Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Apr 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2861915)   #1
jensenlunn
Rookie

jensenlunn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britcar at Rockingham this weekend!

Hi all, just wondered who is going to the Britcar Race this weekend at Rockingham, and what your thought are on the GT class and Production class have different race distances even though they are in same race ?, IE 2 x chequered flags in 1 race
Old 11 Apr 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2861916)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sort of. I believe there is a 'Britcar' flag waved to signal the end of production race. I assume the cars have to complete the lap from flag to pitlane at racing speed for safety reasons.
Old 11 Apr 2011, 14:28 (Ref:2861921)   #3
jensenlunn
Rookie

jensenlunn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why tho ?

True, but I am sure that i am not only one who thinks the same race distance for both classes would make more sense ?
Old 15 Apr 2011, 11:12 (Ref:2863693)   #4
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not this weekend - all 33 cars to run the full 2:30 at the Rock.

No surprise entries, but all the usual runners (including the McInerney's Ferrari F430).

My tip is the Rapier (once they sort out the reliability issues - before silverstone, the car had been gathering dust for over half a decade).

Last year, the Moslers had fuel pick up problems around the banking; wonder if that will affect them again or will Morcillo be able to use his secret 2nd fuel tank again

The class 1 Ferraris (MJC & Eclipse) should be the only other front running cars able to do just 2 stops.

The Viper will have to pick up a bit more pace to overcome that defecit, but it does suit Rockingham's layout.

Wilcox in the Ultima is sure to be a star in the opening segment, but a trouble free run is doubtful.

And for the sake of commentators everywhere who have families to feed, let's hope Lockie gets to race instead of joining BJ in the booth.

Production class looks wide open, but I will stick my neck out and say a Ginetta for the victory.