Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Jan 2002, 02:52 (Ref:203470)   #1
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Budmakesmewiser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike helton says that this.........

year will be a much better year than last year,this all came about after Heltons announcement that doctors had finally removed the tail pipe from his a--,i guess he is thinking more clearly now.
Old 24 Jan 2002, 03:00 (Ref:203474)   #2
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't like Mike Helton eh? you're not alone there!
Old 24 Jan 2002, 03:04 (Ref:203478)   #3
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No comment
Old 24 Jan 2002, 06:27 (Ref:203518)   #4
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, after all the **** we got out of those people after Dale got killed. I lost respect for all of them, but Joe Hietzler is still the worst in my book.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 25 Jan 2002 at 00:56.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 01:01 (Ref:203966)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dr. Austin, I edited your post above because accusing someone of lieing without proof to support it could be grounds for defamation of character. It is OK to be critical and to question, just not to accuse without something to back it up. I am sure that Craig wouldn't want to be involved in a lawsuit over a post on his bulletin board.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 10:57 (Ref:204101)   #6
NASCARWidow
Rookie

NASCARWidow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Helton

Everyone is welcome to like or dislike someone that is one of the things that makes America so special; but it would be nice it you actually knew someone before you decide to be so negative about them. You don't have to like Mike but if you don't know him it might be a good idea to keep your negative comments to yourself.
Old 25 Jan 2002, 17:44 (Ref:204313)   #7
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

i think of people who run a big organization,like the president of the US they have alot of power and money,and they are not the only people who can do the job that they do,so if they can't do their job right than don't do it at all,find someone else who can,mike helton might be a nice guy,but that is not what i am talking about,if i was him i could run NASCAR better with my eyes closed and my hands tide behind my back,there is a little something called "RESPONSIBILITY" that sometimes comes with the + side of things.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 05:36 (Ref:204590)   #8
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure you could run NASCAR better than Mike Helton. Just like you're a better race car driver than anyone else, and are smarter than everyone else. Let us know when you can fly too, and we'll call you Superboy.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 06:24 (Ref:204601)   #9
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

i know some what how to fly plains,and i can engineer and design my own rocket pack,but i am more interested in my quantum theory,and radar and gravity,i might be able to make a belt that will let anything that can fit in its circumference levitate like a Ceramic metal-oxide compound frozen by liquid nitrogen,and some electric current induced into it,but hey one way that i am going to be a multi-trillionair is nothing that you would be interested in ol timmy.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 14:58 (Ref:204738)   #10
Roselady3
Veteran

Gonna be Means Nothing!

Talk about what you have achieved- We don't care or believe that you are going to do these things. YOU are the only one who believes you.

Proof is in the pudding- IF & when you have the actual pudding for us, then by all means---share it. But in the meantime- cut the ****. The last time you were requested to PROVE something- you were caught cheating & lying about it. You won't be a HUNDREDair THAT way!
Old 26 Jan 2002, 16:04 (Ref:204774)   #11
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Joe Fan

Dr. Austin, I edited your post above because accusing someone of lieing without proof to support it could be grounds for defamation of character."

The doctor who tended to Earnhardt stated there was no facial damage, then went on to say he died from hitting his chin on the wheel. Now, how do you hit your chin so hard that you die, but there is no facial damage? And if you saw all the blood in the car, where do you think that came from if it wasn't facial damage?

I don't believe that we are getting the whole truth.

And the whole lap belt thing just doesn't seem to add up to me. The guy who was first on the scene said it was intact, then NASCAR says it wasn't. Can they both be teling the truth?

So, maybe I used the wrong wording, but if you believe everyone that is involved, you are going to be real confused.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 20:41 (Ref:204882)   #12
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dr. Austin, it is common for people who sustain basil skull fractures to bleed from the ears and nose. And we aren't talking just a trickle of blood either. Greg Moore died of a basil skull fracture and other neck injuries and he didn't appear to have any facial injuries either.

The first person to climb in the car was a lady and she said that the belt was separated.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 26 Jan 2002 at 20:43.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 21:06 (Ref:204908)   #13
Dr. Austin
Veteran

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Joe Fan

"The first person to climb in the car was a lady and she said that the belt was separated."

