Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Where Don Alonso will be laying his hat... helmet ?
Super Aguri - Shock ! A new chassis, a new driver, the world awaits ! 2 0.74%
Force India - Yeah ! Nothing like joining two forces... a new coalition 3 1.11%
Toro Rosso - Or that would be "Toro rojo", you know "Toradas" et al 0 0%
RBR - No ! That's for the aussies... Webber switching to Mac, I tell you man ! 34 12.59%
Toyota - Big names, big wishes, big budget and... ern, big whatever 25 9.26%
Williams - The girl next door... better, why not ? why not ? 15 5.56%
BMW - Those guys rock, and they'll make it big next year... 9 3.33%
Renault - Read Briatore, read Fernando's last stand, read "in love" 114 42.22%
Ferrari - Logical, desirable and the perfect place... do you hear me Montezemolo ?? 1 0.37%
McLaren - No no. In one word : no. 28 10.37%
Honda - They need it, they need it... they need it ! 7 2.59%
Saint Helena - not a team, the island, you know... Napoleon ? 26 9.63%
ProDrive - Pro what ? Oh yeah, he needs a drive ! 6 2.22%
Voters: 270. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 Oct 2007, 12:48 (Ref:2054866)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Where will Alonso be in 2008?? (OPEN POLL)

Ok, let's have some fun with this rumour.

There'll be a prize for those that hit the nail about Fernando's whereabouts next year. Just throw your vote and wait to see in the hole the little white rat will be entering... oh, I'm sorry, wait to know where Alonso will be racing...
Anything is possible ! Anything ! It doesn't matter if there are contracts running, promises or words of honor... anything can happen in the dirty world of F1. Everyone has read somewhere or heard from someone who happens to be "in the know" or is a "insider" that has the certainty where's poor homeless (or teamless) Alonso will be ! Come on have your say in the poll !

The prize ? Surprise ! But you won't regret it. If you can't wear it, drink it, eat it, use it in any strange way, I promise you'll be able to show the others...

VOTE BABY !!!!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2054879)   #2
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Renault.

No...McLaren.

No...Toyota.

No...BMW.

No...Williams.

Renault is the logical choice, but Toyota have the most money; I think it's between those two. As long as McLaren get rid of him (I couldn't cope with another year of sniping between him and Hamilton ), I don't really care.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:24 (Ref:2054912)   #3
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Saint Helena just because there was nothing else on the sideline. Yes that is right, one year off (for bad behaviour)

At least I will have an enjoyable year without Alonso on the track.

BTW Bononi & Ralf's Girl you both have not voted.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:29 (Ref:2054914)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I think I replied before he got the options up. I went for Renault, although if it comes down to money I think we could see him at Toyota. I doubt we'll see him spend a year on gardening leave (although that would bring him down a peg or two) because I'm sure somebody would take him off McLaren's hands, and I think McLaren would rather just be rid of him than keep him on the sidelines for a year just to get at him.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:44 (Ref:2054926)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Voted for Saint Helena just because there was nothing else on the sideline. Yes that is right, one year off (for bad behaviour)

At least I will have an enjoyable year without Alonso on the track.

BTW Bononi & Ralf's Girl you both have not voted.
Saint Helena, is just for that ! Cool off Fernando.

Oh, I won't vote or I win the prize, that's not fair.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:48 (Ref:2054931)   #6
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Also voted St Helena as a year off punt
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:48 (Ref:2054932)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
He won't have a sabbatical, because next year is the first for a while without traction control and anyone missing that will put himself at a severe disadvantage for 2009.

I think he'll try to stay at McLaren now. Notice how Lewis has become more conciliatory towards him lately? He probably knows already.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2054935)   #8
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Alonso is not going anywhere, he will be at McLaren next year I think..
Old 30 Oct 2007, 14:44 (Ref:2054967)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well her's a hint........ not really:http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...-about-future/.

well 'tough season' i wouldn't see Renault being that tough, RBR maybe a little, Williams ditto RBR, BMW no, McLaren no unless he means Hamilton, Toyota definatly tough.

i voted for RBR purely as i would like to see Potsie Webber have Happy Days or atleast happier.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:37 (Ref:2055013)   #10
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I change my mind daily - but today it's Toyota
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2055017)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
I change my mind daily - but today it's Toyota
That's a good way of living !
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:43 (Ref:2055019)   #12
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of one year at Willy before a longer contract at Ferrari, so I plumped for the Willy option
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:52 (Ref:2055026)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
I like the idea of one year at Willy before a longer contract at Ferrari, so I plumped for the Willy option
Do you mean in 2009 ? Who's going ? Massa until 2010 and Kimi until 2009...
Old 30 Oct 2007, 17:03 (Ref:2055078)   #14
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not listed : NASCAR
Old 30 Oct 2007, 17:18 (Ref:2055091)   #15
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
Not listed : NASCAR
Yea, Chip Ganassi could get rid of Reid Sorenson and Alonso could be teammates with Montoya.

But seriously, I think that we will see Alonso at Renault again next year.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 17:32 (Ref:2055175)   #16
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Do you mean in 2009 ? Who's going ? Massa until 2010 and Kimi until 2009...
I reckon Massa will move over in 2009 - I'll go along with the conspiracy theories coming from the announcement of Massa's new contract stating that he'd "drive" for Ferrari. A subtle ambiguity that could well play out in a number of ways (admittedly the most likely of which is that he'll have a race drive until at least 2010).

di Montezemolo wants an ubersquad of drivers, I think...
Old 30 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2055203)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

That can be. But I won't be surprised if Ferrari go for Hamilton. That's more Montezemolo's style and definitely Hamilton's profile fits in Ferrari philosophy while Alonso doesn't. And this is totally reasonable, because Ferrari can do the same they did with TGF, and Hamilton won't decline such offer...
Old 30 Oct 2007, 18:12 (Ref:2055205)   #18
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I kinda like the idea of him staying at McLaren and battling it out actually. This season was pretty entertaining all told. A repeat without the ridiculous 'spygate' dramas would be kinda fun
Old 30 Oct 2007, 18:16 (Ref:2055211)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Me too... but can Alonso live without "dramas" ?
Old 30 Oct 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2055220)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Also not listed as options.

1.Alkatraz
2.The Moon.

Least likely to be at McLaren,most likely to be at Renault.Even Pat Symonds is making noises about Renault becoming a 'one car' team.Wherever he ends up you wouldn't want to be his team mate.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 18:37 (Ref:2055221)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott

1.Alkatraz
2.The Moon.
Saint Helena covers it pretty well Martyn, don't be so cruel.

Quote:
Least likely to be at McLaren,most likely to be at Renault.Even Pat Symonds is making noises about Renault becoming a 'one car' team.Wherever he ends up you wouldn't want to be his team mate.
Fisi would wanna be gladly !
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:05 (Ref:2055250)   #22
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He will be at McLaren.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:07 (Ref:2055253)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
He will be at McLaren.
Fisi to McLaren!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2055254)   #24
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

1.Alkatraz
2.The Moon.
Can I change my vote. I like these two options, if I had to pick one then option 2 (it's further away)
Old 30 Oct 2007, 19:08 (Ref:2055255)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And, err, Hamilton to Renault?