Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 23 May 2001, 18:09 (Ref:95621)   #1
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Junqueira's luck

Having watched Eurosport's "Auto Magazine", and seen a replay of Bruno Junqueira's spin in the beginning of the race, I have to say he's one lucky man. It's nearly a miracle that nobody else but Cristiano da Matta hit him. Bruno was spinning all over the place, he could have been t-boned, and it could have been so much worse. No wonder he looked a little shaky afterwards.

Thank God he's okay.
Old 23 May 2001, 18:57 (Ref:95649)   #2
domaza
Racer

domaza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Bruno Junqueira's luck

Quote:
Originally posted by R
Having watched Eurosport's "Auto Magazine", and seen a replay of Bruno Junqueira's spin in the beginning of the race, I have to say he's one lucky man. It's nearly a miracle that nobody else but Cristiano da Matta hit him. Bruno was spinning all over the place, he could have been t-boned, and it could have been so much worse. No wonder he looked a little shaky afterwards.

Thank God he's okay.
Hmmm... I watched it too... from my opinion after (actually he was still spinning) the spin he got his car straigh and tried to continue immediatly, but he was still loose and Christiano hit him. From my opinion he should have stayed there till all the cars have had passed him and then start running again!?
Old 24 May 2001, 01:44 (Ref:95776)   #3
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He has good car control considering his inexperience on ovals. Things happen. I'm glad he's okay too.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 19:23 (Ref:101131)   #4
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueira could have continued, as could da Matta. This all rests with Max Papis, he hit da Matta. da Matta hit Bruno, while Bruno was recovering.
Old 4 Jun 2001, 20:12 (Ref:101150)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile Bruno has proved that he is one heck of a good pilot on ovals. I'm waiting for the commentators and most of the Champ Car fans to admit it, though. (Someone on 7th Gear is still wailing that Chip should fire him and replace him with Scott Pruett . Go figure.)
Old 5 Jun 2001, 01:56 (Ref:101285)   #6
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with you Liz, he is very good on ovals.

Scott Pruett - I thought he was turning fast laps in a wheelchair around a nursing home these days.
Old 5 Jun 2001, 11:11 (Ref:101407)   #7
Liz
Veteran

No, he is making irrelevant commentary remarks at ABC, when anybody will let him talk.

His sole redeeming value to the person at That Other Forum is that he is American ...

Meanwhile someone else has come up with the great idea (?) that Chip should fire him and hire Jimmy Vasser!
Old 5 Jun 2001, 11:12 (Ref:101408)   #8
SevenGrain
Veteran

United States
Berea, KY
SevenGrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Scott Pruett now works for ESPN's RPM 2Nite program. He is an analyst for both NASCAR and Open Wheel racing. Two for the price of one, if you will. Although I'm not sure that his short and unimpressive NASCAR career really qualifies him to comment on tintops. I also think Preutt has a ride for LeMans this year.