Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1419951)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
20 Cars in Mexico

Both HVM and PKV will be adding third cars for the Mexico City race.

HVM has confirmed Homero Richards, and PKV is running Charles Zwolsmam.

SpeedTV article.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:49 (Ref:1419992)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think I've ever heard of Homero Richards before. Anyone have any thoughts or impressions on him?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1420037)   #3
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I've been able to find in Google, Homero Richards has won "F-Renault 2000 de America" twice and is now racing in Formula Renault Jr. 1600, in 7th place. He has won a race, and his car is sponsored by Nextel and painted in the colors that PKV used last year.

A picture of Richards:

http://www.copacorona.com/noticias/i...823Homero1.jpg
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:01 (Ref:1420058)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...e.asp?ID=9715:

"Nextel joins again the international car racing events and reiterates its commitment to the new talents by giving its drivers the opportunity to participate in all kinds of categories beyond domestic races. Thus, Nextel provides the opportunity to another Mexican driver to take part at the Champ Car World Series that began on April 10th, 2005 in Long Beach, California, and it is now about to end."

"This clearly shows that, despite he is very young, Homero Richards's experience as a racing driver is significant both at a domestic and international level, and he will seek together with his co-teamers, the Mexican Rodolfo LavĂ*n and the Italian Fabrizio Del Monte, to achieve the highest score for the HVM Team."

Babelfish strikes again....

I couldn't get into SpeedTV's site, and ChampCar's own site has nothing on Charles Z yet, but I guess both he and Homero are going to be contenders for their teams in 2006?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 15:23 (Ref:1420087)   #5
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given Zwolsman's Atlantic performances, if he's not a contender for a good Champcar seat next year something's going wrong....
Old 29 Sep 2005, 16:10 (Ref:1420139)   #6
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
I don't think I've ever heard of Homero Richards before. Anyone have any thoughts or impressions on him?
Ya, no kidding. Who is this guy? I can imagine Jorge Goeters or Memo Rojas jr racing, but Homero Richards? Bring Michel Jourdain back!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 19:36 (Ref:1420298)   #7
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh man, Jorge Goeters would be sweet!
But lets give this Homero Simpson Richards a chance.

If he crashes, do you think he'll say "Do'h!" ?

(Heehee... just having some innocent fun, administrators )
Old 29 Sep 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1420351)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he wins he'll do donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

He must've heard all of these 1000 times, poor guy.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 20:53 (Ref:1420362)   #9
StickShift
Veteran

StickShift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Fenelon
Given Zwolsman's Atlantic performances, if he's not a contender for a good Champcar seat next year something's going wrong....
Zwolsman is the weakest Atlantics champion in eons. He nearly lost the title to nobody's. His best hope is to re-enter Atlantics next season and prove himself against some real competition.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1420508)   #10
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one am really pleased to see this years Altlantic champion getting a shot in champcars. It's a really big step forward for the ladder series program given all of the oversights of the past, and really goes in line with champ car's new initiatives, including the $2 million for the Atlantic champion to put toward a champ car ride the following year. I think what they're doing to cultivate new talent is outstanding, and this is another example.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 00:43 (Ref:1420509)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
I concur, Omega. This is why the Atlantic series is going to be so very strong next year.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 01:50 (Ref:1420523)   #12
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Australia (19 cars?)
Dale Coyne Racing
Ronnie Bremer (R)
Ricardo Sperafico (R)

Forsythe Championship Racing
Paul Tracy
Mario Dominguez

HVM
Rodolfo Lavin
Fabrizio Del Monte (R)

Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
Andrew Ranger (R)
Nelson Philippe

Newman/Haas Racing
Sebastien Bourdais
Oriol Servia

PKV Racing
Jimmy Vasser
Cristiano da Matta

Rocketsports Racing
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Timo Glock (R)

RuSPORT
Justin Wilson
A.J. Allmendinger

Team Australia Racing
Alex Tagliani
Marcus Marshall (R)
?????? ???????? (R)

