Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Oct 2000, 16:18 (Ref:40384)   #1
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You all may have a go at DC for his tactics in blocking Schumacher in the Indy GP, but The Michael's criticism of him after the race was certainly not deserved.

Basically it was a case of ... he's not in the Championship hunt and so should move out of the battle for the lead... and so on.

I am, however, drawn back to a certain race in Malaysia last season in which a certain driver held up another title aspirant for the entirety of the race to assist his teammate close the gap in the title race.

That 'certain driver' was none other than one Michael Schumacher. And you lot call DC a hypocrite. Oh, puh-leeeze........

Our own RickP suggested to me at the Brands Hatch BTCC meeting last month that Matt Neal had his head up his arse. I would say the same, but with a whole heap more feeling about Schumacher. Do as I say, not as I do...
Old 1 Oct 2000, 17:24 (Ref:40400)   #2
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If MS is really a hypocrite he would not give that comment on DC. Everyone saw what he did last year, only an idiot want himself to be caught in front of the world audience.

I think he genuinely forgot the Sepang incident. Understandable as he retook the lead with a Ferrari 1 & 2.
Old 1 Oct 2000, 17:34 (Ref:40401)   #3
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Danielsun
You all may have a go at DC for his tactics in blocking Schumacher in the Indy GP, but The Michael's criticism of him after the race was certainly not deserved.

Basically it was a case of ... he's not in the Championship hunt and so should move out of the battle for the lead... and so on.
No, Danielsun.
Actually he said:
Quote:
... he was slowing me down enough to make Hakkinen give a go at me. That was his purpose. Obviously the two are team mates and that is perfectly legal to do this.
After that, he did question Coulthards behaviour during the overtaking move, but again he didn't condemn it himself:
Quote:
he was in my view doing something for his team and his team mate which I'm not sure whether that should be done or not.
So basically he said:
Coulthard was holding me up, but I think that is all right.
Coulthard was defending his position very hard, and I don't know whether that is all right.
Old 1 Oct 2000, 18:50 (Ref:40411)   #4
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
I'm not talking about the 'be good for the American press' post-race conference here...
Old 1 Oct 2000, 19:01 (Ref:40415)   #5
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
...but The Michael's criticism of him after the race was certainly not deserved.
You're not?

So what your point really....

Old 1 Oct 2000, 19:10 (Ref:40418)   #6
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
What I'm targeting here is Schumacher's Do as I say, not as I do attitude towards the other F1 drivers in the paddock, particularly DC...

He'd make a great policeman, that bloke...
Old 2 Oct 2000, 00:20 (Ref:40453)   #7
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael said that he didn't mind DC defending his position, but he didn't like being squeezed when he was overtaking DC, as the two cars touched.
Dhru.
Old 2 Oct 2000, 10:52 (Ref:40515)   #8
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah i agree. I think that those who thinks that MS is a hypocrite for what he said in the Press conference in USA, they should go read the whole text version of it again, because they have misunderstood the whole conference.

And...Quote "Basically it was a case of ... he's not in the Championship hunt and so should move out of the battle for the lead... and so on."

Unfortunately, that is NEVER the case. You have misquoted MS, as he did not say "move out of the battle for the lead"
in fact, he agreed it is correct in all senses.

And how about this, mclaren fans. I belive the "Basically it was a case of ... he's not in the Championship hunt and so should move out of the battle for the lead... and so on." is better used on MIKA HAKKINEN. WHy? He blamed the minardi for holding him up?!!!! WELL...from what millions witnessed, the MINARDI WAS A PLACE IN FRONT OF MCLAREN, so why cant the minardi defend itself??? Because minardi is not in the championship? What is the fist waving from Mika supposed to mean then???

Mclaren fans. What do you have to say about Mika's actions??

Old 2 Oct 2000, 12:42 (Ref:40536)   #9
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we all need to remind ourselves from time to time that when discussing these drivers we're referring, essentially, to a group of high-strung, fiercely competitive egomaniacs who have an almost-impossible time seeing the world from any other perspective than their own.
Old 2 Oct 2000, 19:00 (Ref:40597)   #10
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
What? A topline racing driver? Nevaaarrr.....
Old 2 Oct 2000, 19:19 (Ref:40605)   #11
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Dhru: of RSW fame...?
Old 3 Oct 2000, 00:05 (Ref:40649)   #12
Dhru
Rookie

That's me!!!
As you can see I've started stirring things up here too!
Dhru.
Old 3 Oct 2000, 19:07 (Ref:40825)   #13
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Hehehe...I know your hatred of Ron Dennis very well! Dani sometimes comes on here too.

And on the actual topic - DC and TGF are both total hypocrites.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 01:34 (Ref:40861)   #14
Dhru
Rookie

I think there's a question asked to everyone on a job interview for the F1 Paddock, "Are you a hypocrite?" "Who me? Noooo.....never......maybe just a bit...." "You're hired!"
It must be a prerequisite.
Jacques is one too, do you remember in the press conf. after Jerez '97 he said he didn't want to comment on Michael's move. As soon as the fuss died down (comparatively) a month later, he gives an interview slamming Michael, and then another and has never let up!
Dhru.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 15:23 (Ref:41010)   #15
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any star (actor or sportsman) should be experied hypocrite. This is only show-business. But I really enjoyed with TGF's and DC's two-way hypocrisy. Spa'98, Argentina'98 for example.When they decide to retire, they should be hired together for Broadway-show.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 21:15 (Ref:41071)   #16
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Funny thing how the "point of view" has a lot to do with our perceptions.

Schumacher has retracted his statement about DC and their contact at turn 1 in the USGP after reviewing the tape. He apologized and stated that it certainly looked different from the cockpit than it did on tape.
Old 4 Oct 2000, 22:55 (Ref:41094)   #17
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Everyone is right!!

Yes, KC. That sure put a damper on this thread. The post on this thread worth reading is Nuvolari's, and I urge you guys to go and have a look at it. Those are entirely my sentiments. These endless argumenst always reminds me of Fiddler on the Roof, where he says both guys arguing were right. So a third guy pops up and says how can both guys be right, only obe guy can be right. So he says to the third guy - "You are right". That stops all arguments.
Old 5 Oct 2000, 01:09 (Ref:41122)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it's a question of hypocricy when the person speaking is convinced he is correct.

Whenever someone pointed out to Senna that he appeared to be arguing on both sides of a question, he would answer by opening his eyes very wide and saying, "But I am Senna."

There was no arguing with that. He was.