You are right that it was a lady, but the second guy saw she couldn't get his belts undone and he climbed in to assist. He is a Volusia county firefighter and he says it WAS intact. Who do you believe? Can they both be right? It is worth noting that he was not questioned any further and mysteriously went quiet.

Go back and read all that was said in the days after the crash and you will find plenty that didn't add up. And the fact that the broken seat belt story took days to surface smells like a fabrication to me. In all the years I've followed auto racing, i have never, never, ever heard of a belt failing, especially not a new one.
Old 26 Jan 2002, 21:50 (Ref:204937)   #14
Roselady3
Veteran

Wasn't it Joe Nemechek who had a similar incident happen with his belt last year?

Even if one part of the belt was seperated- There would be the other portions to contend with.
There WAS another belt failure the year prior to DE's accident. NOT in NASCAR but another series.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 00:20 (Ref:205005)   #15
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

i agree with the doc on most of it but,you can't jump to conclusions without atleast a week of investigating,if you think about the whole situation,the Earnhardt's doctor did not meen it like that,but some of the other stuff is still suspicious,and as far as my opinion goes, doc gives more facts than NASCAR.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 00:34 (Ref:205012)   #16
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

i'm going to sit hear,i am going to sit there,i am going to sign up for welfair hear,i know that you say that type of stuff alot Rose cheeks,but i you see have ambition,pride,strength,good looks,a charming personality,alot of brain cells,want,givingness,i don't want to go on vacation,i want to be vacation,and for you to want to put down someone for that tells me that your kids will be the same as you,don't punish them like you do me because i want and will do something with my life.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 02:34 (Ref:205042)   #17
Roselady3
Veteran

Don't be telling me how to be a mother.
My two kids (Both older than you or at least act older) Are fine children.
They don't tell me how great they are- They do it & prove it.
They have goals & dreams
& I encourage them to go for it & reach them.
I praise them when they reach their goals
& support them if they don't.

IF I was your parent- I would tell you to FOCUS.
IF you are as great as you claim- you would KNOW that it is impossible to accomplish all the things you say that you will do.
Getting there takes more than SAYING that you will do it. It takes hard work & determination.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 03:05 (Ref:205048)   #18
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Folks, something to think about. I'm not a big fan of Mike Helton, but remember this, he works for NASCAR. Yeah, he carries the title of president, but in reality, he is little more than a spokesman for the organization. He's not the one calling the shots, but he catches much of the blame. That's not a very enviably position to be in. With Bill France Jr. being sidelined last year by illness, the shots were called, largely by Brian France, and he really didn't know what he was doing. They called Jim France (Bill Jr's brother) in after Brian made a mess of things, and things started straightening out by the close of last season. Helton was the scapegoat, With Bill France Jr back this year, things should improve. Just a casual obverservation.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 03:57 (Ref:205057)   #19
Joe Fan
Veteran

Dr. Austin, there was several things thrown out and reported in the media that had no basis of truth and the sum of this was confusion. Tommy Probst story had absolutely no merit because it was obvious that the belt broke based upon the autopsy report. I seen a copy of the autopsy report and the dead give away was the fact that there were abrasions (from the shoulder belts) on the left side of Earnhardt's chest and shoulders when there were none on the right. This is proof that the belt broke because if it had held and contained him, there would have been abrasions from the belt on the right side too. It is extremely simple. The portion of the belt that was misreported to have been separated was lap belt attachment at the floor of the car. This is the belt that Tommy Probst had a good view of, not the lap belt that was already undown by lady paramedic.

Another source of confusion was the fact the the doctor said that there were no visible facial injuries but it was concluded later Earnhardt's chin hit the steering wheel submentally which is the portion underneath the chin. The doctor originally theorized in the second press conference that the blow underneath the chin could have precipiated the basilar skull fracture but after further review of the autopsy report, one could not come to that conclusion.

