Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 12 Apr 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3233112)   #1
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ostrava streetcircuit

A 2,9km track in the Tsjechian city of Ostrava. This 300k industrial city is pretty hilly, creating the scene for some great corners. The track is located just east of the citycenter, on walking distance from it. It goes around the soccerstadium.

Highlights are overtakingspots turns 1 and 9. From turn 1 the track goes uphill, steeper and steeper until the top of the hill at turn 7. From there it goes downhill, through the fantastic turn 8. Watch it on streetview!

Comments appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Ostrava.png  
Old 12 Apr 2013, 23:13 (Ref:3233190)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My only issue is that T9 is turning onto a single lane road (sliproad), given that it's on an elevated section it can't be widened any.

Given I'm on record as saying that I'm not a fan of street circuits, this one actually has character and would be impressive to see working.
Old 13 Apr 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3233373)   #3
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's quite cool to have a crossover on a street track. Kudos to you Werner for pulling that off. And the flow of the track is pretty good, too.

However, I have some doubts about the size of the runoff in Turn 5 and the accessibility of the right half of the circuit for spectators coming from downtown.
Old 16 Apr 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3235101)   #4
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The eastern part of the track will indeed not be accesible very well for spectators. I guess that is often difficult at streetcircuits. I'm not to worried about turn 5. The track is not very wide there, so, just like on an oval, when the driver looses control of his car, it will hit the barrier at an angle that is not to sharp. It is however very important that marshalls will be on their toes in that corner, and drivers must take great care in obeying flag signals, because a crashed driver will always be on the race track, and there is not a lot of sight around the bend.
Old 5 May 2013, 09:46 (Ref:3243020)   #5
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
CJDJ500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good ideas, but perhaps a bit too close to people's houses. That could be a bit of an issue. But overall, a very interesting looking circuit. I personally like the turn 8-9 section, where there's a relatively long hairpin followed by a straightaway leading up to the heavy braking turn 9. That should make for some really close, tight racing. The crossover is also a cool feature. I suspect the pit entry (I guess it's the road marked in red) will be pretty tight, as well.

Last edited by CJDJ500; 5 May 2013 at 09:53.