Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Aug 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1390598)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for NTL customers!

I saw this link posted on the WTCC and European touring car forum of ten-tenths and thought I would give it a mention here too. For those of you that have NTL as of September the 8th Motors TV will be available on channel 173! Great news for NTL customers and for sportscar racing, wont make a massive differnce to TV ratings Im sure, but it could well be signifcant. IMO.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 05:56 (Ref:1390700)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I am sure there will be a few cheers over this news!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1391202)   #3
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My mum used to have digital TV courtesy of NTL and every time I paid her a visit she had Motors TV anyway...? Ch.404 unless I'm mistaken...? some number like that. She never asked for the channel either, but she's ditched digital TV now in favour of freeview for some bizarre reason...
Old 25 Aug 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1391237)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think your thinking of Men and Motors Martyn, Motors TV has never been available on NTL.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:30 (Ref:1391314)   #5
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nope - she had both - Men and Motors is what's recently been put onto freeview instead
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1391339)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No, Motors TV has never been available on NTL prior to September the 8th 2005. Thats why I switched to Sky and my parents have stayed with NTL, had I been able to get Motors TV on NTL I would never have switched to Sky in the first place, and this announcement by Motors TV would never have been made about the channel now being available to NTL customers.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1391346)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
Probably something weird going on with my mum's receiver then because I've paid a visit to her before and sat down and watched motorsport in the evenings with her - ALMS coverage I think it was, amongst other things.
Old 25 Aug 2005, 21:16 (Ref:1391365)   #8
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
I have no idea about receivers or anything but she got the channel one way or another! A weird event, yes. Still, good news that the channel is officially available from that date onwards. I don't know the advantages of having NTL over sky, I have neither, but still, gives me a reason to properly consider NTL now shud I ever get digital TV!
Old 25 Aug 2005, 21:50 (Ref:1391386)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What great news for NTL customers, but as I said in the other threads about this, not if you have Telewest
Old 26 Aug 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1391544)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I have no idea about receivers or anything but she got the channel one way or another! A weird event, yes. Still, good news that the channel is officially available from that date onwards. I don't know the advantages of having NTL over sky, I have neither, but still, gives me a reason to properly consider NTL now shud I ever get digital TV!
I have had both and I have found Sky a much more sorted package than NTL. Especially with Sky plus which is a fantastic one touch recorder.
Old 26 Aug 2005, 07:53 (Ref:1391567)   #11
Richy_Rich
Racer

France
France
Richy_Rich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hooray. I've sent them at least 4 emails about this.

Now they can fix EVERYTHING else that's wrong with their 'service'...
Old 26 Aug 2005, 08:46 (Ref:1391603)   #12
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've asked numerous times, too, being an NTL analogue subscriber still.

This MIGHT be what was needed to turn me into a digital subscriber, at last.

Cheers.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1402071)   #13
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still waiting for Motors on 173. Supposed to be today but so far I can't get it??
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1402188)   #14
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding
Still waiting for Motors on 173. Supposed to be today but so far I can't get it??
I have also been anticipating this great day. It even got an entry in my diary!
But unfortunately, after much anticipation, September 8th will go down as the day Motors TV did not arrive on NTL.

A phonecall to enquire why not was met with the answer that there were 'technical difficulties'. The question as to when Motors TV would be available was answered with 'it should be available soon we'll be advising customers of the launch date as and when we know it'.

So on a positive note, at least NTL are aware that they should be providing this channel. When I called to doublecheck on the launch date a few days after this thread was started, they appeared to have no knowledge of Motors TV becoming available on NTL whatsoever.

So, let's hope we get it in time for PLM.....? or Laguna Seca.....? or Istanbul.....? Should be with us in time for Sebring though.....or Spa?
Old 27 Sep 2005, 10:01 (Ref:1417727)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So, nearly three weeks after the intended launch date, no Motors TV on ntl.

Looks inevitable that PLM will pass us by!

What chance of a launch in time for Laguna Seca? Not much I suspect........
Old 13 Oct 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1432864)   #16
Mal
Veteran

England
London
According to the motors TV website they went live on NTL this morning - can anyone confirm
Old 13 Oct 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1432904)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just phoned home and asked the kids to try it. No joy!!

Mind you, it may be necessary to reboot the box (???) so all may not be lost!
Old 13 Oct 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1432988)   #18
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Well its working on my NTL box! Nice one NTL and Motors TV!

Old 13 Oct 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1432994)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Well its working on my NTL box! Nice one NTL and Motors TV!

Is it on channel 173?
Old 13 Oct 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1433002)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yep.
Old 13 Oct 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1433006)   #21
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Just got home, rebooted box and...........