Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Apr 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1892215)   #1
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory Park today, 15th April

What a cracking meeting! Thanks BARC for organising some of the best racing I've seen in a while. The Legends were, well, legendary and the Minis were hurling themselves OVER the scenery as opposed to into it.

Lovely weather, fantastic people to work with in Chezza, Pitlane Eddie and Wensleydale - thanks for your help folks, you did a great job in the heat!

I won the raffle, a decent monetary prize, some of which was spent in the bar afterwards

Oh and best of all - we've got a pit lane again!

What more could one ask for?
Old 15 Apr 2007, 19:45 (Ref:1892346)   #2
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
What a cracking meeting!
Oh and best of all - we've got a pit lane again!

What more could one ask for?
Shame a lot of the drivers were'nt informed as us on post 12 can testify to!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 15 Apr 2007, 21:05 (Ref:1892482)   #3
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
Shame a lot of the drivers were'nt informed as us on post 12 can testify to!
Everyone was informed. There were paddock announcements during the morning that the pit lane was operational, with the entry being under the bridge, just after the startline. Team personnel were also advised that when moving from the Assembly Area to the pit lane they should keep well to the right hand side to avoid any incoming vehicles.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:01 (Ref:1892876)   #4
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was a pleasure!

Made the day a bit more interesting having the pit lane open...also it meant we weren't trying to assemble all the cars in that heat!

I can certainly confirm that I heard at least one of the paddock announcements, although I am not sure whether it was mentioned in the drivers briefings, which would have been a good plan!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 15:01 (Ref:1893056)   #5
allanh
Racer

allanh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a bit like being at the Grand National at the hairpin with a mini clearing the armco and the catch fencing.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 17:14 (Ref:1893186)   #6
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Everyone was informed. There were paddock announcements during the morning that the pit lane was operational, with the entry being under the bridge, just after the startline. Team personnel were also advised that when moving from the Assembly Area to the pit lane they should keep well to the right hand side to avoid any incoming vehicles.
Sorry...I shall rephrase, Shame a lot of the drivers chose to ignore the information as us on post 12 can testify to!

“Beer is not the answer........Beer is the question .........The answer is yes.”
Old 16 Apr 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1893210)   #7
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stack
Sorry...I shall rephrase, Shame a lot of the drivers chose to ignore the information as us on post 12 can testify to!
Ah bless their little hearts, they probably forgot!

After all, it's been a while since any of them had the luxury of a proper pit lane at Mallory.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1893274)   #8
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a cracking meeting! Fantastic racing, glorious weather, a good turnout of marshals, what more can you ask for?? BTW I now have one leg longer than the other after all the leg - pulling!!!!! Thanks to everyone for their help on the day, especially those who found them selves doing alternative duties!
Old 16 Apr 2007, 19:53 (Ref:1893342)   #9
Pitlane Eddie
Rookie

United Kingdom
Devon
Pitlane Eddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sheila - hope you enjoyed your double whammy winnings to full extent! Great day in the pitlane, enhanced by incontinence pants, topless non models and potential wasps, sweeties were more-ish and company was the tops. We are the Barrier Queens (and King!). Legends were legendary and showed the way. At one point I could have sworn that two of them were attached front to rear going round.

Allanh - perhaps the Mini driver saw a seat nearby and thought that he was at the Grand National 'Chair' jump? Apparently you need to leap pretty high to clear it....

Last edited by Pitlane Eddie; 16 Apr 2007 at 19:59.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1893365)   #10
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlane Eddie
Sheila - hope you enjoyed your double whammy winnings to full extent!
Sadly not. The winnings will be going towards my bus fares to and from work for the next few weeks since Steve fell off the back of his Luton van today and broke his wrist.

He's currently well plastered (!) and in a bit of pain. However, he is enjoying having his wife running around, dancing attendance upon him.
Old 16 Apr 2007, 20:31 (Ref:1893374)   #11
MG Racer
Rookie

England
Ipswich
MG Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah bless their little hearts, they probably forgot!

After all, it's been a while since any of them had the luxury of a proper pit lane at Mallory.
Well I definately heard the fact that the pit lane was available. And as anyone in that vicinity will note i used it on a couple of occassions during practice (Trophy Blue MGF No 53)!!!!!

However, the entrance is a rather tight. Bearing in mind you want to come in at a decent speed so you dont get in the way of cars coming down the pit straight. I will guarantee that at some point this year someone is going to overcook it coming in and take the barrier with them.

The car didnt make it to the race as it handle like a bag of bones and we couldn't find the problem. So thanks to the marshalls for being there and I am glad that I didn't end up putting it off the way it was handling.
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1893800)   #12
Fred Bromley
Racer

United Kingdom
Lutterworth
Fred Bromley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks from Fred

May I add my thanks to all the Marshals who did such a great job despite the heat and the drivers antics.

Fred
Old 17 Apr 2007, 12:26 (Ref:1893804)   #13
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to hear about Steve, Sheila.......give him my regards!
Old 17 Apr 2007, 17:07 (Ref:1893983)   #14
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Sorry to hear about Steve, Sheila.......give him my regards!
Thanks Mark - have done. He tells me that the pain has gone and it's now just uncomfortable. He's also getting bored just sitting around at home doing nothing (and that's just after 24 hours!)

He's got an appointment at the fracture clinic on Tuesday next week (not urgent, then ) so hopefully he will have some news as to when he can go back to work.