Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Mar 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2407235)   #1
2lt SuperTourer
Rookie

2lt SuperTourer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lakeside Street Sprints

Hi.
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Street Sprint series,
I have never done any form of motorsport other than a come and try day at Mt cotton and a V8 drive experience at Q.R,but have always wanted to do something,i went to Lakeside yesterday to watch rd 1 of the lakeside street sprint series and liked what i saw,they were racing but not door handle to door handle as such,and thought i could do that.
Has anyone on here ever done the street sprints either at Lakeside or Q.R?

Thanks for any replys...
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2408417)   #2
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Sprints sound like a great idea. If I was in Qld I would be doing the same thing. Contact some car clubs and see if you can make it along to some of their track days. Some of the more organised ones have driver training instructors to help develop driving skills on the track. Once you can get around the track quickly and smoothly without any problems, then you can start moving about with the on track traffic. It will take more than a day to get it right. You will need a number of days to understand the car,then the edicate of dealing with traffic. Contact the Gemini club in Qld. Its low entry cost, hire cars available and a great support base.
Once you have settled in to driving fast with fast cars around you perhaps you should consider running in the QLD500 held by the Porsche Club. A fantastic way to hone your skills. Once you have successfully competed in this enduro, come down to Wakefield Park for a run in the Wakefield 300km enduro in November. You will love these events as its not as cut and thrust as sprint racing as well as a great comradary with all involved.

Cheers
Old 3 Mar 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2408445)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd probably start out with doing a sprint or two around QR so that you are completely up to speed with your car... even with the improvements at Lakeside, it's still massively daunting and unforgiving.

QLD Raceways and Morgan Park all have their own self organised series, so there are plenty of opportunities to get out there on the track.

...and too right about the Gemini series- top stuff that, even after 30 years!
Old 4 Mar 2009, 00:19 (Ref:2408538)   #4
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The is a Street Sprint held in Gatton QLD also early in March worth looking into quick and tight track, sub 38 second laps. Not a bad little warm up to the likes of Leyburn or Lakeside