could look alot more lucrative next year.