Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 18 Nov 2004, 11:26 (Ref:1156940)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bubblejet or Inkjet

Does anybody have any thoughts about the relative merits or otherwise of bubblejet printers over inkjet or vice versa (basically Canon versus Epson)
I've heard that, certainly on the less expensive printers, that the bubble jets get clogged up very easily.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 13:53 (Ref:1157055)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Er, whats the difference?
Old 18 Nov 2004, 14:04 (Ref:1157062)   #3
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think both are the same thing. Epson makes the best photo colour printer.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1157089)   #4
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not the same ... there is a hint of it just being a trademark thing but BubbleJet uses heat to get the ink out whereas Inkjet pushes it out
Old 18 Nov 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1157229)   #5
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
see http://computer.howstuffworks.com/inkjet-printer3.htm

As far as clogged jets, I've had the problem on my old Canon but assumed it was more to do with the particular cartridge not being used for months at a time and the ink drying out.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1157449)   #6
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read all the computer mags tests for about 6 months and by far the best buy for the money was the HP 5150 which I bought from Staples. It was the same price in Argos as well. It has been excellent and the pictures it produces are also excellent (up to A4) with no problems. The drivers have never complained either and reckon the pictures produced are far superior than photgraphic paper images. To say Epson is the best is rubbish. Read all the tests (some on the web) and decide how much you want to spend as there will be a printer to suit your money.
Old 19 Nov 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1157831)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Baz
Do you never produce A3 size prints?
Old 19 Nov 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1157955)   #8
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Epson 1290 A3+ printer with a Fotospeed inkflow system (correctly profiled), saves about 60% of the print costs!
Old 26 Nov 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1165189)   #9
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a Canon i9950 for a few months now. Very good.

10D/300D images will go to A3 OK (provided they`re not too heavily cropped). I like the idea of Epson`s pigment-based (75 year archival) printers but they weren`t (and I presume are still not) doing it as an A3 printer back in the summer.

Ilford papers + Canon genuine inks - haven`t noticed a fading problem yet. Am using the instant dry papers which are susceptible to gas fading but should be alright if you frame them.

Will be interested to see what the reviews think of any Epson up-to-A3 pigment printers that must surely be coming soon.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 20:41 (Ref:1166495)   #10
ehasler
Rookie

ehasler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Elio I like the idea of Epson`s pigment-based (75 year archival) printers but they weren`t (and I presume are still not) doing it as an A3 printer back in the summer.
The Epson 2100 uses pigment inks, and I've been very impressed with mine.

Some people complain about glossy prints not being as good as dye ink printers, however the results can vary with different paper types, and I've got very good results from using Tetenal Premium Fine Art Glossy paper.