Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Feb 2001, 15:49 (Ref:62253)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Im worried that the support package is going to really poor. I can't see the point in including single seat support races, as i don't find them exciting, although of all that should stay, it would have to be Formula Ford.

Does anyone have a list of the support race line-up for this year?
Old 3 Feb 2001, 16:04 (Ref:62257)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
No preference either way - so long as the racing is good

My ideal line up would be:

BTC Touring x2
BTC Production x2
Elf RenaultSport UK Clio Cup
British F3 x2
Fiestas
Minis ()
British Superbikes (why not ?)
Old 3 Feb 2001, 16:10 (Ref:62259)   #3
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Imagine the size of the crowds you'd have if the Superbike racers joined the BTCC!
Old 3 Feb 2001, 16:35 (Ref:62261)   #4
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wan to see more tin top racing like the clios and fiestas. the races last year were really exciting and there was plenty of argy bargy on the trakk! (i'm only sayin this cos there was a big clio crash right in front of me at oulton park last year and a fiesta ended up spinning on its roof!)
Old 3 Feb 2001, 16:40 (Ref:62263)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
i'm only sayin this cos there was a big clio crash right in front of me at oulton park last year and a fiesta ended up spinning on its roof
Are you sure you weren't still on the M6 ? Or do you mean in two seperate incidents
Old 3 Feb 2001, 16:43 (Ref:62264)   #6
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
yeah i prefer saloon races so much more, it beggars belief why they have got rid of the fiestas and F Ford.

I think the fiesta boys got a good talking to halfway through the 99' season as from about midseason there were far less incidents.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 17:48 (Ref:62274)   #7
vauxhall
Veteran

vauxhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T I N
T O P
S U P P O R T
R A C E S
Old 3 Feb 2001, 18:48 (Ref:62284)   #8
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its gotta be tin top cars cause theres a lot more aggression showed when they race and i reckon they look cooler.i reckon that the lotuses at oulten park last year were good and should be there again.and the vectra sri challenge thing should return but now there astras.that would be so great
Old 3 Feb 2001, 19:49 (Ref:62294)   #9
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
It seems like there are more single seater supports than tin tops, which i don't like as If the main product is Touring Cars it makes more sense to have tin tops supports.

Old 3 Feb 2001, 20:39 (Ref:62299)   #10
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't seem to find the supports list at the moment (I have it here somewhere) But there is only the Formula Renault as a permanent single seater support fixture.

We will get the Clio's at every meeting along with the Lotus's Then as guest series we will see such things as the Thoroughbred GP and Pickups.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 22:23 (Ref:62313)   #11
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
that sucks, it seems so disorganised and unproffessional.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 23:49 (Ref:62327)   #12
kristof14
Veteran

the crashes were 2 separate incidents and i would love to see the vectra challenge back cos it was like the touring cars all over again!!!!! and the clios were cool.
what'd be really good would for the clio series to change to using the same mid engined clios that are used to support the formula1 race at monaco. that would make raceday the best day out ever!
Old 4 Feb 2001, 09:03 (Ref:62353)   #13
GURRYP
Racer

GURRYP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the V6 rear engined Clio's ?? Saw them a couple of years ago at Donington. Excellent, look good, sound great, go like hell, 30+ cars @ race & driven by lunatics.

Old 4 Feb 2001, 10:26 (Ref:62355)   #14
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tin tops everytime.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Vectras and was dismayed when they left but the Clios and Lotus have nicely filled the slot.

I shall miss the Fiesta's - I can understand that Powertour needs a single-seater support race but did they have to take the Fiestas as well?

I am afraid the guest races will be used as an opportunuity to a) go to the loo, b) get more food and drink and c) see what's happening in the paddock and not neccessarily in that order!!!
Old 4 Feb 2001, 14:11 (Ref:62381)   #15
kristof14
Veteran

the mid engined clios are absolutely mad! anyone who buys one has to go on a special course at a race track to learn how to handle the huge amounts of power it can produce! if those replaced the normal clios than htered be no way anyone would go wandering about during the race!
Old 4 Feb 2001, 14:52 (Ref:62391)   #16
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been as there are two seperate BMP packages in 2001, one based around the BTCC and the other around F3, why not give all the single seater supports to the F3 series (Powertour), and the sallon supports to the BTCC (TOCA tour?)
Old 4 Feb 2001, 20:23 (Ref:62455)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The V6 Clios would never race here. They are too expensive for a domestic championship. Basically you have to ge very rich and/or completely insane to race one. Isn't that right Rick ?

PowerTour is more than just F3, it's GT's as well. There are those (myself included) who wouldn't bother going if it wasn't for the GT's. BMP's idea is to give a ballanced programme for both TOCA Tour and PowerTour.

Personally I've never been a big single seater fan but I like the idea of having a mixed bag and some the historic F1 type guest series aren't that bad.
Old 5 Feb 2001, 05:16 (Ref:62523)   #18
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tin top support races all the way. Leave the single seaters for F1 and CART!!!
Old 5 Feb 2001, 09:04 (Ref:62540)   #19
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Definitely tin-tops for me. Small-engined single seaters just don't do it, I'm afraid.

On the other hand, it is nice to have a Formula Renault race on the bill - then you don't feel bad about missing the action when you go for a beer....