I have read the autopsy report online and watched the investigation presentation and I am extremely confident that everything was on the up and up regarding the broken lap belt and cause of death. The bottom line is that Earnhardt received a fatal basilar skull fracture from hitting his head with great force on the steering or from the blow of the head back into the headrest. It doesn't take much to cause fatal head injuries because this past fall we had a 12 year old kid die from helmet to helmet contact from another 12 year old kid in a Pop Warner football game.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 27 Jan 2002 at 04:00.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 04:39 (Ref:205063)   #20
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Well that should sum it up,i don't like to read that stuff and figure it out,all i know is that the greatest driver ever had died,if that is actually what happened than that explaines it,i don't really know the facts on the whole thing,but i do know that if i was mike helton i would know the facts like Joe does,i would have not let the media have any of the facts until they were confermed,they handled the situation very unprofessionally.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 14:29 (Ref:205287)   #21
Roselady3
Veteran

Well Bud- wrong again.
First of all- the majority of the criticism that fell upon Mike Helton wass the LACK of immediate information. People & the press wanted to know HOW & WHY immediatly.
He did the smart thing & brought a physician to the front to explain what the facts were- that were known at the time. The "good doctor B" may have made some statements that were later found out NOT to be accurate- but it was NOT Mike Helton who made the statements. Yet people made him the blame.

The autopsy report was released a few days later & I studied it completely. While I took the information a bit differently than Joe- he did state the death was caused by the right cause. He hit his chin on the steering wheel & whipped back into his seats headrest. This was the actual movement that his body made & the cause of his death.
Now over the next MANY monthes, while the report was being investigated, again---people blamed Mike for all the delays. During this time the two EMT/emergancy workers had conflicting stories leaked to the hungry press. The press, of course, had a hayday with this information. After the report was released & explained- it was to be found that BOTH of these EMT's were right & wrong at the same time.
There were MANY reasons for DE's death. All of them were explained entirely. The belt held for some of the impact as shown where there was SOME abrasions on both hips, but it gave out on the left, as his body torched. There was MUCH more brusing on his right hip. His upper part of his body took a larger amount of the force of impact,(ribs, sternum) proving it was the LOWER part of the belt that let loose.
His body's torch, speed of impact, & position in the car ALL had something that contributed to his death.

Now Bud- We know all this information & HOW do we know it?
Because it was brought to us by none other than Mike Helton. When was it brought to us by him? When the report was complete. Isn't that exactly what you said you would do?

I may have a few disagreements with Mike Helton on other subjects- (such as restrictor plates) but on the subject of DE. He Knew all the things that Joe, I & others know. So your statements that he did not know was WRONG. He completely understood what happened & why. If you want to dislike him for another reason---OK.
Old 27 Jan 2002, 15:58 (Ref:205332)   #22
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Helton was the scapegoat
Lee, I'm glad you said this. I've been wanting to say this too, but have been holding back. Major League baseball is the same way. Everybody blames Bud Selig for all the problems. But he is just "a puppet" for Reinsdorf, Steinbrenner, etc. Why Bud ever accepted that postion is beyond me? I could see this coming, why couldn't he? I actually think Bud thinks he can fix the game, but I think the damage is done & will never be fixed. Oh well, one of the many reasons I'm not a fan of MLB anymore. Last game I went to was the last game played at Milw. County Stadium.

Hey Budmakesmeweiser, if you start your corporation, make sure you learn from MLB & don't make their mistakes.

Last edited by Lars; 27 Jan 2002 at 16:04.
Old 28 Jan 2002, 01:21 (Ref:205595)   #23
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

Hey doc you need to give Rose Lady an EEG,i think she's got delta waves when she should have beta,that was real unintelligent Rosie,but then agian that is what all of your posts are.Think,think,think,think,think,think,think,before you speak,speak,speak,speak,speak,speak,speak.Everyone will enjoy your presents much more if you can do that for us,Thank You.
Old 28 Jan 2002, 01:43 (Ref:205606)   #24
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Budmakesmewiser
Hey doc you need to give Rose Lady an EEG,i think she's got delta waves when she should have beta,that was real unintelligent Rosie,but then agian that is what all of your posts are.Think,think,think,think,think,think,think,before you speak,speak,speak,speak,speak,speak,speak.Everyone will enjoy your presents much more if you can do that for us,Thank You.
Geez Bud, if you knew how STUPID you sound!

Most, in fact, ALL of your posts ARE Unintelligent!
You never think before you speak, Bud you've never earned the right from most of us here to enjoy YOUR presence!
Old 28 Jan 2002, 01:49 (Ref:205609)   #25
Budmakesmewiser
Racer

"Bud you've never earned the right from most of us here to enjoy YOUR presence!" Think about that for a minute or one hundred,now what college do you go to.