Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 24 Jul 2007, 18:24 (Ref:1972339)   #1
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spitfire Circuit.

This is the SPITFIRE CIRCUIT, another home creation. Length? Possibly 2.3m. I'm not great with distances in scale. Circuit suitable for everything from F1 to touring cars. The number of gravel traps makes shortening the circuit for smaller events difficult (not something I've looked into). The track runs clockwise...

There is a right-hand king just before the 90-degree right-hander (turn one) which bunches the cars before flowing into the similar turn two. Three is a long left culminating in a tight little corner which will inevitably have an effect on the cars' speed. Four and five are fast corners which allow for flat-out driving into the 90-degree right at turn six. Turns seven and eight permit the driver to get back on the power, with eight marking the start of a little uphill climb. Turn nine is much sharper and quite steep by comparison with all others on the circuit. A flat-out run to ten ensues as the cars fly past the main grandstand, which overlooks pretty much all of the circuit. Ten is a tight right, offering the chance for overtaking, while eleven is also quite slow and represents the start of the descent into the long roundabout known as turn twelve. Thirteen and fourteen are mid-speed lefts which bring the cars round onto the s/f straight once again.

Constructive criticism and edits are permitted!
Old 24 Jul 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1972400)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Shape? it's interesting. I'm not sure quite how it would race.

I'd suggest 2.3 miles (3.7km) is a bit small and tight.

Perhaps 3 and a bit miles (5km) might be more fitting.
Old 29 Jul 2007, 09:20 (Ref:1975641)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wow, what a blot shape! It looks like a 3-legged boomerang. Spitfire Raceway gets 10/10 from me for the blot shape alone. I also think it would flow pretty well, but only if you increase its length to somewhat more than 5 kilometers. I might suggest turning one of the 90 degree corners into a parabolica for a change, namely Turns 6 and 7 at the right-hand side of the diagram, to further enhance the flow.

Now let's have this on a simulator!
Thanks for posting it.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 09:45 (Ref:1976248)   #4
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else think it looks the Isle of Man three legs symbol?

Old 2 Aug 2007, 18:45 (Ref:1979274)   #5
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, with legs like those it'll never fall over! Obviously that was important to me when I designed it, in case it ever felt a bit unsteady...

Thanks Yannick for your comments! I've never had such a resounding "YES!" before, across any of my four tracks (even though my first remains my favourite).

Thank you,
Goodnight!