Mexico City (21 cars?)
Dale Coyne Racing
Ronnie Bremer (R)
Ricardo Sperafico (R)

Forsythe Championship Racing
Paul Tracy
Mario Dominguez

HVM
Rodolfo Lavin
Fabrizio Del Monte (R)
Homero Richards (R)

Mi-Jack Conquest Racing
Andrew Ranger (R)
Nelson Philippe

Newman/Haas Racing
Sebastien Bourdais
Oriol Servia
Bruno Junqueira

PKV Racing
Jimmy Vasser
Cristiano da Matta
Charles Zwolsmam (R)

Rocketsports Racing
Ryan Hunter-Reay
Timo Glock (R)

RuSPORT
Justin Wilson
A.J. Allmendinger

Team Australia Racing
Alex Tagliani
Marcus Marshall (R)
Old 30 Sep 2005, 02:02 (Ref:1420528)   #13
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
It would have been easier to understand if you simply suggested that Team Australia might run three cars in Australia, and N/H might run three cars in Mexico.

Interesting thought, nonetheless.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 03:16 (Ref:1420544)   #14
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I do belive that it was reported that there will not be a third car at indy for Team Australia, the Gore/WPS/Australia car at Bathurst is the extent of his "extra-curricular" activities this year.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 10:57 (Ref:1420776)   #15
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
For crying out l.oud, what is thed point of all of these lists repeating stuff we've all seen 1000 times before?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:00 (Ref:1420781)   #16
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
For crying out l.oud, what is thed point of all of these lists repeating stuff we've all seen 1000 times before?
They keep the most dedicated occupied while they wait a month for the next race..
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1420808)   #17
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Homero Richards apparantly tested at Sebring for HVM a few weeks ago......and crashed.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1420879)   #18
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a very promising start - it's a shame when guys like Bjorn and Ronnie get shuffled aside for comparative nobodies.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 15:35 (Ref:1421035)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Not a very promising start - it's a shame when guys like Bjorn and Ronnie get shuffled aside for comparative nobodies.
It's not like that is something new though - it's just it that it gets a lot more noticable when the field is so small as it's currently is. When you had 26-28 cars on the grid (which actually wasn't that long ago), and a lot more top teams, it didn't get nearly as much attention.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 20:58 (Ref:1421241)   #20
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course with more teams and more seats, there was room for most talented drivers and for pay drivers as well... It's just like F1, everyone, half of England at least is crying out because Davidson can't get a drive, well, in the early nineties it would have been easier for him probably...
Old 10 Oct 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1429940)   #21
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Zwolsman is the weakest Atlantics champion in eons. He nearly lost the title to nobody's. His best hope is to re-enter Atlantics next season and prove himself against some real competition.

Charles might have found his old form back after lots of bad luck and a serious illness.
Remember a few years ago he was better then one Felipe Massa in the same car but was punted out of the championship by Felipe.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1435329)   #22
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
On with you on that one boots, anyway I think that if Homero impresses he will get picked up for another year.

This year Nextel Mexico didnt really want to stop sponsoring Roberto Gonzales or anyone in the CCWs for that matter but what happened was that Nextel USA had an exlusiveness agreement with nascar that why the car would say NII holdings half the year, but this year since there is no more Nextel in the united states. Nextel Mexico might be back. I see no point in keeping the Nextel cup name as there is no more nextel. But who knows I'm just speculating.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1435358)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Feel free to elaborate on that post, Tenoch!
What do you mean, "no more Nextel?"
Old 16 Oct 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1435546)   #24
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well Nextel as a brand is no longer around, they merged with Sprint and are now known simply as sprint, heck even my bill comes with Sprint on it instead of Nextel communications. So the brand Nextel does not exist anymore is what i meant to say at least is the US.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 22:27 (Ref:1435562)   #25
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Thanks. Didn't know that.